The big winners in 5.1? Bots...

90 Human Warrior
First mineral and herb nodes in Pandaria were nerfed by 50%, and the botters and gold sellers cheered! Now I read we can't have more than 5 in a group for random BGs, eliminating almost all hope that my guild and I can enjoy a random BG that's bot-free. But you can queue for rated BGs if you want to run with an organized group Blizzard says! Sure, and get squashed by better geared pugs that spend all day in trade trying to game the system by getting into low mmr rated BGs even though they have 2000+ rated experience. Well played, Blizzard, well played.

Seriously, before you guys make changes like this at least do SOMETHING to address issues like resource and pvp bots before making stealth changes like those we've seen the last few days. The argument that you want to promote game play that is closer to what the player base expects with regards to random BGs is nonsense. Players are supposed to expect the usual disjointed mess, complete with the possibility that half of the group are bots? That's the expectation? You can't be serious...

Sorry guys, but this isn't "fun".
Edited by Nihilon on 11/30/2012 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Eh.

I'm more concerned that you're a Warrior wearing a dress.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
How does the new level of scarcity benefit botters? I keep seeing people make this assertion, but nobody's bothered to support it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Less resources to go around means prices will go up. Higher prices means more gold for gold sellers to, you know, sell. Who do you think will have more available to sell? The botter/gold seller? Or the player who goes to work or school each day? The botters will still get theirs, and the price inflation that Blizzard is designing for benefits them the most. Players who need resources to support their characters now need to spend more time gathering them, and less actually playing the game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It is not "stealth nerfs", it is stuff that still have to be fully confirmed by the Rep who compiles the notes... Search function, use it!

I swear you whiners do know what a nerf is anymore...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
"It costs me more to raid" doesn't equate to "the botters make more money." Price inflation that is commensurate with a reduced supply means the people selling make the same amount of money per unit of time spent. So how does the botter gathering 240 stacks of buttweed a day on his gatherbot and selling it to you for 60g per stack benefit him over selling 480 stacks for 30g each?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/30/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Kaganfindel
So how does the botter gathering 240 stacks of buttweed a day on his gatherbot and selling it to you for 60g per stack benefit him over selling 480 stacks for 30g each?

Do you really not understand what the OP said?

Basically, bots still have the time necessary to farm all the resources and sell them. Regular players like you and me....who have work or school on a regular basis.....they have the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME to play with LESS RESOURCES available to them to farm within that time frame.

Botters have unlimited time, they can still always farm. Sure, they don't get as much anymore, but they are still able to get more than the average player.

It's not that hard to understand. Thinking is awesome, it's what brains were made for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It is not "stealth nerfs", it is stuff that still have to be fully confirmed by the Rep who compiles the notes... Search function, use it!

I swear you whiners do know what a nerf is anymore...

Thanks for swallowing that one whole...I read their explanation too "from the one who puts the patch notes together", but it doesn't hold water. There was a PTR for 5.1 and neither changes we either on the PTR or in the notes. I don't care how long it takes for them to compile their notes, if a change is made and the community has to find it on their own it's a stealth nerf. Period. This isn't tree form's hair catching fire, these are major changes that even their Blues aren't told about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So how does the botter gathering 240 stacks of buttweed a day on his gatherbot and selling it to you for 60g per stack benefit him over selling 480 stacks for 30g each?

Basically, bots still have the time necessary to farm all the resources and sell them. Regular players like you and me....who have work or school on a regular basis.....they have the SAME AMOUNT OF TIME to play with LESS RESOURCES available to them to farm within that time frame.

Botters have unlimited time, they can still always farm. Sure, they don't get as much anymore, but they are still able to get more than the average player.

It's not that hard to understand. Thinking is awesome, it's what brains were made for.

I'll take it one step further...on any realm there are only so many Ghost Iron Bars that are needed by the players. It is not an infinite amount...go ahead, I'll give you guys a second to let that one sink in.

If a gold farmer gathers more resources than the market requires then they will be stuck with resources they can't sell. Now they will be more scarce and the chances are quite good that they will have less to sell than the market requires. Prices go up, and the gold sellers profit the most...literally.
Edited by Nihilon on 11/30/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Amberlynh

You still haven't explained how the guy who's gathering resources with bots benefits from the change. You've described how you think the change hurts"regular players like you and me," but you still haven't explained how you think it helps the botter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

I'll take it one step further...on any realm there are only so many Ghost Iron Bars that are needed by the players. It is not an infinite amount...go ahead, I'll give you guys a second to let that one sink in.

If a gold farmer gathers more resources than the market requires then they will be stuck with resources they can't sell. Now they will be more scarce and the chances are quite good that they will have less to sell than the market requires. Prices go up, and the gold sellers profit the most...literally.

Now we're talking! You're saying that these botters were previously gathering more than they could sell, but now that players are driven into the arms of those darned filthy cheaters they'll be able to sell all of their goods. If you can provide any evidence that this is happening, then you've got a solid point.

By the way, your posts seem a little patronizing. I'm just asking you to be dilligent in your assertions. Same goes for you, Amber.
Edited by Kaganfindel on 11/30/2012 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/30/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Kaganfindel
"It costs me more to raid" doesn't equate to "the botters make more money." Price inflation that is commensurate with a reduced supply means the people selling make the same amount of money per unit of time spent. So how does the botter gathering 240 stacks of buttweed a day on his gatherbot and selling it to you for 60g per stack benefit him over selling 480 stacks for 30g each?

Buttweed is my favorite MoP herb.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm more of a fool's crap elf myself, but I can see the attraction.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Kaganfindel
You still haven't explained how the guy who's gathering resources with bots benefits from the change.

Fewer resources+ bot able to run uninterrupted 24/7/365 + speed/teleport hacking = all your resources r belong 2 me.

Turn around and now not only are all the resources theirs, but they're also the only source to buy from. Being a controlling monopoly = more gold for gold sellers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Kaganfindel
You still haven't explained how the guy who's gathering resources with bots benefits from the change.

11/30/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Amberlynh
Sure, they don't get as much anymore, but they are still able to get more than the average player.

Botters make more gold now then they did before, thus always being online they profit more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Bomdanil

Fewer resources+ bot able to run uninterrupted 24/7/365 + speed/teleport hacking = all your resources r belong 2 me.

Turn around and now not only are all the resources theirs, but they're also the only source to buy from. Being a controlling monopoly = more gold for gold sellers.

Only that's not happening. I'm still able to gather herbs manually with my little elf here. I'm also able to plant them on my instanced farm, so monopolies are impossible.

Botters make more gold now then they did before, thus always being online they profit more.

How are they doing that, and how do you know? Has the increase in price per unit not been commensurate with the increase in scarcity?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
How are they doing that, and how do you know? Has the increase in price per unit not been commensurate with the increase in scarcity?
Are you truly that dense?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/30/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Mistweavers
Are you truly that dense?

Nah he probably bots and that is why he is making a case for botters.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Kaganfindel

Yes, taking something that was once plentiful then nerfing it into the ground makes backlog more profitable than it would have been if you hadn't messed with anything.

Guess what bots have lots of. Think real hard.

11/30/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Kaganfindel
Only that's not happening.

Only that is what's happening. And banking on the 2-4 herbs per plot you get once a day as some sort of counter to the argument that botters aren't going to be the controlling monopoly on the AH is purely facepalm worthy. Acting like it's going to be enough to replace the volume necessary for professions like jewelcrafting or inscription has me wondering if you've ever even bothered with using your professions for more than just the raid bonus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]