5.1 and combustion

85 Human Mage
11/28/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Explain
Can we get some world of logs links please?

This is the top Feng HM parse, which came up yesterday post-patch.

The amount Combustion ticks for, especially since this is non-gimmick, is pretty silly (mouse over the spell names and they show up in English):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l5xcjngnw55xhkpy/details/0/?s=5365&e=5719
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
looks fine to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Im with you boys/girls
Sorry no log, but dropping avg 120k - 165k+ on MV bosses is cray..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It didn't need its damage increased mages were doing competitive if not top damage before this.

It needed a huge damage increase.

it got shafted these past 3 months.

Is that a joke?

Edit: I mean, I'd rather leave the buff in place. I kind of hate it when people call for nerfs to their own class. Especially since nerfs can easily be over done. But really, how can you possibly say combustion was "shafted these past three months"?
Edited by Taymage on 11/28/2012 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Taymage
But really, how can you possibly say combustion was "shafted these past three months"?

because it dealt so much more damage in 4.3 than it did in 5.0.1???
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Is that a joke?

Edit: I mean, I'd rather leave the buff in place. I kind of hate it when people call for nerfs to their own class. Especially since nerfs can easily be over done. But really, how can you possibly say combustion was "shafted these past three months"?

It's because it was so ridiculously gimmicky and strong in Cata (you could wipe an entire bg or AoE an entire pack of raid adds down with the thing) versus what it is now.

The part that makes it stupid now is that the class has changed to a limited target cleave spec with really strong single target as well instead of being a competitive single-target and gimmicky OP AoE spec like it was in previous expansions (with single-target viability changing each tier of course).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/28/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink
But really, how can you possibly say combustion was "shafted these past three months"?

because it dealt so much more damage in 4.3 than it did in 5.0.1???

4.3 huh? So do you also want to get rid of heating up procs and all of the additional pyros?
Reply Quote
I'd rather get this change reverted before any huge nerfs happen to us.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Taymage
4.3 huh? So do you also want to get rid of heating up procs and all of the additional pyros?

Heating Up was a great idea but horribly executed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/28/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Noomage
Can we get some world of logs links please?

This is the top Feng HM parse, which came up yesterday post-patch.

The amount Combustion ticks for, especially since this is non-gimmick, is pretty silly (mouse over the spell names and they show up in English):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l5xcjngnw55xhkpy/details/0/?s=5365&e=5719

Ty. Was hoping for OPs log, since that is still a far cry from the 125k the OP claims - as that is 72k if I'm not mistaken. I'll check some more logs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Seems like most I looked at were around 50-75k combustion ticks with this being the big outlier:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w85rhul0oqglb161/details/6/?s=3909&e=4213

115k ticks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
11/28/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Houndstooth
Ty. Was hoping for OPs log, since that is still a far cry from the 125k the OP claims - as that is 72k if I'm not mistaken. I'll check some more logs.

72k ticks, 159k tick crits with a 31% crit rate (roughly equivalent to raid buffed gear, it would actually be slightly lower than his actual in this case).

It's pretty silly. I know that on Monday when I did 187k on Elegon that I hit Combust in execute with an Ignite over 160k... I can't imagine what something gimmicky like that would come out to be on this patch.
Edited by Noomage on 11/28/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
last night on heroic feng i kept pulling aggro every time after mirror images ran out because of 80-100k + combusts on pull...

pretty redic to be honest. haha
Reply Quote
Nvm my average first combust DPS was 123k well it was running because of the outlier crits on the ticks and I had just switched to Skada over Recount.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d6yitzvsss75t6ea/log/?s=8313&e=8827

That was my combustion log from last nights empress where I died at 13% with 134k DPS (4k short of the rank 1 parse atm) due to not being dispelled on fear.

However had I lived I would have had one last final double trinket/Berserking/Engi gloves combust which would have pushed me over the rank 1 parse.

Tbh there wasn't a single pull last night besides 1 amber shaper where at the beginning me and Atumo were not pulling 230k for the first minute of the fight.

EDIT:: And someone just smashed the rank 1 parse by 14k DPS. Clearly this is working as intended lol
Edited by Torkei on 11/28/2012 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This sounds relatively okay anyway. Your stacking pots/trinkets/PoM, and Alter time to use combustion in a way that makes it do a ton of dmg. They will just take one of the elements away from you similar to the Avatar nerf. My guess is Alter time may be changed to no longer support PoM, but imo leave it like it is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Nvm my average first combust DPS was 123k well it was running because of the outlier crits on the ticks and I had just switched to Skada over Recount.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d6yitzvsss75t6ea/log/?s=8313&e=8827

That was my combustion log from last nights empress where I died at 13% with 134k DPS (4k short of the rank 1 parse atm) due to not being dispelled on fear.

However had I lived I would have had one last final double trinket/Berserking/Engi gloves combust which would have pushed me over the rank 1 parse.

Tbh there wasn't a single pull last night besides 1 amber shaper where at the beginning me and Atumo were not pulling 230k for the first minute of the fight.

EDIT:: And someone just smashed the rank 1 parse by 14k DPS. Clearly this is working as intended lol

thank you, appreciate the info, very nice parse
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Just curious been reading up on mage changes... Think the change to combust is fairly clear however I had question after reading the insane ammount of combust people in here are getting.... Granted raid buffed flasked pot ect makes a massive difference but from just testing on raid dummy @ 480ilvl for 20 mins or so my combusts seem to be anywhere from 10-15% higher than before. However - and this may be doing a little off topic - even with PoM/Alter time and ignite tracking the highest Ignite I saw was about 27k. Now Raid buffed last night on spiritbinder I had one that was 60-65k before I knew they had made changes.... Does this make mastery a better stat? I've really tried to push it out for crit and I'm assuming the shammy 3000 mastery buff is part of the reason my ignite was so big. Going to look @ gear of those who were saying they had 100+K and check it out.

Granted raid buff/pot and 490 makes a diff vs self buffed 480 but it still seems like a huge gap : /

Edit: To clarify checking recount and accounting for crit ticks i was averaging 33-36k ticks
Edited by Velouria on 11/28/2012 7:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ks1xt1v3ceywiwze/analyze/dd/source/?s=3069&e=3497

Pls no nerf combustion sir
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Everything else about our class got nerfed. You're really complaining about a buff?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]