Reconfiguring Game Files Stuck

85 Human Paladin
I am trying to update WoW so that I can use the trial you emailed me about for MoP. When I click the launcher it starts updating game files then says it needs to reconfigure my files. Once this starts, it freezes and does nothing. 1st time I did it it got stuck at 3.3% for over an hour, and the second time it froze at 0.6% and its been over 25 mins now.

How can I get this fixed? Id like to try the expansion.
Edited by Palimius on 12/3/2012 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Palimius

Try this:

1. Make sure that Windows is set to show hidden files.

Here's how to do that: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

2. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData folder and delete the Battle.net folder.
3. Navigate to the WoW folder and delete the "Updates" folder.
4. Launch WoW.

Let me know what happens.
85 Human Paladin
Still not working...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It is now giving a message after a few minutes saying failed to download update. Check internet connection.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Palimius

1. What security programs do you have installed?

2. Check that Windows Secondary Logon is enabled. Here's a link that will help with that: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/enabling-windows-secondary-logon-service?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
85 Human Paladin
Ok, I did the Windows Secondary Login step, still no change. The security I use is Windows Firewall and Norton 360. I used both of these in Cataclysm with no problems on this same PC.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Palimius

Have you tried disabling Norton to see if there is any difference?
85 Human Paladin
I have disabled Norton and Windows Firewall and still freezing at 1% then giving the "check internet" error. I obviously have internet.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Palimius

Some proxy settings may interfere with a download or with connecting to the game. Please open up Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" then "Internet Options". Now go to the "Connections" tab and click on the button that says "LAN settings". Make sure that "Automatically detect settings" is checked, and that you are not using a proxy server. Click "OK."

Then test to see if this helped. Let me know what happens.
85 Human Paladin
All of that is fine. I guess this is just too much of a hassle to try MoP. Thanks for all your help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Palimius

Sometimes it's best to just uninstall and reinstall using the online client instead of trying to do the optimization process.

Here's a link to a support article with steps on uninstalling and reinstalling: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/uninstall-reinstall-instructions-for-patching-issues?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
85 Human Paladin
Hmm, ok, Ill give that a try today.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]