Nelf Mage Speculation

90 Troll Druid
Alright, so I've done some thinking about some problems, other than in-game reasons, that Night Elves are now allowed to be mages again.

In the past, the night elves abandoned arcane magic because they saw how dangerous it was. The use of Arcane magic was drawing the burning legion to Azeroth. they

Now, with the return of night elf mages, there is more arcane magic in the world. And without the focusing iris being in the nexus, which was the focal point of all arcane magic, Azeroth will be more of a beacon to the burning legion.

They have already been to Azeroth three times due largely to the use of arcane magics, and my speculation is that with night elves re-learning arcane magic, we'll become more of a beacon to the Burning Legion, thus setting us up for another encounter with them, and [hopefully] Sargeras.
Edited by Senjinsemila on 11/30/2012 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey, how ya doin'.

No seriously, I think it would be an interesting development on the night elf end. I am just worried they'll forget about the Highborne.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
My bad, guys.
I didn't mean to unleash the kraken.
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Mage
I completely forgot about that restriction when I rolled up this toon! Glad they "Fixed" this. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/30/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Senjinsemila
Azeroth will be more of a beacon to the burning legion.

We weren't already?

They tried twice now haven't they?

Wrathion even tells us some kind of darkness is on it's way to Azeroth.
Edited by Jessebella on 11/30/2012 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/30/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Jessebella
We weren't already?

Note the word: MORE in that sentence.

They tried twice now haven't they?

they have invaded Azeroth 3 times. First during the war of the ancients, then again when Archimonde tried to destroy the world tree, and again after Illidan failed to destroy the Frozen Throne.

Wrathion even tells us some kind of darkness is on it's way to Azeroth.

I'm aware of this. Sargeras is known as "The Dark Titan" and that's part of why I think we're going to be seeing him relatively soon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/30/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Senjinsemila
Note the word: MORE in that sentence.

What's more than 100%?

11/30/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Senjinsemila
I'm aware of this.

Then why did you ask a question you knew the answer for?
Edited by Jessebella on 11/30/2012 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The Burning Legion already knows where we live and hates our guts with a passion. Over use of arcane magic isn't much of a problem anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/30/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Jessebella
Then why did you ask a question you knew the answer for?

I haven't asked a single question in this thread.

11/30/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Farora
The Burning Legion already knows where we live and hates our guts with a passion. Over use of arcane magic isn't much of a problem anymore.

the use of Arcane Magic makes it easier for beings to cross over from the Twisting Nether.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Considering how much the Blood Elves have been practicing arcane magic (the Highborne that were forcibly made to leave, the Night Elf magi now are the ones that stayed and went into hiding) we've been on the Burning Legion's radar. Think of how many human magi are practicing arcane too. A few Night Elves coming out and being accepted aren't going to make us any more visiable than we already are. Besides, they have our home address any way and have our coordinates put into their GPS so they can come at any point they wish too.

That's just my two coppers. :)
Edited by Kaeilthas on 11/30/2012 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
That's a pretty cool explanation for it.

I mean, we already know that the Legion is going to be the villains for the next expac, but that makes more sense.

Personally, I thought they were just going to attack because demons sort of do that thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Considering how much the Blood Elves have been practicing arcane magic (the Highborne that were forcibly made to leave, the Night Elf magi now are the ones that stayed and went into hiding) we've been on the Burning Legion's radar. Think of how many human magi are practicing arcane too. A few Night Elves coming out and being accepted aren't going to make us any more visiable than we already are.

It was my understanding that the Shendralar asked for permission to train new night elf mages. In this era, as it it known to me, the use of Arcane magic no longer changes the physical attributes of Night Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
11/30/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Senjinsemila
I haven't asked a single question in this thread.

The word "speculation" threw me off then.

11/30/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Kaeilthas
A few Night Elves coming out and being accepted aren't going to make us any more visiable than we already are.

If anything, they would have invaded during the Azure dragon debalacle in Northrend.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/30/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Jessebella
The word "speculation" threw me off then.

speculation is not a question. It is a guess. Pretty big difference there.

11/30/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Jessebella
If anything, they would have invaded during the Azure dragon debalacle in Northrend.

Not necessarily. As much of Malygos' energy was put into the Dragon Soul when it was created, along with the power of the other dragon aspects, the minimal use of arcane magic could have possibly gone relatively unnoticed. It was for a short period of time, and then it ended. Think of someone turning on a flashlight a mile away for a few minutes while you walk towards the general direction, and then turning it off again. Try to find them.

Not to mention that in a time-wise view of things, the death of Malygos happened relatively recently, and it takes time for the Burning Legion to amass and traverse the twisting nether to the gateways opened by the use of Arcane Magic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/30/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Senjinsemila
It was my understanding that the Shendralar asked for permission to train new night elf mages. In this era, as it it known to me, the use of Arcane magic no longer changes the physical attributes of Night Elves.

Yes, they did, but they went into hiding and kept on practicing (to my thought process not sure if this was confirmed or not) in order to teach.

Blood Elves changed in appearance not because they used Arcane magic, but because they were shut off from the Well of Eternity and began to be more active during the day. I'm sure since the Sunwell also worked differently than WoE, it probably also helped with this transformation as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/30/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Kaeilthas
Yes, they did, but they went into hiding and kept on practicing (to my thought process not sure if this was confirmed or not) in order to teach.

Yes, they went on practicing but were by and large much fewer in number than they were previously.

11/30/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Kaeilthas
Blood Elves changed in appearance not because they used Arcane magic, but because they were shut off from the Well of Eternity and began to be more active during the day.

I thought we were talking about the highborne, not the blood elves.

Edit: Night elf Mages, not highborne. Whoooops. :P
Edited by Senjinsemila on 11/30/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I thought we were talking about the highborne, not the blood elves.

Edit: Night elf Mages, not highborne. Whoooops. :P

When you were talking about changes in appearance, I thought you meant the Highborne that became the Blood Elves, as they are the only elves I knew of that changed in appearance and were arcane users. :)

On an off note, are the Night elf magi still considered the Highborne? I've always been curious and I can't seem to find anything on it.

11/30/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Senjinsemila
Yes, they went on practicing but were by and large much fewer in number than they were previously.

Then I misunderstood you. Sorry.
Edited by Kaeilthas on 11/30/2012 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
On an off note, are the Night elf magi still considered the Highborne? I've always been curious and I can't seem to find anything on it.

The highborne and the night elf mages are not one and the same, night elven mages in the past were stripped of many physical attributed associated with night elves, but the Highborne were a caste whose strength, skills, etc. far surpassed that of most other night elves. Night Elven mages today are not affected in a physical way by the use of their arcane magic, according to the Warcraft RPG.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Wasn't the RPG made non cannon? Just a question, because other information I found said nothing about Night elves undergoing changes by using arcane, and the only reason why Blood Elves, their descendents do, is because of being cut off from WoE and becoming diurnal instead of nocturnal. This is where I'm getting confused.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Highborne were the aristocrats of pre-sundering night elf society. Most highborne were night elf mages but not all night elf mages are highborne.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]