I am back.

90 Blood Elf Paladin

Then again, allowing your kids to play teen and even mature rated games (Skyrim) is a pretty big judge of character on your part as a parent. Why don't you read them something like Lemony Snicket or Stewart Little? What we need now in the new generation is a bunch of kids raised of video games which violence is paramount. Not only that, they learn that by killing things you gain rewards. When in reality most of them either have no concept of "Life and Death" or they have only learned about it and don't understand it.

If you REALLY want to let your kids play video games why not allow them to play the new Mario game? Or even Pokemon for that matter?

It is possible for a child to play WoW and know that it's just a game. That a game is very different from real life. Same us pretend play and making up stories are different from reality.

Also, when you have your own children you can raise them however you want. And I will not judge you if you decide your kids can only read books.
I, however, believe that variety is the spice of life so my children get to do all kind of things.
We read every night, on tuesdays she has gymnastics, on fridays she has foreign language class, on saturdays she does tumbling. On sundays she can play video games. Wednesday is a library day etc
I honestly don't see how you can possibly judge me as a parent. Especially since you are not one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/26/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Sylwa
It is possible for a child to play WoW and know that it's just a game. That a game is very different from real life. Same us pretend play and making up stories are different from reality.

^This.

Not every child is failed by their parents in the learning and development department. There's a big difference between letting video games raise your kids and raising them yourself while letting them play video games.

Moreover, some kids just naturally are more mature. Just as some adults are more childish than your average toddler.

I had more of a point somewhere, but I'm tired and have no idea where I was going with this. So I'ma just stop here >.>

Edit: I remember some of it. Something about me having a sixth grade reading level when I was in kindergarten, and I would rather have meaningful discussions with adults than play with kids my age. Just because a person has only been alive for a few years doesn't mean they have to be treated like they were mentally handicapped.
Edited by Trennas on 11/26/2012 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
11/26/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Trennas
Just as some adults are more childish than your average toddler.

Hi! I liek puppy dogs :3
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Antipodus, I don't care what your family situation is at home to make you such a miserable form of a human being to always judge and tear down people who you have never met just for the sake of your own entertainment. You are the worst kind of person to play these games with and I hope other people see it some day. I am still waiting for you to show me what makes me "incompetent" at this game. Each time you bring it up you fail to specify anything. Also, what gives you the right to judge my player skill when I never see you doing anything worth while in the world. I don't see your guild coming to the recuse when I gank one of your guild mates. I stick around HOPING you will swoop in and helping your innocent "friends". The fact that you automatically assume I had some sort of "tragic failing of my parents" only brings me to wonder if that was what happened to you.

Sylwa, you can raise your kids however you want. Just because I have none of my own doesn't mean I don't know how to raise them. I have two cousins I helped raise from 5 to 10 when my aunt died. I wouldn't let them play Skyrim or WoW if they were that young when they came out. These games are not meant for children and there are more than enough kids games to keep their attention and keep them interested.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
11/27/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Krzysztof
Just as some adults are more childish than your average toddler.

Hi! I liek puppy dogs :3

Canadians :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Wixers
I wouldn't let them play Skyrim or WoW if they were that young when they came out. These games are not meant for children and there are more than enough kids games to keep their attention and keep them interested.

Congrats. You just won the parent of the year award. Good job!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I think it's rather telling that when discussing a sandbox game like Skyrim (and to a much lesser extent WoW) Wixers automatically addresses the "violent" aspect of those games. It's rather similar to the media's views on GTA3 10 years ago when all they focused on was that you could pick up a hooker and then you could kill her to get your money back. The fact that a game named after a felony would allow you to do this, even if it wasn't part of the main story or even a part of a side mission, was lost in the desire to claim that video games can corrupt a child far more than lazy and ineffective parenting ever can.

In a sense, Wixers is lashing out and missing the forest for the trees. He's missing the point, again. As he always seems to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I just think that supervised and occasional gaming will not hurt. That's all.
Edited by Sylwa on 11/27/2012 7:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
Antipodus, I don't care what your family situation is at home to make you such a miserable form of a human being to always judge and tear down people who you have never met just for the sake of your own entertainment.

My parents let me play violent video games as a child. I ran with scissors a lot, too. That probably describes why I'm such a wretched and twisted individual. Perhaps these things are why I so enjoy mocking morons on the internet.

Perhaps we should point out (again) the hilarious double standard where you criticize someone, then do the exact thing you're criticizing.

In any case, as to your playing ability, aside from the innumerable times I've killed you out in the world on any number of characters or classes, any mage who seems to consider "shatter combos" as fire to be an advanced tactic is a garbage mage.

As usual,

you're retarded
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
missing the forest for the trees

He's below more than one type of hit cap.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/27/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Antipodus
missing the forest for the trees

He's below more than one type of hit cap.

Is that a gay joke?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I wouldn't be surprised that Antipodus pulled a Mitt Ronmey and held down kids who he assumed were gay and cut off their hair. But then again, I wouldn't expect him to admit it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Uh, I can confirm he's very pro-gay.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Woe
11/27/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Wixers
I wouldn't be surprised that Antipodus pulled a Mitt Ronmey and held down kids who he assumed were gay and cut off their hair. But then again, I wouldn't expect him to admit it.

This doesn't even make any sense.

I hate children, why wouldn't I admit to that?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
So, Antipodus. I hear you're pro-gay and hate children.
Wanna be BFFs?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This is all just silly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]