Another surprise nerf for Mistweavers

90 Blood Elf Monk
Im here to spread my opinion (and majority of mist weavers) about these nerfs.

Its not L2P issue anymore.

Blizzard tested for weeks mist weaver nerfs on PTR, and when everything was already a BIG nerf a REAL nerf on our net healing, they added a surprise nerf on Enveloping Mist.

They said ok we will nerf aoe healing in 25% but we will make you guys stronger on single target (yeeeey)

and BANG nerf to Enveloping Mist by 32% (yeah our 4 piece set t14 increase Enveloping Mist heal by 5%... yeah nice set to have now, only 27% nerf is cool...yeah...its easy to get 4 pieces so...very nice)

So our net healing dropped considerable but at least our mana wasn't a problem with mana tea change and soothing mist generating more chi, so ok lets face our AoE heal isn't OP anymore but at least we can work even harder to achiv what other healing class can.

Now they come and another Surprise Nerf on mana, 30% increased mana... and 5% nerf on chi generation from soothing mist)

Now, we can't aoe heal well... we can't single target healing well (because of chi generation yeah our single target heal is chi depends and also got nerved by 32%) and we have big mana issues 30% mana increased on spells and our chi (what help us to generate mana) is slower to generate.

So what should we do now? Why someone would want a Mistweaver on the raid?

AoE heal - we are screwed now on aoe healing
Single target heal - no we still six at single target, its randomly effective since we need chi to cast it, and it overtime also, so no raid would want to depend on a mist weaver as tank heal
Raid cooldown - we just have revival the worst of all class cool down, and just one... yeah just one, any other class have at least 2 really strong cool downs raid wide, we have just 1 and its weak

So cmon blizzard its a joke right? I won't even speak in PVP, Mistweaver is unplayable on PVP....so why don't u guys just mist weaver spec? Give us a Juicemaster spec, a class that can make delicious juice for entire raid, that apply some buff like 1000 mana regen to entire raid, or give 2000 attack power to melee dpser or 10000 armor to tank just it, don't have any other single spell or skill just like 4-5 types of delicious drinks, it will be more useful than what mist weavers are becoming. (yeah its a joke before someone start saying any !@#$)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Merriam-Webster cries at this abomination.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
since you speak for the "majority of mistweavers" if I may ask...

What is your poll taking technique?

was there a union meeting or something? Did all the mistweavers get together and have a sitdown to discuss this?

curious minds want to know.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can't help to think that posts like this saying Blizzard went too far are really players with l2p issues.

I'd personally would only listen to players like Mist when comes to issues with MWs.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Mithoniel
we just have revival the worst of all class cool down

It beats Tranq, DH, and HTT in total healing done, and it does all its healing in a single GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If Blizzard keeps it up you'll be halfway to becoming a Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/04/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Anarri
we just have revival the worst of all class cool down

It beats Tranq, DH, and HTT in total healing done, and it does all its healing in a single GCD.

It also clears all status debuffs and has no target limit...

Seems pretty good to me...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I do actually think some of the changes are getting a bit ridiculous, and have been trying not to cry since I haven't used up all of my Tier12 Shaman tears so far (they are delicious for brining turkey).

I can understand nerfing ReM (and through it Uplift), but why make our single target healing so prohibitively expensive as well? ALL of it, especially when our one real redeeming factor of our single target healing was the burst, and we did not use it overly much in raids to begin with?

Was EM overpowered to the turn of a 25%(?) ish healing nerf? Surging Mist, which we barely used pre-patch due to the cost, is even more expensive? How about the (very stupid) fact that Glyphed Uplift now costs less mana than Jab x 2? That if you are at near/full Chi, you best single target healing option is Healing Sphere?

I think the OP hurts to look at too, but not everyone is capable of properly articulating their thoughts well (I still have trouble too). it's not even about HPS or progression to me (clearly) at this point. I literally do not understand what they had in mind with the kneejerk blanket mana cost hotfix. We had absolutely no time to test it and were looking balanced (HPS-wise) on the PTR prior.

What the hell, Blizzard? Random kneejerk "bonus" nerfs/hotfixes, are NEVER a good idea, especially when no real testing has been done, and that's exactly what happened. I'm glad they you all are finally tweeting about it, mentioning you "may have went too far", cause you did.
Reply Quote
EM was pretty rediculous on my mistweaver, was a ton of overhealing on its own + the fact it was so powerful meant continuing to channel soothing mists on the target was most likely overheal as well. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be more of a staple than it was in many toolbelts.

Welcome to the rollercoaster of being a completely new class. DKs in Wrath say "hi" LoL.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
12/04/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Ilovenature

It also clears all status debuffs and has no target limit...

Seems pretty good to me...

It's very good, i love revival. But OP's point is that's all we bring. We're basically bad resto druids now. We bring one mediocre raid cooldown and bad healing... so we are completely useless compared to other options. If i were to lead a raid i would not have a single monk in the raid. I would have 2 prot paladins, a holy paladin, resto shaman, and disc prist... Then i would have 5 affliction warlocks. That is the state of PvE right now
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
EM was pretty rediculous on my mistweaver, was a ton of overhealing on its own + the fact it was so powerful meant continuing to channel soothing mists on the target was most likely overheal as well. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be more of a staple than it was in many toolbelts.

Welcome to the rollercoaster of being a completely new class. DKs in Wrath say "hi" LoL.

Eh, getting 3 Chi on demand to use it wasn't really easy or reliable if you were just using Soothing (the only single target we had at range that was sustainable). It should be worth using for 3 Chi, that's an Uplift and change we are talking about trading it for, or 30 talents.

I don't mind being a "rollercoaster" class while they figure things out, and people talking about rerolling after a week have me rolling my eyes (lol), but they should expect negative feedback when they do really stupid (to me) things like this with no rhyme or reason. I've never been shy about stuff like that.
Reply Quote
EM was pretty ridiculous on my mist weaver, was a ton of over healing on its own + the fact it was so powerful meant continuing to channel soothing mists on the target was most likely over heal as well. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be more of a staple than it was in many tool belts.

Welcome to the roller coaster of being a completely new class. DKs in Wrath say "hi" LoL.

DKs in wrath were at least OP. in PVE MW did need a little nerf. The problem is in PVP we were lacking and with all the nerfs we are in an uphill battle now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Posted by Velvetremedy

I can't help to think that posts like this saying Blizzard went too far are really players with l2p issues.

I'd personally would only listen to players like Mist when comes to issues with MWs.

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about then right?

Posted by Mist 12/03/12

So.... Last night I.. I mean I did it? I was able to compete with other healers on everything but Lei Shi (Which is because I told our druids not to use roar a million times so NOW I need to make a cancelaura roar macro in case I want to use chi torpedo ever again.)

But holy !@#$. My mana. I was forced to go back to stacking spirit as much as possible because it was literally just too much for my mana pool. SCK was just too scary to use most of the time. I mean, I USED it, but I didn't like it one bit.

I'll still be able to make it work, but I'm just.. not sure where Blizzard is trying to go with this class.

Posted by Mist

But to be completely serious for a moment, there needs to be a very, very serious conversation between players and developers at some point really soon. I'm still collecting my notes but I've got finals all week this week so I can't write anything until next week.

Posts will have to remain small.

EDIT:Last quote was from the "And Mistweavers get the kick (Part 2!)" thread Where Mist has something important to say about this mess but has decided to put it off till his or her finals are over.

I wasn't making claims that I know better about anything (though I do know how to play this spec). My point was, people shouldn't take a QQ post like this one as fact.

That, if I want to find out how the spec handles in a raid, I look to people like Mist who is a progression raider and doing HM content.

Some of what Mist said contradicts the OP, so who should I listen too?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
12/04/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Anarri

Only does more healing in 10man. Does significantly less in 25.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That, if I want to find out how the spec handles in a raid, I look to people like Mist who is a progression raider and doing HM content.

Some of what Mist said contradicts the OP, so who should I listen too?

You need to understand that healing comp is everything to mistweavers now if you are runnin with a disc priest or holy pally as you second 3rd healers your out put is gonna be terrible if you running with another pure throughput class minus resto shamans then you will do better hps then them about 90% of the time. But that is unacceptable when we bring terrible raid CD's and about the same throughput. Right now with the state of mistweaver is that there are better healers you can bring into raid then a mistweaver.

basically don't rely on one poster he may not have the best healing comp.
Edited by Dizzchi on 12/4/2012 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Dizzchi just wants to be Affinichi.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/04/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Mist
Dizzchi just wants to be Affinichi.

?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
-Chi.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]