Cross realm zones and rare pets.

82 Dwarf Hunter
Does anyone else have issues with cross realm and rare pets? I've been searching for a few rare pets now but can never seem to find or get to them first due to the fact that there is now a lot more compitetion than just my normal server.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Yep. Lucky for me I had all the rares before this horrible idea was implemented. Its simple economics. If you increase the traffic but dont increase the resources the area will have a lot of starved people. If that was their intent, it worked, but all theyve done is piss a lot of players off.

Usuually on my random patrol of Time Lost Drake, I would run into Skoll, just sitting there waiting to be tamed. Since this expansion was released Ive YET to see him, not even a corpse.
Edited by Raygar on 12/2/2012 4:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I've fortunately been lucky with the rares.

First time when Sunwing spawned, a hunter from my realm got him. Came back about 12 hours later and he spawned in like 10 minutes of waiting and I got him.

There was no one in Tirisfal when I tamed Nighthowl. Same for Eastern Plaguelands with Snort.

Quall, I was the only hunter there. But accidentally hit Murder of Crows instead of Tame Beast. *cries* But he spawned an hour later.

Acroniss was a pain. Each time I went there, there were about 3 other hunters there. So I left. Came back the next day. Was waiting about 30 minutes and two other hunters came, so I left again. Yesterday night I was determined to get him. I was the only one there at first. There were a few occasional lvl 50s questing, but he didn't spawn. Then a hunter came then left after 15 minutes.

Then two horde hunters and their shaman buddy were standing on top of me. Placing fire and snake traps down where Acroniss spawns. Taunting me to attack them. But I ignored them and hoped it didn't spawn. About 10 minutes later they left.

Then another hunter came, waiting for about 5 minutes, then logged off. Finally around 7:30 server, a low level horde was questing. He was in the middle of killing Vyral the Vile when my NpcScan went off. I started taming him and hoped that the horde didn't turn around and kill it.

He didn't and I /thanked and /cheered at him for not being mean. Oh, I love my new serpent so much. Lol.

It took me about 3 hours of waiting until he finally spawned. I'm guessing I was just extremely lucky for taming the pets that I did get.
Edited by Nyrikah on 12/2/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I found loque'nahak last night but he was dead, asked around and it was from someone on another server he apologized but yeah. and this morning I see him again doing a patrol for him but another hunter from another server tamed him first. On my realm im almost always the only one in shol' but its flooded with people from other servers which is quite frustrating. especially since ive seen him twice in less than a 12 hour period and each time I was just moments too slow. maybe they increased the spawn timer?
Edited by Rafari on 12/2/2012 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Rafari
I found loque'nahak last night but he was dead, asked around and it was from someone on another server he apologized but yeah. and this morning I see him again doing a patrol for him but another hunter from another server tamed him first. On my realm im almost always the only one in shol' but its flooded with people from other servers which is quite frustrating. especially since ive seen him twice in less than a 12 hour period and each time I was just moments too slow. maybe they increased the spawn timer?

EXACTLY. I mean, you cant trade with the crp's. One poor sod asked me for repair money so I tried to give him 10g ( just in case he was hustling ), trade didnt work. I dont understand the purpose of all the people that like this feature.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
i havent seen a single one since CRZ. not even a dead one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I just recently got Sambas and Terrorpene after a few days camping them.

I really dislike the CRZ though because it does not actually say who is in the zone when you try and find out through the /who system. I like to check if I am the only hunter in a zone to see how heavily camped a rare might be. When using the /who system it will only show the people from your server in the zone and will not show the people in the zone via CRZ, I lost Sambas a few times due to that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
CRZ and the rare hunter pets are finally going to be the straw that broke the camel's back for me... getting me to end my subscription after 6 years. I'm just OVER it. Bad enough to have to compete for these rares on my server (Area 52 which is one of the highest pop) and now we have a ton of OTHER toons from other servers all griefing each other and waiting for Acroniss to spawn. It dies everytime as another hunter kills it so no one can tame. I'm just over it.. and this game.

Update: Acroniss dead again. Just killed AGAIN while I was taming it by Rileylio from Fizzcrank server. I had literally a half a second left on my tame. YAY for the griefing and yay for Blizz and cross servers!! What a way to lose MORE subscribers!! =D

Update: Moonraye from Dalaran server just killed it again while I was taming. Blizz needs to do something about the griefing as it's OUT OF CONTROL. I'm ready to cancel my subscription.
Edited by Shotsy on 12/4/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Leveled my hunter in October.

I haven't spent a lot of time looking for rare pets (I check daily, but don't camp). However, I haven't seen any spirit beasts of any sort.
Edited by Melhunt on 12/4/2012 12:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Cross realms does make it harder, but best to check in the horrible wee hours of the morning. I'm lucky (in this regard, unlucky in other regards) enough to play in a timezone where I can only be on between server time 1:00am to 4:00am.

You will be suprised how often and easy it is, even in Cross realms to pick up a rare during this time slot.

But I understand for a lot of people, this would mean waking up through the night to search for a rare :(

Don't give up. You will eventually be the lucky one. What a great feeling it is when you are :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Cross realms does make it harder, but best to check in the horrible wee hours of the morning. I'm lucky (in this regard, unlucky in other regards) enough to play in a timezone where I can only be on between server time 1:00am to 4:00am.

You will be suprised how often and easy it is, even in Cross realms to pick up a rare during this time slot.

But I understand for a lot of people, this would mean waking up through the night to search for a rare :(

Don't give up. You will eventually be the lucky one. What a great feeling it is when you are :)

I'm always up at the wee hours.. doesn't help the griefers in the game.. they are up also.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Nyrikah
Acroniss was a pain.

I skipped Acroniss and chose Spirit of the North. He can be a pain to tame since he doesn't get close enough to capture from a standing position, but a quick macro and a short drop later, he was mine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Do you expect rares to be easy to find? They have rare in there name for a reason.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I have a few rares, ive deleted a couple to make room for new stuff, but you just have to fly out and look a couple times while your playing, yea its annoying to "hunt" but we are hunters and i think that CRZ are just another way to keep rares....."RARE"
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
12/02/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Stosse
Does anyone else have issues with cross realm and rare pets? I've been searching for a few rare pets now but can never seem to find or get to them first due to the fact that there is now a lot more compitetion than just my normal server.

Hi to all Great Hunters!

Very glad to see some Hunter getting lucky with rare pet capture! But for the every day normal "busy time" players we need some kind of fix for this.

Due to the Realms all being connected the chances of taming a rare Spirit beast have dropped dramatically!
Before, if you were patient and camped the main spawning spot of a Spirit beast your chances were about 6 out of 10. However, due to the "gift" of cross realms those odds have now dropped to .005 chances out of 10.

Needless to say this is ridiculous and we as Hunters should be partitioning Blizzard to fix this! Many hunter I talk to say that they don't even waste their time trying to get a Spirit beast anymore. The key word here is Time. They don't want to spend their paid for game time, day after day after day trying to get a Spirit beast when the odds are so very very low!

So, either Blizzard should take out the specialized rare and normal rare Spirit beasts or make it so's that only characters from the realm they are on can tame any beasts on that realm!

Come on, Blizzard it was hard enough to get these beast before and now it is almost impossible and is causing many Beast Master hunters to change their spec or make other characters that are not hunters.

Feel free to reply if you have a view on this subject.

Please fix this Blizzard!

Thanks.
Edited by Kalixr on 11/6/2014 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]