5.1 and combustion

This is silly the amount of damage I do with this spell now tonight on Empress I had a 123k combust rolling. Can we revert this spell back to what it was in 5.0.5.

You buffed it to compensate for the Pyro nerf and than took out the pyro nerf and never "fixed" this. I say fixed because this spell before was really the only difference between a godmode damage mage and an average raid damage mage and now it's impossible as long as you have a pot rolling to get anything lower than 50k a tick if you try.

For those of you who don't exactly know how to get this (even though mage is incredibly easy)

Prepot start fight
In my case wait for both trinkets to proc as well as a free pyro
Hit PoM/Alter Time
Pyro Pyro / Alter Time Pyro Pyro
Where you combust is dependent on if your first pyro crit or not if it did cmobust after the third pyro, if it didn't combust after the fourth unless you wanna roll the dice and hope the last 3 do.
Edited by Torkei on 11/28/2012 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Shaman
The day a mage wants a nerf. It is the end of us all
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
TORKEI. SHUSH.

Love you. <3
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
They didn't buff it to compensate for the pyro nerf. They buffed the contribution from Ignite to compensate for the loss of contribution from Pyro. It was supposed to result in about the same damage, but with a greater dependency on using it during a good Ignite. Sounds like they may have overshot that target.
85 Human Mage
It was pretty obvious that because of the variability of the strength of Ignite that if they straight up transferred the damage co-efficient at a 100% rate that it would turn into a buff of stupid proportions for people who play the spec well.

My worry is that it pushes us so far into the point of ridiculousness that we get an across-the-board nerf. Hopefully this doesn't happen.
Reply Quote
a buff of stupid proportions for people who play the spec well.

Read: Can Squeeze 3 pyros into 1 ignite DoT and hope even 1 crits lol.

Seriously this was a ridiculous buff to a spec that with proper RNG already had unfair damage compared to the rest of the classes out there.

Maybe I'm just a little butthurt that they buffed arcane this patch and I want to play something that's not based on RNG. I mean I got my wish but now it's either poor RNG and I still do great damage or good RNG and I get Cthulu tier damage
Edited by Torkei on 11/28/2012 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I had a feeling this would be a bit silly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
WAIT.

DID THEY ACTUALLY FIX COMBUSTION ?!
Reply Quote
WAIT.

DID THEY ACTUALLY FIX COMBUSTION ?!

If by fixed you mean made it extremely hard to be bad at and do ridiculous amounts of damage then yes. If by fixed you mean isn't completely overpowered no
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Torkei
If by fixed you mean made it extremely hard to be bad at and do ridiculous amounts of damage then yes. If by fixed you mean isn't completely overpowered no

oh.

Well at least they fixed its damage.

Now maybe they just need to raise the skill cap back up.

still, its progress.
Reply Quote

oh.

Well at least they fixed its damage.

Now maybe they just need to raise the skill cap back up.

still, its progress.

It didn't need its damage increased mages were doing competitive if not top damage before this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Torkei
It didn't need its damage increased mages were doing competitive if not top damage before this.

It needed a huge damage increase.

it got shafted these past 3 months.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
It did not need a single-target damage increase especially with the state of game balance in PvE at the moment.

There will be nerfs as a result of this as we are so stupidly ahead of the pack and you now have literally nothing to manage making the skill cap near-zero.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Noomage
There will be nerfs as a result of this

just as long as they dont renerf combustion, its probably worth it.

11/28/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Noomage
It did not need a single-target damage increase

also that reminds me, they still need to remove the 3target cap bologna.
Reply Quote
I can't even tell if you're trolling at this point pre 5.1 a great combust at like 62k could put you ahead of the pack in raids now that's my average.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Torkei
I can't even tell if you're trolling at this point pre 5.1 a great combust at like 62k could put you ahead of the pack in raids now that's my average.

62k... yeah...

at 85, i was pulling 100k+ combustion's, 62k is pathetic.

bring back combustion's glory blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Well that comment should show you all that you need to know whether they are trolling or not.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Hiroran
Well that comment should show you all that you need to know whether they are trolling or not.

Yup, but in all honesty Blizzard if you're reading this can we get this hotfixed at the very least or acknowledge that it's broken because this is pretty close to unacceptable especially with a month and a half on the PTR
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm not trolling. combustion should be a 2+ minute cooldown and should be absolutely ridiculous like it was in cata.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Can we get some world of logs links please?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]