Elune's Identity?

100 Gnome Priest
So, this just came to me after thinking about the Sha.

An Old God dies. Out comes the Sha.

A Titan dies; Elune!

Although I kinda doubt an official "reveal" of Elune would ever happen, this seems a fitting origin.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Elune has long been confirmed to be a true goddess. The closest that your theory can come to is that either she is a good aligned(or just awesome at manipulation) Old God, or the Sha of Peace.
Or maybe happiness
{◕ ◡ ◕}
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i415/Kyalin_Raintree/BlizzDevMeme1-6.png
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I don't like the idea of Elune being a Naaru or a Titan related entity but her own force in the Universe. Mainly native to Azeroth.

Do I believe she may have had influenced planets like Draenor to.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I don't like the idea of Elune being a Naaru or a Titan related entity but her own force in the Universe. Mainly native to Azeroth.

Too bad. Per Ask Cdev 3, (though mitigated) Elune being a Naaru is a strong possibility.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
11/30/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Kyalin

Too bad. Per Ask Cdev 3, (though mitigated) Elune being a Naaru is a strong possibility.

That blows.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Warcraft Encyclopedia: "One of Azeroth's few full deities, Elune is the goddess of the moon."
Ask CDev 2: "During a recent visit to Darnassus by Velen, he explained that the kaldorei's description of Elune, as well as the demonstrated powers of the goddess, matched his experiences with powerful naaru. He began to offer advice regarding how to commune with powerful naaru, but Tyrande thanked him for his opinion, then cordially requested that he refrain from making such outlandish claims when in Darnassus or in the presence of Elune's priesthood."
Ask CDev 3: "Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration."

Velen the character thinks she's a naaru, but Blizzard the company said she's a goddess. Velen is likely not completely off-base, but Elune can be similar to a naaru in some ways without literally being a naaru.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
the biggest thing to support Elune Being a Naaru is the fact that there is a Sun God who is suppose to be a being similar to Elune that Tauren Paladins get their Power from
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Suspected to be a Naaru but IMO that would be...underwhelming. Please stop and...course I see what is expected in this thread.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Warcraft Encyclopedia: "One of Azeroth's few full deities, Elune is the goddess of the moon."
Ask CDev 2: "During a recent visit to Darnassus by Velen, he explained that the kaldorei's description of Elune, as well as the demonstrated powers of the goddess, matched his experiences with powerful naaru. He began to offer advice regarding how to commune with powerful naaru, but Tyrande thanked him for his opinion, then cordially requested that he refrain from making such outlandish claims when in Darnassus or in the presence of Elune's priesthood."
Ask CDev 3: "Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration."

Velen the character thinks she's a naaru, but Blizzard the company said she's a goddess. Velen is likely not completely off-base, but Elune can be similar to a naaru in some ways without literally being a naaru.

Just going to throw out that it says he likely has considerable evidence. Seeing similarities isn't considerable evidence.

That considerable evidence always gets left out. It's an important bit, because unless Velen just went against his normal grain, he actually has considerable evidence to support him.

After Krasang, or whatever the zone is called, my hopes for Elune being anything but a Naaru are dead.

Night Elves senseing the light as soon as they arrive on the continent, Tyrande getting visions of the light...

So...When Night Elves are revealed to use the Light instead of Elune's power, at least we should have some warning, right?

I'm already envisioning the wonderful posts about how stupid it is for Night Elf fans to be upset.
Edited by Ferlion on 12/3/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Elune is one of the few true deities?

Who else are referred to as deities in Azeroth again?

Elune is an Old God.
Edited by Moogetsu on 12/3/2012 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Just going to throw out that it says he likely has considerable evidence. Seeing similarities isn't considerable evidence.

That considerable evidence always gets left out. It's an important bit, because unless Velen just went against his normal grain, he actually has considerable evidence to support him.

After Krasang, or whatever the zone is called, my hopes for Elune being anything but a Naaru are dead.

Night Elves senseing the light as soon as they arrive on the continent, Tyrande getting visions of the light...

So...When Night Elves are revealed to use the Light instead of Elune's power, at least we should have some warning, right?

I'm already envisioning the wonderful posts about how stupid it is for Night Elf fans to be upset.

Don't get too upset. I won't be one of them unless you guys overboard.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Nah, I think at that point most of the fans will just give up. There would be a big bang, a hot flash, and either a loss of subs from people who just refuse to play after that, or the regular NE fans will vanish from the lore discussions.

Though, I probably shouldn't have said that second one.. It might tempt Blizzard.

On the bright side, the Moonglade forums (Is it moonglade? I think it's moonglade) are going to be a hoot to read.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Velen said Elune is a Naruu...are you doubting Velen you heretic?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
12/03/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

You uhh...You've got a bug or something on your face....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/03/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Ferlion

She's a Horde fan. TRAITOR TO THE ALLIANCE!!!
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

She's a Horde fan. TRAITOR TO THE ALLIANCE!!!

As Ferlion, Guardian of Cenarius, citizen of Darnassus and member of the Cenarion Circle, I hereby declare under the almighty strength of NATURE ITSELF....

I won't get involved.
Edited by Ferlion on 12/3/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/03/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

Well he's not exactly omni-potent.

Didn't even realize his closest aide was a traitor when he tried to flee Argus.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
As Ferlion, Guardian of Cenarius, citezen of Darnassus and member of the Cenarion Circle, I hereby declare under the almighty strength of NATURE ITSELF....

I won't get involved.

Lol
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
As Ferlion, Guardian of Cenarius, citezen of Darnassus and member of the Cenarion Circle, I hereby declare under the almighty strength of NATURE ITSELF....

I won't get involved.

Lol

How the hell did I mispell citizen?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]