Having some mana issues =(

90 Blood Elf Priest
So, my guild needed healers and I decided to go from Shadow to Discipline to help them out (I love my guild so I'd do anything to help them)

I've noticed I do have some mana issues during fights / trash. I try to keep PoM on CD, I like to do Atonement healing (I don't know why, I just love Atonement healing) I use Renew to help heal up damage and spam PoH when heavy damage is going out, or I just spam Smite, Holy Fire and Penance + Renew and PoM.

Now given I'm still working on my gear, I'm just wondering if it's going to get better. Or if these are issues I am expected to face until I am more geared.

Or, if I'm just plain doing something wrong >_>.

I mostly use Inner Fire, but sometimes I switch to Inner Will..not sure which I should be using mostly..

Any tips are welcome =) (I actually have grown to love playing Disc)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You are shielding the tanks with PW:S, correct? Otherwise you're not getting any Rapture procs, which is a huge, huge portion of Disc's mana regen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yup, I try to keep the shield on tanks as much as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well your spirit is quite low, so that is probably a big portion of it. Make sure to get an addon to track your rapture cooldown for you so you aren't wasting shields if you don't have the spirit to afford them yet. I use Ingela's Rapture.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Alright, I'll try that, and should I use Inner will or fire mostly?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You should almost always be using Inner Fire.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Alright, thanks =D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/26/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Noplz
You should almost always be using Inner Fire.

I disagree with this.

With her low Spirit, she can't afford to use Inner Fire at the moment. In Inner Will, PW: Shield costs 15555 mana. In Inner Fire it's 18,300. With only 5874 Spirit, she's only getting 11,748 mana back from Rapture. She needs to be spending as little mana as possible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]