Bears and their executes (Oh wait!)

90 Pandaren Monk
touch of death is not an execute because it is always available to use. It has a criteria of it not being able to exceed your max hp but all the executes that exist in wow have a requirement of a % of health left or missing to use. So by WoWs definition of an execute Touch of Death is just an ability with a defined prerequisite, not an execution range dps ability.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ya know I have a warrior and it has never occurred to me that i want an execute, because I'm a bear, I just keep biting things until they stop moving....it's more gruesome than humanely ending the mob's life.

I want new aoe ideas where i can see crap when I swipe but that's for a different thread...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why do you have to forgo defensive abilities to use execute? Once you have your shield block/absorb up and your rage generators are on CD, just use it as a filler. That's what it's suppose to be, another filler ability. Something you can use, that'll hit more then devastate or FFF or STP or heart strike, that you can use for a little extra push.

Because it costs rage, rage that can be used to stack shield block duration or a bigger barrier bubble, at no point does rage stop equalling more survival for a warrior. Also go ahead and try to keep shield block rolling while constantly dumping rage on execute, tell me how that goes.

Know how a spec works before you condemn it for having things it doesn't really have.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Using Execute most certainly drops your survivability. And it's a trap I fall into ALL THE TIME.

I understand what you're saying "There's no loss of survivability! You just pop Shield Block / Shield Barrier, and you can execute while still mitigating! ITS BRILLIANT!"

That idea is flawless, until I need to Shield mitigate -again-. Contrary to popular belief, I can't just poop out 60 Rage, and spending 30 Rage while trying to mitigate content that hurts my beautiful elf face isn't worth it.

Unfortunately I do it. All the time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/23/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Ðemolition
That's the sort of discussion I was looking for. I don't WANT an execute. I was wondering WHY we don't have one.

And that was answered.

Because flavor. Its not a 1min 20% cd or a long 40% or STDs, it does nothing crucial for surviving as well as everyone else. So its just a flavor thing some tanks have, and some don't.

But why don't bears have an execute ability? It just doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because why should you?
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Seriously, Soul Reaper. One dollar. I don't even care what kind of dollar.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
12/18/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Arcdeek
Seriously, Soul Reaper. One dollar. I don't even care what kind of dollar.

No deal, but I'll give you execute for AMS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Why doesn't my primary stat give me crit?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Again. Why do we need one?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Doesn't your primary stat give you parry?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/19/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Nexian

Kinda like your primary stat gives you dodge?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT

The difference is their primary stat doesn't give them more resource generation.

Ours does. Although compared to RPS stats it's total crap and nobody ever goes out of their way to get it, ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]