Macro Confusion @.@

Hey, I'm new with Macros and I've been wanting to make a macro and I'm a Fire Mage that would cast Living Bomb, Inferno Blast, Combusion, Inferno Blast (In that order) with just one button, I tried doing /castsequence Living Bomb, etc, etc. but it would only cast one or two spells. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
A cast sequence requires one click per spell in the sequence.

There is no way to cast all of those with one click.
Reply Quote
How can I make that macro then? What is the command?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
12/02/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Tseerah
There is no way to cast all of those with one click.

Your answer. Just make a /castsequence and keep clicking that macro untill you reach the end, then repeat.

-ZeRoD.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Short answer: No

Long answer: Don't macro that. Even as a castsequence it will result in failure. As a fire mage you're primarily casting five spells: Living Bomb, Inferno Blast, Combustion, Pyroblast and Fireball. The cooldowns of Inferno Blast and Combustion do not line up. The duration of Living Bomb and the cooldown of Inferno Blast do not line up either. A castsequence of those abilities would result in a huge loss in dps.

I would suggest you take advantage of modifier macros. You can easily put the core fire abilities on 3 buttons.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] Combustion; Pyroblast

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] Flamestrike; Fireball

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] Living Bomb; Inferno Blast

You should be able to put those macros into action buttons 2-4 and use your thumb to toggle the Left Alt key. You may not like it at first, but modifier keys are important for getting all your abilities onto your action bar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]