Living Steel Belt Buckle?

90 Human Mage
If a waist piece already has a single gem socket, can one add this item to give it 2 gem slots? And how does the socket bonus work... does this item HAVE one, or does it go by the original gem socket?

I have been eyeing the Klaxxi Lash of the Orator belt which comes with a socket. I saw another toon and got nosy to check out his gear. He had it but it had 2 gems mounted in it, but he split too fast for me to really look closer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, if you put a belt buckle on your belt, it adds a prismatic socket to the belt. IE, you can put any gem you wish in this extra socket, it doesn't count towards your socket bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If you use a belt buckle on a belt it adds a socket, and the socket bonus goes off the original socket that was on the gear prior to adding the belt buckle.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/21/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Brightbrown
If a waist piece already has a single gem socket, can one add this item to give it 2 gem slots?

Yes.
When you use the Belt Buckle on it, it adds a prismatic socket (which means you can put any color gem in it) and it wont affect your socket bonus. :)

You can look at my belt as an example.
Chain of Shadow is the item but I used a belt buckle on it so I have three sockets on my armory.
Edited by Novalas on 11/21/2012 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Note that prismatic socket DOES NOT MEAN you have to put a prismatic gem in them.

I have no idea why those gems even exist.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Note that prismatic socket DOES NOT MEAN you have to put a prismatic gem in them.

If I'm not mistaken, Nightmare Tear was useful in Wrath. I believe everyone had their one Nightmare Tear in their gear somewhere. At least, I did, and my raid group. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

The old prismatic gems were very useful, when they had them... counted as every color (for meta gem matching) and provided a stat boost to all stats. They also had resistance prismatic gems, which were very nice when you had a resistance set...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

If I'm not mistaken, Nightmare Tear was useful in Wrath. I believe everyone had their one Nightmare Tear in their gear somewhere. At least, I did, and my raid group. :P

Back when meta gems had fairly stringent activation requirements, prismatic gems (particularly the Nightmare Tear) were useful primarily for activating your meta.

As there have been no new prismatic gems added since Wrath and meta activation requirements are basically gone (and there are good or at least decent regular gems for every socket color for every class now) there's really no reason to ever use a prismatic gem.
Edited by Honorata on 11/21/2012 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]