How about putting PvP first! PvE is easy!

86 Pandaren Monk
12/04/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Tracïy
That's because around 1% of the wow population plays arena. Maybe at most 10% plays BGs/RatedBGs. That leaves 90% of the population that likes to PVE, that's why
Your off by 100% it's 60%(pvp) to 40%(pve), not very many people have the time to grind for gear in pve when in pvp it might take 2 weeks
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Monk
are you for real?

how many people play casually and do random heroics and dailies and farm transmog and LFR, compared to people who do arena? PVE doesn't necessarily mean grinding progression raids, you know... you're delusional if you think more people participate in PVP in this game

True pve means raid and heroics, and so what your'e telling is that all pve players just look at pvp and never do it? No, most players do a little of both, but because pvp is fast to get gear for more people do it. Pvp is not just areas; areas are just the most balance part of pvp.
Edited by Digtldrip on 12/5/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I love pvp for what it is, A side dish of fried Onions to go with my Steak & Potatoes.
Reply Quote
95 Human Hunter
There is a lot more PvP'rs to PvE'rs. Look at the queue time for dungeons compared to bg's. PvP has a 2 min queue. Wait your gonna say " well we have to wait on tanks." ok fair enough. However if you look at healer's who have a pretty quick queue time. Compared to the PvP aspect
I will see 6-8 healers per 20 players in bg's. If PvE was so dominating in the game. Why do they attempt so much to appease the PvP'rs? ToB, Wintergrasp, new bg's, new arena's, and even the new brawler's guild. Is PvE but based on a PvP, 1v1 fight!

Just because the game was intended to be PvE doesn't really mean anything. Point : The Titanic was intended to be a unsinkable ship! Many times intentions don't equate to the outcome. That's just reality setting in.

If you want a balanced game your gonna have to put PvP first! The game should be a challenge not easy mode. Easy is Sunday morning. Easy is hitting a button to turn the tv. I don't want that! I want a challenge!!!!!
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
12/04/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Lavarash
You mean like barely using your brain to do something you did last week at the same time DBM tells you to, lol

This.

Raiding is simple as long as you have tanks with an IQ over 60

I mean the fact is it is the SAME thing every week. Nothing changes, nothing gets harder. That's why people like it. It's false sense of accomplishment. How many raiders do you think could switch to arenas and beat 2200+ players? Probably none. How many hardcore pvp'er do you think would have a hard time gearing up and raiding? Probably none.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/04/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Lavarash
but there is a lot more to raiding than what you list.

You mean like barely using your brain to do something you did last week at the same time DBM tells you to, lol. The Point is PvE is fair and balanced right now, incredibly more than PvP, so they need to focus on fixing PvP since Pve is already fine where its at. Don't get butthurt cause we actually have to think about things in PvP where you just have to do the same mindless robotic motions week after week in PvE /lol

You're an idiot, plain and simple.

Yeah, farming is easy. Progression isn't the same.

You VASTLY oversimplify raid roles, you insult a much larger portion of the player base than yours, and you do it stupidly.

I would LOVE pvp to be better balanced, the solution is not to "put pvp first" though. PVE is not easy when you're progressing. Fighting a new team in arena isn't easy, but when you've figured out how to beat them, and can execute the strategy, it's not so hard is it?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They balance PvE to balance a small % of people doing Heroic content (Hardcore guilds).

They don't balance PvP because there's a small % doing arenas.

They would rather balance PvE for a small number of hardcore raiders than balance a higher population of people doing PvP.

Casuals don't even bother with PvE balance stuff, they enjoy the game, they play what they want you can still enjoy PvE while using the worse DPS spec yet PvE gets the Devs attention.

You cannot enjoy PvP as casual when all you do is to sit in Fear/Stun/Silence and then dying in less than 2 Gbcs.

Also from personal experience I do both PvE and PvP, PvE is all about gearing and itemization, learning your rotation and don't screw up, it's easier but it takes a lot of time, you have to raid a lot, but you can master the PvE encounter and eventually overgear it.

PvP takes by far less time than PvE but it is harder, there's no standard encounter, all you can do is predict your enemies and try to counter them, thing is that you can't actually predict anything anymore, you can avoid a fear just to be silenced or stunned, you could trinket X spell just to sit on a random CC again.

PvP right now is Chaos, either you're CC'd or you're dead.

I think the Devs should take a closer look at PvP situation, it is in a pretty bad shape right now, you can't even do normal BGs because there are so many bots, you can't do any premades other than 5 mans because they nerfed Oq and other useful addons, there are still a few overtuned classes that can kill you in less than 3 seconds, casuals aren't enjoying PvP anymore, and hardcore players are just doing what they do, FOTM classes until they get nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

You're an idiot, plain and simple.

Yeah, farming is easy. Progression isn't the same.

You VASTLY oversimplify raid roles, you insult a much larger portion of the player base than yours, and you do it stupidly.

I would LOVE pvp to be better balanced, the solution is not to "put pvp first" though. PVE is not easy when you're progressing. Fighting a new team in arena isn't easy, but when you've figured out how to beat them, and can execute the strategy, it's not so hard is it?

i guarantee none of these people saying PVE is piss-easy have ever done heroic rag, HLK, or yogg0 pre-nerf.

is high-end PVP more difficult than PVE? absolutely. is high-end PVE difficult in its own way? also absolutely. a big part of it is its dependency on 9/24 people other than yourself, but heroic PVE encounters have their own quirks and RNG mechanics that can take hundreds of tries to defeat.

there are gladiators and other high rated PVPers in some of the world's top raiding guilds, and i'm sure they'd agree that competitive PVE is difficult. just in a different way from PVP.

Right, this is my point. Raiding isn't just "ooh do the dance and profit" that a lot of people in this thread are making it out to be. It's an execution game, it's like figure skating with 10-25 people, everyone has to be perfect, expecially if you don't over-gear an encounter. One, tiny, mistake, especially from a tank or healers, can cause a wipe.

The whole "pve is easy, go slay dragons while I do hard stuff," mindset doesn't help anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Honestly this is just a troll thread that has nothing to do with PvP balance (which the VP of Blizz already stated was impossible) and everything to do with trying to incite PvE players to come and emotionally defend raiding which is the OP's goal as suggested by the trollish title.

In humoring this, I will say that it really impossible to understand the challenge of high end progression unless you have been in that sort of situation personally. I imagine that a PvPer could watch video of heroic rag and other by paragon and watch the flawless execution and say "I can do that. That's easy." However in reality they don't understand all the personal effort that goes into being accepted into an elite 25 man raid team, the long and tiring hours of wipes it entails, the tireless and presistent class research and simulations that are preformed. Not to mention the social stress that accompany 25 people in a difficult situation as well as the high level of communication requires. Unless you have the achievements yourself you really don't understand. Most of you are drawing your conclusions I gather from LFR, heroic dungeons, and post-nerf raids. However unless you have done pre-nerf heroic raiding with sub-optimal gear you really don't understand.

I say this not a knock a PvP. There are extensive reasons why WoW PvP (or possibly any MMORPG PvP) will ever be balanced, but the dedication of those at the very top is no less extraordinary despite the state of the game. It's not because PvP is an lesser that it is secondary but rather because it isn't feasible to balance it within the confines of WoW. However I do believe that Blizzard should look into creating a similar PvP focused non-RPG game from the Warcraft universe in the future.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

There's a reason why League of Legends is more played than WoW since 2011.

Because it's free to play maybe? DURRRRRRR!!!!

Eeeer, WRONG?

Free games have bad reputation, this is not the reason.

The game is free, but people pay money for that. For skins. And play a lot.

LoL is competitive and balanced... wow isn't... LoL is growing. WoW isn't. Think about it
Reply Quote
95 Human Hunter
I use to PvE all the time. It got old real fast. Same content every week. Yes, I did heroic level also. Same thing it's hard till your gear can compensate. Yes the boss might have a quicker this or that. The boss will throw more adds at you or what not. But known of that matters to the reason why they can't put PvP first. The only reason so far is that PvE has to come first. Is the sense of entitlement PvE First.

Everyone here has agreed that there needs to be more of balance. I don't care what a VP has said that it can't be done. THEY NEVER TRIED! Look at how many games have a better balance of PvP than WoW does. If Devs would get over this no we can't and actually try. I bet they and we would be surprised of what they can do.

You like PvE cool! You like PvP cool! It's your money, you spend it as you see fit! You are acting like we want to do away with PvE. Far from it! Most of us don't want you to PvP in the first place. It's a different mind set that some can not handle. I'm not trying to be mean. Just stating a fact. I can't dunk a basketball. So I'm not gonna cry to the NBA about lowering the rim. PvP'rs only want one thing BALANCE. We will fight anywhere. Makes no difference to us.

You want your dungeons and raids. You have them! We are not looking to take that away! We are looking for BALANCE!. The could easily set the talent system for this. Pick between Survivability, maneuverability, or damage. The problem is most classes have it all ready built in. More so than others.

You could have a billion raids and dungeons. That's what PvE is right? So what difference does it make if you put PvP first?
Reply Quote
95 Human Hunter
Also I would like to add that someone said its all about. It is! Go look about how many threads there is about loot! Come on you can't be serious! We want balance and you want loot!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]