Shameful

5 Pandaren Monk
I am genuinely ashamed to be part of Thorn Horde.

On Sunday 25 Nov, I opted to partake in the adventure that is the Tillers dailies. What I witnessed both shocked and appalled me. After seeing what transpired, I decided to run as many of my 90s as possible through the area to gauge attitudes based on faction and class. I got through 11 toons before I chose to just float there and watch. The attitude of players has degenerates so far as to bring me to admit shame for the humanity that populates this server. Gross misconduct and greed was rampant. Sure you can pull ten mobs to try to get a quest done faster, but when there are dozens of people attempting to do these quests, there is no reason to do such except out of greed or spite. It is call courtesy. And apparently Thorn Horde has lost what it once had in abundance. I point at my Horde brothers and sisters because it was disgusting how the majority of them conducted themselves. I will not name names, but I will detail some of the actions. Especially given the 102 players I ended up tagging for sever misconduct/harassment. I will call out the six members of the guild “Respect”. Oh the irony. The intentional harassment and willful maliciousness toward other players trying to quest. Some of these players stayed as long as 30 minutes killing any mobs other players would attempt to attack. Only one Alliance player was witnessed acting in a similar manner. Some DK with so many special characters in the name I thought I was drunk when I tried reading it.

This turn-about is unacceptable. I have come to expect this type of behavior from Alliance side, but never from Horde. I do not mean to be overly harsh to my Alliance brothers and sisters, there are many great and respectful players over there, but my experience even playing on Alliance side has been somewhat less than pleasant over the years. Yes, I pin the acts on the individual, but as with today’s Horde, maliciousness seems to be the norm and given the number of Horde players conducting themselves in such a manner now and Alliance in the past, I will point to the Horde and Alliance as a whole.

Thorn has never been and never will be the most cutting edge of places, but it has been my home since it went live. I’d like to keep it the respectful place it has typically been. To that end I will do what I have always done, accept this time I am telling you very clearly and directly what I am doing in the hope that you will get control of your actions or the actions of your friends/guildmates. Each seriously offending player has been tagged. Every toon you log on will be tagged as well. Every purchase you make, every instance you enter, is being logged. Every offense you make will be reported, even the slightest ones. I will do to you what I have done to 817 other players during the last 8 years. I will spam the GMs with so many reports about your misconduct that they will be forced to take action against you. You can join the nearly 2000 toons I have gotten banned. It’s good to be retired.

As a side note, I have toons in eight of the top 20 guilds on this server. I know about or know of nearly every player I tagged yesterday. Heck, seven of them I’ve been on VOIP with recently. None of them are on my F-list, but the point is that I know where most of you hang all of your cloaks.

Like it or not, your actions and attitude in game are a reflection of whom you are as a person. You wish to be considered a d-bag, then so be it, that is after all your choice, but you will accept responsibility for your actions. Your freedom to swing your arms ends where my nose begins.

So I say again, for the first time, I am genuinely ashamed to be part of Thorn Horde.

I would like to tip my hat to Gelinda and SkyFu. Both of you showed an exceptional level honor and respect to those playing around you. Shining lights in what was a very miserable day for this server. There were several others, but unfortunately I was in the middle of tagging other players so I did not catch the names.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Post on an alt -1
Post is too long -1
Post is bleh -10

-2/10
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Something seems.....out of order.

Edit: It's funny because he is the guild leader of <Out of Order>.
Edited by Howdoing on 11/26/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
What's this? A long post of QQ by someone too afraid to post on his/her main? This... is without historic precedent and is worthy of our utmost attention!
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
Holy !@#$ type more. jesus.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I like the fact thats he/she is hiding behind an alt on the forums..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As always, if you feel any member of our guild has acted in an improper manner, please feel free to contact me with your concerns.

But please note that if you contact me on a level 1 toon, I will be less inclined to take your accusations seriously.

However, I find your idea of waiting in line to kill mobs for daily quests a bit absurd. There is a reason Blizzard allowed people to get kill credit for end quest mobs to anyone doing damage on them.

As a toon capable of pulling large packs of monsters and surviving, I go in, kill what I need and leave. If you expect people to stand around in a line for everyone to finish questing before doing their dailies I think you have a dream of a Utopian society in which we do not live.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Your post failed to gain any sympathy from me, but let me tell you my experience.

As a plate tank (on my warrior) I do roughly 30k-40k single target. When I pull a group of 10, I do well over 150k multi-target. Now I could pop all my cds and take down 1 every min or two, or I can pull 10, pop my cds and have them all down in a min or two.
When I play this priest you see to the left, I pull between 60k and 90k single target and can not handle more than 2 mobs at a time. If I see someone pulling 10 at a time, I ask if they want to do dailies together (they usually do) and then I dot up everything and we are done in maybe 1/4th the time.

Learn to adapt. Playing the game the way best suited to your char is a good idea, not bad manners.

Ask if these people want to work together with you, and as a last resort, play on an even less populated server, or not at peak times.

Good luck alt qq'r
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
These trolls taste great!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
"Each seriously offending player has been tagged. Every toon you log on will be tagged as well. Every purchase you make, every instance you enter, is being logged. Every offense you make will be reported, even the slightest ones. I will do to you what I have done to 817 other players during the last 8 years. I will spam the GMs with so many reports about your misconduct that they will be forced to take action against you."

You are aware that stalking and harassing players in The World of Warcraft is again the TOS right?

While I would hope that people on TH can group up and will actually ask to group up for dailys before they come to the forum and complain about them I think I am more appauled by your comments I copied / pasted from above.

Sym
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Post on your main and we will maybe take you seriously
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
All those people you reported will probably have nothing done. As gathering up 10 mobs and killing them is not against the rules. Following someone around and tagging their mob is considering griefing but grouping up lots and killing them isn't.

Also, your math doesn't add up. You've reported 817 players and got 2000 banned. Did the other 1183 mysteriously get reported by proxy?

Like Percules said, learn to adapt. If you think T-Horn is respectable ask for people to join your group and finish the dailies and leave. The Tiller dailies are very simple and quick to do. Even when people are gathering up all mobs, it's not hard to move to another part and finish.
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Hunter
I don't know what this crazy person is trying to say, but I too can post on an alt :-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If Respect is doing anything that involves alliance, they should have shared the fun.

That's the crime here!!
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I also find horde conduct to be a bit Loathsome at times.

:)
Edited by Judson on 11/28/2012 12:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
/Thanks Lacroix for almost getting coffee all over the keyboard after reading Lac's response first thing in the morning <3
LOL!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Judson
I also find horde conduct to be a bit Loathsome at times.

^^ This ROFL

You little rascal you! /ruffle
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So your saying, this people grouped and pulled a mass mobs and finished their quests in a single pass.. i would say /win, normally i do em alone :( /fail.. nobody likes me.. smelly troll feet
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
umad

also, alt character
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]