[70 Exalted Reputations] NERF!

(Locked)

90 Goblin Warlock
Really Blizzard? I worked so hard on getting to 70 rep for the BELOVED title and then you go in nerf it to 60 rep REALLY? now i have nothing to show for my effort to 70 exalted rep.. GG ty..
90 Pandaren Hunter
That's dumb. It's not like it was impossible, you just needed the Justicar reps to get it.

They could have nerfed it to 65 at least.

u_u
90 Goblin Warlock
That's dumb. It's not like it was impossible, you just needed the Justicar reps to get it.

They could have nerfed it to 65 at least.

u_u

agreed!
85 Orc Hunter
lets be honest

you have the Insane

you weren't gonna use the Beloved anyways
90 Goblin Warlock
lets be honest

you have the Insane

I was. A lot people have the Insane title now.

70 exalted rep> Insane in the membrane achievement.

Not a lot of people have 70+ exalted rep.
85 Draenei Shaman
dude holy !@#$!! thats awesome you're exalted with like everything!! :P
100 Troll Priest
I had it at 70. It's a shame, they nerfed it, but oh well. I would really like more grinds that don't involve dailies. Repeatables, long kill grinds, etc is what I would like.
90 Draenei Shaman
If you actually go bother to read the relevant twitters from Ghostcrawler, original design intent was that the Best Friends reputations were going to count for it, so they made it 70 reps. They didn't really want it working like that, but that's how it was working, so they designed it that high.

Turns out his information was slightly outdated, so the Best Friends reputations weren't counting for it, but it was still at 70. That is to say, far higher than currently intended. So they dropped it in 5.1 to make it the correcter amount (10 lower).

Yes, it is technically a 'nerf', but the bar wasn't ever supposed to be that high anyways.
90 Human Mage
11/29/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Moelock
Really Blizzard? I worked so hard on getting to 70 rep for the BELOVED title and then you go in nerf it to 60 rep REALLY? now i have nothing to show for my effort to 70 exalted rep.. GG ty..

Awww, what a hard life. Poor you.

Get over it.
100 Blood Elf Mage
lets be honest

you have the Insane

I was. A lot people have the Insane title now.

70 exalted rep> Insane in the membrane achievement.

Not a lot of people have 70+ exalted rep.

I have Insane as well, and much preferred 'the Beloved'.
I was sad when it was getting nerfed to 60, but would've been fine with 65 as it was still 'relatively' easy, but would need a few reps that took a fair amount of time to raise.
Oh well though. All in all, I still like my title and don't care that others will get it due to earning it with a watered down requirement. I don't let others dictate what I do/don't enjoy. :D
*hugs a fellow 70+ repper* (yes I know, switched guilds so that is missing from exalted :P)
90 Goblin Warlock
11/29/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Charmless

Awww, what a hard life. Poor you.

Get over it.

Douche?
100 Night Elf Druid
I agree with the OP. Why take out an achievement just because it's difficult to obtain. Isn't that the whole point?

Blizz; If you're going to nerf an achievement, might I suggest Resilient Victory? The point value of this achievement wasn't adjusted to reflect the victory point requirements of AB from 2000 to 1600. On top of that, 5.1 makes it so groups of more than 5 cannot queue for a battleground together. This achievement is near impossible to earn, other than with extreme luck.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree that it's disappointing. I understand that it wasn't supposed to be the kind of achievement a lot of people thought it was going to be, but I think there should be another one with a different title at 70.

My understanding is if you didn't complete the Gelkis or Magram kolkar or other reps removed from the game, to get 70 you must grind either:

- Ravenholdt
- WSG (ugh)
- Pirates
- Switch Shattrath factions

Doing any of the above deserves and achievement. I'm being an advocate here, because you won't catch me doing any of the above anytime soon. :)
100 Blood Elf Paladin
who cares
90 Orc Hunter
. On top of that, 5.1 makes it so groups of more than 5 cannot queue for a battleground together

Que in 3 x 5. If all your ques pop at once chances are you'll be the same BG.
100 Pandaren Shaman
Gelkis or Magram
Switch Shattrath factions

It only counts current factions at exalted, so switching those or the Frenzyheart/Oracle will not count as it will not track as you lose one to get another. And the Centaur reps couldn't be leveled to Exalted.

Note: Insane is much easier than it used to be... No Shen'dralar and Darkmoon Faire having dailies/monthlys.
Edited by Doubleagent on 12/6/2012 1:29 PM PST
90 Gnome Mage
People complain to complain, this really isnt a big deal. Most all reps are dead anyways, really easy to get. Justicar is the only true grind left. Once they took out shendralar and nerfd all the insane reps for the title, it was clear that reps were dead. Getting 70 titles wasnt hard it was inevitable for most of us.
What's so Insane about Insane?

Unless you did bloodsail like i did and still no FoS :|
100 Human Priest
^

That's pretty impressive. I thought about exalted bloodsail but that was too insane for me.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]