Is anyone using Wild Mushrooms: Bloom?

90 Tauren Druid
Personally, I'd like to see WM: Bloom become another cool-down, similar to Tranquility. Here's my idea: Let us set up mushrooms before a boss or during down time. Activating Bloom would create a "fairy ring", a triangular area between the 3 mushrooms. Anyone standing in the ring would receive a heal similar to the way Glyph of Lightspring works for priests. Put on a 3-5min CD this could give us more utility as a raid heal that wouldn't require us to stand still. And putting a restriction on how far apart the 'shrooms could be from one another would prevent this from replacing Tranq, and instead be more favorable for fights when stacking/grouping is required. The fairy ring would be a kind of "safe zone" party members could run to throughout the fight. Like this:
Wild Mushroom: Bloom
3 min cooldown
Creates a Fairy Ring between 3 of your Wild Mushrooms. Every 1 sec the Fairy Ring will attempt to heal up to 3 party or raid members standing within the ring for X over Y sec preferring players with a lower health percentage. At the end of the healing duration the heal will jump to another member standing in the ring. The fairy ring persists for 3 min or until 15 heals are experienced.

This is just an example I was thinking of. What do you guys think?
Edited by Oomooboom on 12/2/2012 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I tried to make use of them, but they aren't both the bar space as far as I've been able to figure. A lot of setup for a little payoff, as you said. Just more effective to use other healing abilities.

I hope I'm missing something. I'd rather use it, but as I understand it now...
Reply Quote
Not in dungeons. The heroic dungeons don't need that much healing anyway.

I'm trying it out in raids. I macroed Bloom and Wild Growth onto one button (with a mod key) so when i'm spamming buttons trying to get everyone healed, the mushrooms just go off automatically.

.... The best I can say is that they do more healing than a kick in the teeth.
Reply Quote
if i happen to go oom and there's still raid damage they come in handy being a free heal. I can see them being used in some situations with predictable spikes but it seems like the reward:effort is so minimal its almost not worth doing. It deifnitely seems like 25 man raids are what it was designed for, In 5 and even 10 mans they don't seem useful enough
Reply Quote
Mostly not...
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
Mushrooms are moderatly useful.

1. They are fairly mana efficient if you hit enough people.
2. Dropping mushrooms is something to do when there's a phase transition or you don't need to do any other healing.
3. Lets you prepare for times of burst healing. Not worth it on fights with constant damage.

Feng the Accursed is made for mushrooms.
Imperial Vizier Zor'lok during force and verve (the melee bubble).
Blade Lord Ta'yak (if you put your backs to a pillar during unsceen strike, otherwise no).
Elegon, when the adds are blowing up, if your raid tends to stack.
Will of the emperor, for the ranged group during titan gas.
Reply Quote
Huntah, sorry but you are wrong.

Using mushrooms is a loss of 3 sec of casting.
You can do anything more useful then expending this 3 seconds on planting mushrooms.

In Feng P2 and P3 you will have low downtime.

In imperial Vizir it will only hit 4 targets, making it weak.

In blade Lord, its the worst thing ever, since the fight is all about movement, and you are never sure where you will be able to stack with precision, and there is always things more useful to do with your GCD's in this fight.

On Elegon, you need to stack alot of rangeds to have 6 guys there in a 10-man, and there is more useful things to do with your GCD's like pre-hotting, or healing tanks, or healing circuit targets...

The fact is, it SUCKS in 10-man because it needs 6+ targets to make it that mana efficient, and it sucks on 25-man because its diminishing returns makes the heal too weak when hitting more them 10 targets.

1- Yes you are right about they being mana efficient if you can hit 6+ targets.

2- This is too situation, needs static stacked fights, and even then it needs 3 gcds for mediocre healing, so you are better pre-hotting. Even if you do have downtime, and that is a rare thing, mushrooms have a max time up so you cant plant them and wait too long to bloom. There is more useful things to do in downtime, like focus potion, then setting mushrooms.

3- No it doesn't help against burst damage. It heals for the same as a nourish if its not healing more them 6 targets, pass that its even less.
The amount healed is so pathetic that it will not help saving anyone life, and are not enough to reduce the number of healing spells needed to top everyone up again.
In the end you will bloom it, and still need the same number of spells to top the raid, making your bloom just a overheal. Doesnt matter if its you or other healers at the raid, WM:B is bound to be just overhealing because its value is so low that its not enough to help complete the heal necessary to top people hp.

It needs MAJOR change to be useful.

Make it cost x4, make each mushroom not stack with each other so that more them 1 mushroom at the same area don't work, increase the healing by 5 times, and make the GCD back to 1.5sec.
This would make it heal for 1.66 times what it heals right now, and only one placement of 1.5sec would be necessary to set the skill. But if you want to invest more GCD's you can place then in other places to heal 2 areas at the same time.

With this we would make the skill non-rotational since the mana efficiency would be bad, but would make it useful against burst aoe damage. And being the only aoe heal that can heal two or three spots at the same time, it would fit our niche of good spreaded fight healers well.

But since GC said we are fine... i lost my hope that it will get any deserved change.
Edited by Sàtàn on 12/2/2012 3:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The only time Blizz listens to anyone is if people cry enough in one single thread that it even makes it onto the most popular threads where people can notice it and Blizz will see it and finally recognize it. Remember that huge rogue thread a long time ago before DS when people said noone plays rogues? And then they got legendarys..

If we made just one thread for everyone to post in about their ideas for mushrooms/why it isn't good in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner and not just random ranting , I'm sure other resto druids will see it and post and everyone can keep posting until it's on the home page for favorite topics and it might actually get noticed. Blizz doesn't tend to check class forums because they know it's filled with random ranting.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
Most of your arguments are ridiculous. If 6+ people are stacked then you should be able to get 200k healing in 1 GCD for the cost of a nourish. Why wouldn't you want to use this?

Mushrooms are free and last 5 min. Most fights have at least some downtime, especially for HoT healers, so drop some mushrooms. A person at 75% HP with rejuv on them isn't usually in danger of dying.

They'll never be a core spell like rejuv or WG, but you'd be pretty silly not to at least precast some mushrooms before the pull.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

They'll never be a core spell like rejuv or WG, but you'd be pretty silly not to at least precast some mushrooms before the pull.

I could agree to this, its true mushrooms need some work as a healing spell to be worth 3 gcd's of putting them down, but I feel like they have some yet to be seen special uses because they can be placed separate from each other, My druid is fresh 90 and not yet ready for lfr, but once he gets there I'm definitely going to be having some fun playing with mushrooms a bit.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter

There is so much damage going on in these fights that throwing down mushrooms will most likely result in someone dying.

You don't put down mushrooms during force and verve. You put them down before (when there's little damage going on) and hit bloom during. That's the whole point of mushrooms.
Edited by Huntah on 12/2/2012 4:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
For Heroic dungeons, WM:B isn't needed. Our current toolkit outside of WM:B is fine in random heroics.

Raiding is where you start to see issues with the spell. Particularly for 25-mans, they don't scale well. I've only been able to use them on 3 encounters in MV (Feng, Gara'jal, and Elegon) and the first boss in HoF so far. The healing they provide for 25's is about 3k per shroom per person. It ends up healing about 2% of raid member health bars total as long as all 3-shrooms hit the same person. The healing it provides is pretty laughable.
Edited by Juvenate on 12/2/2012 7:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Imperial Vizier Zor'lok during force and verve (the melee bubble).
Blade Lord Ta'yak (if you put your backs to a pillar during unsceen strike, otherwise no).

There is soo much damage going on in these fights that throwing down mushrooms will most likely result in someone dying. So no, you are wrong here. On Feng and Elegon, there is some use for them. I tend to use shroom bloom after total annihilation

You're wrong. There's very little damage going on immediately prior to force and verve - Perfectly ideal time to drop shrooms, and if you're rotating healer cooldowns and it's not your turn, you have ample time to drop 3shrooms and bloom, when your WG and SM are on CD.
Blade Lord Ta'yak I generally agree, it's a bad fight for shrooms, except on stack points and the timing has to be perfect for you to bloom them if you're stacking in middle of room (and thus getting blown away)

Still shrooms need significant change because it's just a terribad spell right now.
Edited by Tonydanza on 12/2/2012 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I have been playing around w/ the shrooms a little here and there in 5mans just to see what they can do. I'll drop them, stop healing for a bit to let group health go down and pop them...I've seen very little in the way of their effect. It's a good thing I could quickly HoT up the group back to full health.

It's a flawed spell with little utility. I've healed on a Druid for a long time now and I have to say that this is just rubbish, really. It's a VERY situational thing that seems like it's only useful in pinch situations where mana needs to be guarded or there's not much activity going on.

I have to admit, I think I got more use out of the DAMAGE versions of Wild Mushrooms before they turned into a stinky heal.

I wouldn't mind this feature sticking around in the game. I like the balance version of WM; I'd like to see the resto version be made into something a bit more fruitful.

Oh, PvP...how you do tend to vex great things about this game.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The designers are more concerned with other tasks.

I think, though, that like any good designer, they don't like bad design, and mushrooms are bad design. My hope is they'll get around to it.

It took them a couple years and a countless number of posts before they got around to making lightwell useful, though, so it may be a long while.
Reply Quote

There is soo much damage going on in these fights that throwing down mushrooms will most likely result in someone dying. So no, you are wrong here. On Feng and Elegon, there is some use for them. I tend to use shroom bloom after total annihilation

You're wrong. There's very little damage going on immediately prior to force and verve - Perfectly ideal time to drop shrooms, and if you're rotating healer cooldowns and it's not your turn, you have ample time to drop 3shrooms and bloom, when your WG and SM are on CD.
Blade Lord Ta'yak I generally agree, it's a bad fight for shrooms, except on stack points and the timing has to be perfect for you to bloom them if you're stacking in middle of room (and thus getting blown away)

Still shrooms need significant change because it's just a terribad spell right now.

Seriously, stop using only your own experience to force people to accept what you are saying.
Look at top logs from druids, go watch top raiding druids, you will see none or almost none use of WM:B because it heals for so little for each target that it will not save anyone's life, and will result only in overhealing because its not enough to help complete the HP of each raid member, resulting in the same number of necessary heals.

Seriously its worthless.
A 200k healing when hitting 10 targets is only 20k on each target... its pathetic.
Compare to the healed amount of other healers Aoe Heals, and the time to cast then and you will understand what im talking about.
Its better for you to pre-hot them then to put mushrooms down seriously.

Its not extra 200k healing for good mana. Its a good spell to show numbers on recount for low mana, but that will end saving no one, and only ending as overheal to your hots and other healers aoe spells.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I use them pre-emptively during fights.
They're great for mana conservation and a teeny burst heal.
i.e. feng before stacking during any phase, they work out nicely with the shockwave ability that one of the spirit kings has, pre-emptively on the 1st boss of HoF before force and verve....they're very useful if you just figure out the right times to place them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]