Did Blizzard forget about you mages?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well 5.1 is here, yay. I don't want this thread to be a complaining thread; However I'm very disappointed in Mages. I do not know mechanics of Mages or what gear you need, but from I've noticed Mages do too much damage. On my pally I'm the off tank for a progression raid group and we have a Mage and he is the only one who ever pulls aggro off me on trash.

I also do pvp as ret and I have an eley shammy as well. Now I really don't want to ask for much from blizzard, but the least I'd expect is for them not to let 1 class rule them all 1v1 or 1v3. Lets not discuss other classes in their lacking but rather why Mages can easily solo almost every class with merely 1 deep freeze and a silence.

I also forgot to include that either blizzard nerf'd nearly every class in damage in 5.1. Some classes that did not get buffed in damage in my opinion did not need to do more damage with the appropriate gear.
Edited by Chadbro on 11/29/2012 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Mages, warriors and locks do too much damage.

Welcome to blizzards amazing balance team. their solution, add more pvp power to weapons so the effects are amplified.
Reply Quote
A bit too obvious there bro.

1/10

Nothing to see here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Chadbro
On my pally I'm the off tank for a progression raid group and we have a Mage and he is the only one who ever pulls aggro off me on trash.

That would only happen if he single targets something you are not. Tell him to stop sucking and get a focus target macro.

If he actually pulls aggro off you using AoE, or targetting something you do... Well, then it's entirely you who suck.

A bit too obvious there bro.

1/10

Nothing to see here.

One day, you too will realise that it's fun to engage trolls. It's a great stress reliever.
Reply Quote
Did Blizzard forget about you mages?

Blizzard did forget about us Mages.

However I'm very disappointed in Mages.

And I am very disappointed in Mages also.

After weeks of serious discussion Blizzard still refuses to change our Level 90 talents, we feel forgotten, and it is utterly disappointing. Bait-and-switch.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
11/29/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Naishee
That would only happen if he single targets something you are not. Tell him to stop sucking and get a focus target macro.

I have yet to see a tank that can hold threat on me if i get a just decently lucky streak at the start of a fight.

I highly doubt all of those tanks suck, yes they aren't the best, but they certainly dont suck.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
mother of god
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I like the fact that I have had to use threat dumping mechanics at the start of a fight for the first time since ICC.

It means that I have a reason to still have Omen running in the background. I also get to call the tank bad for allowing a 200k dps burst at the start of the fight to pull aggro of him.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well 5.1 is here, yay. I don't want this thread to be a complaining thread
You're a pally posting a new thread in the mage forums. There is a 100% chance that this thread is a complaint thread.

I do not know mechanics of Mages or what gear you need, but from I've noticed Mages do too much damage.
Just shut up.
Edited by Crystalah on 11/29/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well 5.1 is here, yay. I don't want this thread to be a complaining thread; However I'm very disappointed in Mages. I do not know mechanics of Mages or what gear you need, but from I've noticed Mages do too much damage. On my pally I'm the off tank for a progression raid group and we have a Mage and he is the only one who ever pulls aggro off me on trash.

I also do pvp as ret and I have an eley shammy as well. Now I really don't want to ask for much from blizzard, but the least I'd expect is for them not to let 1 class rule them all 1v1 or 1v3. Lets not discuss other classes in their lacking but rather why Mages can easily solo almost every class with merely 1 deep freeze and a silence.

I also forgot to include that either blizzard nerf'd nearly every class in damage in 5.1. Some classes that did not get buffed in damage in my opinion did not need to do more damage with the appropriate gear.

yes they did, because nerfing deep freeze,ring of frost,spellsteal, ice barrier by about 40%. amd the mage armors isn't enough.

why do kids with l2p issues always come to our forums crying?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Ya mages are just stupid op in pve at least, I am looking at you fire mages.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Nerfdks
Ya mages are just stupid op in pve at least, I am looking at you fire mages.

So go blood, learn to tank, then bathe in your amazing dps so all your butthurt goes away.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Mages are op nerf them.

Warriors are op nerf them.

Druids are op nerf them.

Warlocks are op nerf them.

Monks are op nerf them.

Shaman are fine.

Rogues are op nerf them.

Paladins are op nerf them.

Priests are op nerf them.

Death Knights are op nerf them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Frost Mages now have a habit of pulling aggro with the Frost Bomb + Freeze + glyphed Fire Blast, or just a streak of crits, on trash mobs, which tends to have a lower threat on the tank than the boss.

I didn't know that pallies complain about mages even in PvE.

About killing someone fast, the same can be said about Ret pallies blowing cooldowns or Enhancement Shamans popping Ascendance. Frost, though, has a easier time than most casters to set damage with a stun, Deep Freeze. The nerfs in the patch were meant to make it harder and less profitable.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Dear Blizzard:

Paper is OP and needs to be nerfed.
Scissors are fine.
Signed, Rock.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Spaace
Shaman are fine.

Since its not plural, which one Shaman specifically is fine?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/30/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Vortune
Shaman are fine.

Since its not plural, which one Shaman specifically is fine?

Shaman is plural for shaman.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
11/29/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Spaace
Shaman are fine.

lol. just lol. resto MAY be fine, but not ele or enhance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
1 class rule them all

And.....one class to find them,
One class to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]