I am back.

90 Blood Elf Mage
Your damn right when I hear my kid hollering help I'm gonna be right there to help him..thats what mommas are for...maybe you should try hollering for yours when you see us..

Dont mention !@#$ about my kid again

Will you be my mommy too?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought I was already put into the position of HSF Mom?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not sure many people still around remember you Vod.
Reply Quote
I never said geming all res was bad. I said geming mostly PvP power wthout crit was bad. Your reading comprehension is slipping Antipodus.

Regardless of your opinion of my skill level I am still right.

10/28/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Antipodus
You're retarded.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
I never said geming all res was bad. I said geming mostly PvP power wthout crit was bad. Your reading comprehension is slipping Antipodus.

Regardless of your opinion of my skill level I am still right.

You're retarded.

Allow me to correct this for you.

I never said gemming all res was bad. I said gemming mostly PvP power wthout crit was bad. Your reading comprehension is slipping, Antipodus.

Regardless of your opinion of my skill level, I am still woefully ignorant.

Also, a short listing of gladiator or otherwise very high rated players who are either gemming pvp power, or actually forging OUT of crit-

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Pigboy/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Magebroqt/simple

One of the best mages, Watchmeblink, whose only non-pvp power gems are JC gems
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Watchmebl%C3%ACnk/simple

Finding good players actually gearing TOWARDS crit is difficult in and of itself. Then again, I realize that every time you speak you're so far out of your depth you're in danger of drowning, so put on the water wings of education and learn what you're talking about before you spout off.

As usual,

10/28/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Antipodus
You're retarded.
Edited by Antipodus on 11/25/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Woe
Some people can't grasp the fact that PVP != PVE. There is no perfect way to gem, it all depends on peoples playstyle, comp, what they expect out of their character, and above all - choice.

There is a wrong way to gem, like Invictus gemming mastery for fire last season, but generally it's just when you're gemming for stats that don't affect you at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Oh really? How many top mages run fire? Let alone stack PvP power alone? Stack crit ALONG with PvP power. Crit means more pyros= more damage. If you are casting anything other than scorch you're doing something wrong.

Frost you stack intel in red and mastery/ PvP power gems in everything else. I also see some frost mages got haste> mastery/PvP power but I find having harder hitting shatters easier to kill people.

As a 2k experience 3's player I would expect you to at least understand the mechanics of your class and what stats are best for them.

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Cartoonzirl/advanced here. This is Cartoonz's armory. He is a frost/fire Mage and a pretty damn good one. If you really want to, go on YouTube and watch his videos. He has a guide of gem and enchanting for both frost and fire specs in the current patch.

You seem to think what I do in game has anything to do with 'top mages'. If I played at their level I would be gemming some resilience to deal with being trained each game. As it stands I haven't done any actual arena yet aside from points in 2s.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Jahmilli/advanced Jahmilli

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Watchmebl%C3%ACnk/advanced Watchmeblink

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Hyunaqt/advanced Hyuna

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Bobjob/advanced Bobjob

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Pigboy/advanced Pigboy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Magebroqt/advanced Magebroqt

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Arcadefyre/advanced Arcadefyre

These are the top mages from Bloodlust and Shadowburn, and aside from resilience being the real trend PvP power comes in second pretty easily. While Cartoonz is a good mage I doubt he knows something the rest of these mages don't.

And why are you gemming both crit and mastery? And why are you under hit cap? I thought you were just trolling me but this seems to be too much work for just that.

Also not sure what that scorch comment means.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Guys, do yourselves a favor and just PvP as I do.
Reply Quote
I am not under hot cap. I gem for PvP power/mastery in yellow/bue slots and intel for the red. If you look at half of them, they reforge into mastery while others reforge to haste. However, a majority of the, do gem for PvP RES over anything.

Mastery/PvP power does make you do more damage while res stacking allows you to take more hits.

But you don't gem the way they do. I also see you filled put your gear with enchants. Do you need the pants enchant? I think I have a few in my bags.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I understand what the stats do, and I gem more like them than you do. And I gave my reason for avoiding resilience, most of my pvp is done in BGs right now. I plan on replacing the pants soon so I'm not going to spend ~1000g on the enchant.

Your profile shows you under hit cap, but it tends to be wrong at times. Now it shows you over the cap.

Also if you value Int over PvP power, why not Int/Mastery in yellows and Int/PvP power in blues?
Don't come at me about my gems over a joke I made when your choices make very little sense themselves.
Reply Quote
No I will give it to you for free. I do that for all mages that wish to kill Horde as much as I do.

I gem for PvP power over intel because intel only goes so far while PvP power makes my shatters hit harder against players. I only use frost spec for PvP and fire for everything else so I have no need to stack intel as frost.

I could also say the same to you. Why do you stack pure PvP power and not power/intel as fire? Or even intel/crit?

I saw that my armory said that I was under hit and it turns out one of my items unforged its self. It tends to do that some times so I went back and fixed it.

I never really meant any offense to you as a player, I was just pointing out that I thought your geming was strange and not the best for your spec.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
shut up wixers
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
11/25/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Wixers
I am not under hot cap.

Yes you are. You need to gem and enchant more hotness.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Only noobs play mages anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just wanted to say that it's kinda hard to tell if the player is a child or an adult. My now 5 y/o has been playing wow for 2 years now. You can't tell she is a child unless you try to have a conversation with her. She is a mouse turner and is actually quite skilled on my fiance's warlock. She's killed a player or two just by running around and hitting random abilities. We also macroed emotes for her like /chicken, /dance, /train/ wave etc and she can pulll them up and put on the action bars.
So I'd imagine that an 8 year old would be pretty awesome at playing. I can see how you would think it's made up if you don't have children yourself, but us with children raised playing wow or any other games ( my kid loves to play skyrim as well) know that it's more than possible.
In other words, kids are extremely smart and will surprise you. A lot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This argument over gems started with you saying I wasn't as good as an 8 year old, so I wouldn't try and back track now.

And my gem choices are pretty easy to figure out, I value pvp power the highest so I gem it in blues, Int/PvP power in red and PvP power/Mastery or Crit depending on frost or fire.

What I'm saying is if you value pvp power over int, your reds should be int/pvp power but if you value int over pvp power you're blues should be int/pvp power. See what I mean? You can't tell what your priorities are by looking at your gems, it seems like you're trying to find a balance that doesn't need to exist.
Reply Quote
Mastery for frost is too good to pass up. Straight stacking intel only goes so far. I know, I tried it. I find more success in keeping reds pure intel and the rest with PvP power/mastery. Fire on the other hand you want crit and intel with PvP power thrown in.

My point as to why your gems were terrible picks was because you were not taking your own advice. Even as fire you were stacking PvP power With hardly enough crit. Which means you are extremely lucky, or you are spamming scorch to get your pyro procs.

OR you know how to use shatter combos AS fire. I have shown a few mages this trick I learned a long time ago and most of them are much better players because of it. If this is the case than sure, stack PvP power. However, I doubt you know what those are.

On the points made about kids playing WoW; I have seen 10 year olds pick up this game back when I started playing. I had a few kids in my swimming lesson classes I teach talk about the game many times and it baffled me the amount they knew. I wouldn't be surprised if 8 year olds now could figure out how to play this game. However, I doubt any of them know the insides and outs of class mechanics you can only learn from playing your own class.

Then again, allowing your kids to play teen and even mature rated games (Skyrim) is a pretty big judge of character on your part as a parent. Why don't you read them something like Lemony Snicket or Stewart Little? What we need now in the new generation is a bunch of kids raised of video games which violence is paramount. Not only that, they learn that by killing things you gain rewards. When in reality most of them either have no concept of "Life and Death" or they have only learned about it and don't understand it.

If you REALLY want to let your kids play video games why not allow them to play the new Mario game? Or even Pokemon for that matter?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
If you REALLY want to let your kids play video games why not allow them to play the new Mario game? Or even Pokemon for that matter?

Yes, games about hairy plumbers seizing princesses from castles and animal violence are excellent examples our children should follow.

You should take the advice of Wixers, a man(?) who is both incompetent at WoW, and basic grammar. His insights on childrearing (or perhaps a tragic reflection on the failings of his parents) should be a lesson to all of us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

OR you know how to use shatter combos AS fire. I have shown a few mages this trick I learned a long time ago and most of them are much better players because of it. If this is the case than sure, stack PvP power. However, I doubt you know what those are.

Just stop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/26/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Calihye
Only noobs play mages anyway.

^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]