240k Chaos bolt......LAUGH OUT LOUD

83 Blood Elf Paladin
Gimme a fugging break blizzard. Ramp up time or not, you shouldn't be able to take 60% of my health (on my 90 Resto druid) period......with or without PVP gear...it shouldn't happen ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
A Warlock took slightly more than half my HP with his only powerful attack! Quick! Nerf it so he has nothing whatsoever!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
OP is correct.

you shouldnt go from 60-0 instantly ever.

you could maybe deserve to insta-die if you are at 30% or lower, that is reasonable. but 60% should be safe.

just like 5stack TfB should not under any circumstance do 90% of your HP.

if you are 90% hp, you shouldnt have to be worried about dying.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
11/24/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Bubblejobb
with or without PVP gear...it shouldn't happen ever.

Dieing with out pvp gear at 50-60% should happen. You know as an incentive to gear up if not then what is the use of gearing up?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Prieto
Dieing with out pvp gear at 50-60% should happen. You know as an incentive to gear up if not then what is the use of gearing up?

yeah definitely this. if you dont have pvp gear, then your willingly taking an extra 40% damage that you have no reason to be taking. Your choice is to take that much extra damage, you live with the consequnces.

but if you have full gear and a healthy amount of resil, losing anything more than 30% of your hp at a time is absurd.
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
A Warlock took slightly more than half my HP with his only powerful attack! Quick! Nerf it so he has nothing whatsoever!

Yeah I agree! The OP's argument is knida silly and yours is pretty sensible!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Blizzard has made themselves clear on the topic by not removing high burst from the game completely.

No matter how many classes/specs people complain about, theres always another high burst spec/class to take its place or a new op ability/spell that gets introduced by blizzard.

Stupid high burst is continually reintroduced to the game patch after patch, expac after expac.
Edited by Erowid on 11/24/2012 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/24/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Bubblejobb
Gimme a fugging break blizzard. Ramp up time or not, you shouldn't be able to take 60% of my health (on my 90 Resto druid) period......with or without PVP gear...it shouldn't happen ever.

yet shamans are the ones being nerfed. *boggle*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I was killing level 85s on my alt while levelling in BGs as destro from 100% to 0.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
11/24/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Mezasu
I was killing level 85s on my alt while levelling in BGs as destro from 100% to 0.

Except you had a lot higher crit chance which crit chance increases the damage done for CB. That and in leveling bgs and random bgs half of the people are afk botting so your example is kinda silly. If a team can't force an ember tap AND lets the lock get a good 20 sec or so of free casting AND lets the 3 second cast get off, they deserve to get hit by a truck.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Yup, I am now level 88, and I can still get some nasty burst, but its nowhere what it was at level 85 due to combat ratings.

Destro is the least of anyones concerns. Demonology is dangerous.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
TWIST: He was in temple of Kotmogu with a warlock having 75% increased dmg and zerk buff
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
11/24/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Shelaria
è
that + more sarcasm please.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
At least they have to cast.

Oh, well, frost bomb has a cast time, so I guess that's ok too.

XD
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Destro is the least of anyones concerns. Demonology is dangerous.

Both need to get nerfed.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

I don't have any powerful attacks, does that mean I am due for one? Oh right, I kill people with massive amounts of tickling, so fun.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/25/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Spinnerdh
I don't have any powerful attacks, does that mean I am due for one?

well.. to be honest... sort of.

hunters need something aggressively deadly. not as much as stampede was, nor as much as chaos bolt / TfB / Chaos wave / Frostbomb

but something along the lines of the deadlieness of enhancement ascendance.

something that makes the opponent go "OH CRAP" and mash their shield wall cooldown, but not something strong enough that if you blink at the wrong time your already dead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/25/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Cezar

= Dont nerf me bro

Not quite. As you can see, I've barely touched my Warlock since MoP launch.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Stop trolling. If it happened to you you'd be screaming bloody murder.

OP is correct.

you shouldnt go from 60-0 instantly ever.

you could maybe deserve to insta-die if you are at 30% or lower, that is reasonable. but 60% should be safe.

just like 5stack TfB should not under any circumstance do 90% of your HP.

if you are 90% hp, you shouldnt have to be worried about dying.

Says the great defense attorney of the Frost Mage. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander my friend.
Edited by Thundahstahm on 11/25/2012 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]