Another surprise nerf for Mistweavers

90 Pandaren Monk
had that saved long before him lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I wasn't making claims that I know better about anything (though I do know how to play this spec). My point was, people shouldn't take a QQ post like this one as fact.

That, if I want to find out how the spec handles in a raid, I look to people like Mist who is a progression raider and doing HM content.

Some of what Mist said contradicts the OP, so who should I listen too?

Listen to your own experience first, other people second. In that other thread Mist said he posted something then deleted it, Said once he got all his numbers together he was going to present it. So I expect something more on the line of fact to be on it's way sometime soon.

And I do, my 5man experience contradicts the OP's opinion, but I'm not going to discredit him based on that alone. So, I look for informed opinions like Mist's. I look forward to her post on MWs. :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
YEAH BUT HE'S MORE POPULAR THEREFORE YOU ARE A COPYCAT.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Fun fact. I had a big like.. million paragraph post typed up before I went take my final this morning. Came home, power had gone out and I hadn't saved it due to not sleeping last night.

So.. it's gonna be a while.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Fun fact. I had a big like.. million paragraph post typed up before I went take my final this morning. Came home, power had gone out and I hadn't saved it due to not sleeping last night.

Well, get to work. Slacker!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

so bad mist so bad
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Sorry to hear that. :< but I do look forward to reading it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

Too busy tanking Amber-Shaper.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Mist

Too busy tanking Amber-Shaper.

Obv you need a shield.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
And now it's dead so too busy learning Empress. >>
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
12/04/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Mist
And now it's dead so too busy learning Empress.

Didn't want this post to get in the way of the good discussion that I hope comes from your eloquent thread you posted a few minutes ago, so I'm saying it here.

Thank you for putting so much thought and work into expressing clearly and completely your assessment of the state of mistweavers. My guild has not been able to really raid since the hotfix (we started to on garalon yesterday, but a number of things got in the way of a successful raid night, including this nerf and my frustration trying to relearn what to do), and so I don't have the concrete things to say that you do in the thread. Hopefully I will tomorrow.

But your well-thought-out explanation of where we stand on mechanics mirrors what I've been thinking, and I wanted to give you a big thumbs-up for representing us so well. I agree wholeheartedly with just about everything you said in your post. I'll be engaging in the discussion over there once I've had a chance to successfully engage in a good raid night myself.

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to this discussion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You all deserved it
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Skryt... just go away.

You are in multiple threads blasting Monks for being as OP as you currently are right now. You're actually more OP than Monks were (outside of no cap Zen Sphere).

You are in other threads whining that Holy AOE healing is too strong.

lol
lol
lol
lol

Can we collectively laugh this guy out of threads yet?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Skryt
You all deserved it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvwVoLtqVI

Also, if you want to post in this forum and be taken seriously, don't be a jerk.

Just don't do it.
Edited by Tiriél on 12/4/2012 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have played this toon sence bata and I LOVE IT more so then any other class in 8 years. In raids I was dpsing to heal. Sometimes as ranged with jade and a rushing jade wind and spin kick for aoe heals. Other times I would mele it up with blackout kick and jabs and expel harm. Sometimes a few casts on low players or tank. I WAS A DPS HEALER!! Just like they said I would be. Now with the HOT FIX!! You changed my whole class with a hot fix. I now casts heals non stop a Soothing mist then EM on tank a hot and back agin. Iam not doing any dps at all. Why one may ask? I cant if I mele I go OOM befor 25% into the fight. If I caster dps I go OOM 35% into the fight. I didnt sigh up for or gear and test a toon that was going to be just like everyother healer. Iam some durid/shadowpriest thing!! If dps was the problem as far as our dps in numbers that we could beat a really really bad dps fine. Nerf the dps but dont make it so I cant dps to heal. I dont care if my dps gets nerfed to 75% of what it is. I just wanted to be a battle sage type class like we were. I cant beleave you do this kind of change in a hot fix!!?? I dont get it. I have never seen you change a class that much in a hot fix. I should have known somehing was up when healers lost pvp power for dps. More so for monks. I mean why take our dps buff away for pvp. Like we could kill a guy with the buff we had befor!!?? Please respond to me in some way. I am allready on a server that Iam outnubed 9 to 1 doing dailys with no hope in sight on a pvp server. Iam kind of at my witts end and I loved this expasion more then any in the past. Please give a dog a bone with some kind of response. Thank you. Sighed a monk that wants to Punch agin.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/04/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Anarri
we just have revival the worst of all class cool down

It beats Tranq, DH, and HTT in total healing done, and it does all its healing in a single GCD.

Yea, but much of the healing tends to be wasted overhealing, as the mechanics merit us using it on the lowest person in the raid.. It is a good CD, since it is instant.. but totally underwhelming, and doesnt feel near as powerful as HTT to me..
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Mist
Only does more healing in 10man. Does significantly less in 25.

It scales the same as the other three CDs I listed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Anarri
Only does more healing in 10man. Does significantly less in 25.

It scales the same as the other three CDs I listed.

Actually, all of the CDs you listed are vastly better in 25 mans, since they are a set amount of targets, so they always give strong heals to people who need them. Ours, meanwhile, hits everyone, regardless of who needs it, so it reduces the healing done by a very large amount. In 25 mans, we're lucky if it breaks 30k heals, and often it only effectively heals a few people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Existing monks make me sad panda :(

On a more serious note, I plan to do a rather lengthy writeup/video in the near future on what I feel the situation is, I just need to get around to not being lazy and do it :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mistweaver are not good right now, they took a OP class hit it with a nerf semi and now its hardly a class most groups would want in raid. It doesn't matter what your healing setup is they are not good right now. I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix what blizzard did but all you have to do is look at WoL parses to see how bad the drop off is. I immediately after the hotfix switched to my Holy pally and I'm sure im not the only one that has switched after such a over the top nerf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]