The football thread.

90 Draenei Shaman

We'll see if they can prove their merit in the Big 10 title ga...oh...er, never mind....

12-0.

Take your socks off if it helps you get some perspective on that first number.

12-0.

Enough said.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Colts fan here, made me realize how lucky I am to be a fan of such a great team. I mean with Manning we had a shot every year to go to the Superbowl (although we only reached it twice we were contenders every year) and now with Luck it's looking like we may have a similar period when he matures. Also I am glad we picked Luck; RG3 is extremely overrated and I doubt the Skins will get anywhere with him.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Bears fan here. Even though Cutler is probably the most hated QB in the league you gotta give the guy a lot more credit than anyone does. As for the ESPN announcer nagging on him about how he entered the stadium the other day is stupid.

The Bears are horrible w/out him and its been proven many times. If he would have been in on the Texans and 49er's game they would have had a much better chance at winning. Not saying they would have won,but a lot better showing than Campbell put on.

The addition of Marshall has been a godsend for the Bears. Jefferey is another huge addition if only he could stay healthy. Forte seems to be slacking after he got what he wanted,big paycheck. O line also needs a lot of reworking.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
New Orleans Saints and Alabam Crimson Tide!

Roll Tide and Who Dat!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Texas A&M student.... JOHNNY FOOTBALL FTW
Edited by Skarlath on 11/27/2012 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I'm pulling for Georgia (as, I believe, the rest of the country is) this weekend in the SEC championship. Once they beat alabama, it'll be really nice to watch them to go the NC and beat Notre Dame and bring home a 7th (8th? I've lost count) National Championship to the SEC!

Texas A&M student.... JOHNNY FOOTBALL FTW

As a fan of a rival team (LSU), Manziel scares the mess out of me! in 4 years he will be unstoppable, moreso than he already is.
Edited by Saepio on 11/28/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/28/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Saepio
Once they beat alabama,

not gonna happen =P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Unfortunately the forum CoC prevents me from talking too much about alabama...

However, don't overestimate them. They aren't as good as they are hyped up to be. They played 2 top teams this year, LSU and A&M. A&M beat them, and they barely made it out of Death Valley.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Unfortunately the forum CoC prevents me from talking too much about alabama...

However, don't overestimate them. They aren't as good as they are hyped up to be. They played 2 top teams this year, LSU and A&M. A&M beat them, and they barely made it out of Death Valley.

it will be a good game for sure but The Crimson Tide will come out on top its only natural =P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I might be the only person in SEC country pulling for Notre Dame in the BCS NC game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Alynfila
I might be the only person in SEC country pulling for Notre Dame in the BCS NC game.

It depends on their opponent. If georgia plays in the NC, then im for the SEC. If alabama goes, then ND gets my full support.

I really dont like ND, but it pales in comparison to the hatred that I have for Alabama (and I actually have valid reasons for my hatred, not just blind rival hatred).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
My favorite NFL team is leading the NFC West.

My favorite college team is likely going to win the Pac 12 & play in the Rose Bowl.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Roll Tide!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
My 49ers are hanging in there.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ROLL TIDE!! Now we get to destroy Notre Dame
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Chances are ND wont beat Alabama. It's been said over and over again, defense wins championships. It doesn't seem to me like ND has a very good defense, while Alabama's is very good, one of the top in the country.

I also had a thought over the past few weeks, once I realized that the BCS is horrendously flawed (a conversation for another time). Why do I care how another team does? My team is LSU, and I will proudly wear my purple and gold until I'm in my grave. You should see my office, the walls are painted purple and gold and I have the eye of the tiger pained on one of them.

I don't think I will ever like Alabama, but if they aren't playing LSU, I dont personally care how good or bad they do. Honestly, it helps LSU for them to play well, I enjoy watching games against tough opponents, and as much as I want to puke when I say this, they dont really come any tougher than Alabama.

So while ND has my support for the game, if Alabama wins (and I honestly think they will), I think instead of being upset that a rival team won the NC, I'll just be excited that the SEC won it again.

...can't really post in a football thread without saying "GEAUX TIGERS!!!" =D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
NFL commsioner considers kickoff elimination rule again.

They need to quit hacking up the game of football.

You don't get rid of the kickoff. It's a staple part of the game. It's exciting.
Edited by Grumgore on 12/6/2012 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's only a matter of time before he gets to consider a contact elimination rule.
Reply Quote
14 Human Warrior
Grew up in New England. Just old enough to appreciate just how good we've had things the last 10 years or so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]