Razorgore. LOL?

100 Dwarf Warrior
It has been changed to make it more soloable.
Solo'd him on this toon last night.
Most notable change being that the channel duration is not shortened by being hit.

Kept destroying eggs until the first channel was complete.
AOE'd down all the adds on me before the boss reach the crystal.
Pop'd Gift of the Naruu on myself.
Cast the channel again and had the remaining eggs destroyed before the second channel was complete.
Reply Quote
Why he is pretty easy to solo now but it still requires you be decent at the game and have some sort of strat.

No, it requires you be one of 3 classes.

Guess one of 'em has to be Rogues right? Just soloed him along with the rest of the instance last night. Only had problems when I wasn't performing correctly. On the last try, it was incredibly easy. Only boss that I've attempted so far that I could not solo is Patchwerk. I always get him to 1/4 but I just don't have the self-healing/dps to take him out before I'm dead.
Edited by Kashta on 11/30/2012 3:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The issue is that a semi-big deal was made about allowing players to more easily solo old bosses in 5.1, but all of the bosses that were un-soloable before are still un-soloable.

It is still not possible to solo Razorgore because you:
a) cannot protect him from adds and control him at the same time
b) cannot heal him because while you aren't controlling him, he's an enemy
c) break all the eggs before he is killed by adds.

Even though they reduced the cooldown of Destroy Egg to 3 seconds, you still can't break every egg in the room before Razorgore is dead. Unless you can magically cause all of the adds to attack you instead of him, while you are channeling.

EDIT: On a related note, C'Thun is still impossible to solo legitimately. You can still exploit Ouro to kill him, but he still one-shots you if you go to his stomach and nobody is on the surface.

Twin Emperors are now comfortably soloable though, provided you have enough purely magic of purely physical damage.

Negative, I soloed Razorgore fairly easily yesterday.
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Priest
From what I've read the key tactic is to have a self-heal of some kind that draws aggro to you instead of Razorgore.

Any advice for a mage?
Reply Quote
From what I've read the key tactic is to have a self-heal of some kind that draws aggro to you instead of Razorgore.

Any advice for a mage?

Actually, I did no healing at all. The trick I found is frequently releasing control of Razorgore (if he has aggro on about 5 or 6 adds) and AOEing the mobs down around you before he gets to you. Releasing him from control tends to drop the aggro he has on adds to you. Also, I destroyed eggs from the far end and worked my way over to the orb.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

Hi. I solod razorgore. I could almost do it pre patch, but always fell short.

The best hint I can give you is waste not a single moment. As soon as you take control, pop the nearest egg, then move for the duration of the cd to the next egg, and pop it asap. Repeat over and over until your channel resets. Kill as many adds as possible without hitting Razor, heal up a bit, and do it again. Don't waste time trying to fight or anything with Razorgore, only break eggs. At the start of the second channel I would try to clear the platform you are controlling, and work your way back, and you should be able to finish at the start of the 3rd channel.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It won't even let me touch the orb :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/30/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Knowtheledge

Pet out?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/30/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Tygerlilly
Anyone else having issues with the action bar? When I am mc'd, all I can do is move him. None of the abilities are working - I can click on the buttons, but nothing happens. I tried with all addons disabled, but still couldn't get any abilities to work.
You use a bar addon I take it? I had this issue too until I realized he goes into a pet bar instead of a vehicle bar. Set your keybindings up on your pet bar and make sure it's visible and you shouldn't have an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
The issue is that a semi-big deal was made about allowing players to more easily solo old bosses in 5.1, but all of the bosses that were un-soloable before are still un-soloable.

Even though they reduced the cooldown of Destroy Egg to 3 seconds, you still can't break every egg in the room before Razorgore is dead. Unless you can magically cause all of the adds to attack you instead of him, while you are channeling.

EDIT: On a related note, C'Thun is still impossible to solo legitimately. You can still exploit Ouro to kill him, but he still one-shots you if you go to his stomach and nobody is on the surface.

Twin Emperors are now comfortably soloable though, provided you have enough purely magic of purely physical damage.

I just soloed him (Razorgore) last night, without using the ledge to bug out adds.

"Can't" means "OP doesn't know how", not "it isn't possible".
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Anyone crying about Razorgore not being soloable need only be directed here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJKkTDLzH7U
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
>_<
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I soloed him with shaman and lock at 90:

shaman: use both fire and earth elementals in between channels to help keep the adds down

warlock: used dark apotheosis and grim sac- got enough healing aggro to keep them mostly off the boss

both were still very close though

U can't solo him.

So you're saying no one can solo him? LOL!

Check my history and you'll see I did it on the night of 5.1 release. I haven't been able to solo him before 5.1 and it was extremely nice to finally be able to.

Want to down him? Do this:

Kill the Controller and his 2 adds and immediately click the orb. Break every single egg in the back as you can as fast as you can for the FULL duration of the Mind Control. When the Mind Control breaks, AoE all the adds that are on your character as fast as you can. You cannot spend a lot of time doing this. If you need to, drink a health pot or eat a healthstone.

Click the orb again and get control of Razorgore. Now break the rest of the eggs as fast as you can.

The trick is to break all the eggs in 1.5 mind controls. It's all about speed. The faster you break the eggs, the sooner you will beat the encounter.

I've solo'd him on both my Warlock and Hunter since the patch. Both times were done on the first attempt.
Edited by Alkiì on 11/30/2012 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/30/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Knowtheledge

You cannot touch the orb if you have a pet out. Dismiss the pet and you'll be good to go.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Any advice for a mage?

From what I'm seeing, your character will get a fair amount of aggro just from controlling. SOME of the adds that spawn will come after Razorgore. Do not mess with them, ignore them. Your main focus is to kill the eggs as fast as possible. You cannot hesitate, you cannot stop.

By the time you break the last egg, Razorgore will have taken a good amount of damage.

It's pretty simple and shouldn't be hard for anyone at level 90.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock

shaman: use both fire and earth elementals in between channels to help keep the adds down

warlock: used dark apotheosis and grim sac- got enough healing aggro to keep them mostly off the boss

Why didn't I think of that... must try that now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Why didn't I think of that... must try that now.

When the first mind control breaks, I simply spam Harvest of Life (AoE Drain Life).

The adds die, and I quickly re-click the orb and get back to breaking eggs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Razorgore is easy.... L2P?

It may take a few tries if you haven't been doing BWL regularly.

But impossible? Come on, exaggeration much?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]