Cloud Serpent

(Locked)

90 Tauren Death Knight
So just doing the dailies its probably going to take me weeks to reach exalted with these guys. What, if anything, can speed this up?
90 Dwarf Priest
There are eggs you can collect on the island where you do dailies, they are mostly located on the hills in that area. Turning them in gives you reputation.

Edit: To be more specific, it is Onyx Egg as the name implies they look like all the other dragon eggs, except they are black.
Edited by Belgir on 11/24/2012 10:13 AM PST
90 Human Priest
Secondary professions each unlock a new daily. Other than that, just the onyx eggs found around Windward Isle.
90 Orc Shaman
You could look for the eggs

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1FJNcVjWI

or i'm sure a brows on wowhead could give you more information about this.
1 Blood Elf Warrior
If you do all the dailies everyday it takes 2 weeks, no eggs needed.
90 Goblin Death Knight
11/24/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Safekeeper
If you do all the dailies everyday it takes 2 weeks, no eggs needed.

This right here. Also, the dailies themselves take very little time to do, especially if you do things like prepare your fish cakes in bulk in advance and have them ready to turn in right after you accept that quest. It's one of the easiest rep "grinds" ever.
90 Troll Death Knight
I wouldn't count on the eggs, though; they seem to spawn less frequently and be harder to find that the Netherwing eggs ever were in BC and there's just about always three or more people flying around the island farming them.

Two toons to exalted and I've only found one egg...5 minutes after I hit exalted, as I was making a celebratory lap around the island on my new serpent. >.<
Community Manager
You also get a pretty cool boost in reputation when you move from Honored to Revered. I've been having a lot of fun with this particular faction and the pay off is pretty epic!
Onyx eggs also help. Check the cliffs and such while doing your dailies
90 Orc Rogue
11/24/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Crithto
You also get a pretty cool boost in reputation when you move from Honored to Revered. I've been having a lot of fun with this particular faction and the pay off is pretty epic!
I wouldn't really say that. I got my cloud serpents and haven't used them since. They are simply too big and wavy (like the heart of the aspects mount was). Plus, since you so rarely interact with your dragon, it doesn't really feel like its yours (unlike say the Venomhide Raptor that you personally fed and played with and cared for for a solid month). It really just feels like any other faction grind. Do dailies for a few weeks, get a mount at the end, only you don't get any gear along the way.

In the end, Cloud Serpent was nothing but 3 more mounts in my collection, while I use my Red Cloud Riding Disk on every toon (its small, its quiet, and it rides smooth).
Edited by Rógue on 11/24/2012 11:21 AM PST
Man, if you think this one is bad, wait until you do some of the other factions. ;)
Took me about three weeks, I'd say, and I didn't do the dailies EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's really not that bad.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
In the end, Cloud Serpent was nothing but 3 more mounts in my collection, while I use my Red Cloud Riding Disk on every toon (its small, its quiet, and it rides smooth).

The cloud is too mainstream.
Edited by Shenanigans on 11/24/2012 11:31 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Heck I didn't even do all the dailies everyday, and it took me about 3 weeks if even that. I was in no hurry took my time and everything on Hunter.

Love my Cloud Serpent it's a pretty mount.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Without turning in a single egg, this faction was my first MoP faction to Exalted (well, second if you count Lorewalkers, but they aren't daily-driven), which was on 10/10/2012, I had hit 90 and started dailies on 09/28/2012, so that would be 12 days.
Edited by Solarus on 11/24/2012 11:35 AM PST
Community Manager
11/24/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Rógue
Plus, since you so rarely interact with your dragon, it doesn't really feel like its yours (unlike say the Venomhide Raptor that you personally fed and played with and cared for for a solid month).

I hear ya, though my daily quests have mostly been from my little serpent buddy. For me, it feels like an exclusive, delicate process to earn the right to adopt. The Cloud Serpent folks want me to prove I'm worthy of being able to care for my pet/mount and I can appreciate that. Besides, did you know you can play catch with them? Potential spoiler, too, in that there is an achievement tied to it. ;)
90 Goblin Death Knight
Well, I ride my cloud serpents all the time. The rogue named Rógue is definitely speaking for herself.
90 Human Death Knight
I actually thought Cloud Serpents was one of the better done grinds in MoP. You get the rep at a decent rate, there's not a ridiculously high number of dailies to do, some of the quests are unique and actually fun, and it's not required for anything besides the mounts. Basically everything that Golden Lotus did wrong, Cloud Serpents did right.

The only problem with it is that you have to do the grind on every character you want to be able to use Cloud Serpents on. This is a really stupid restriction that serves no purpose except to artificially make Cloud Serpents rarer by taking them away from people who have already earned them. It's even required for Cloud Serpents that aren't from that rep grind. Don't know what Blizz was thinking when they implemented that.
90 Human Paladin
I agree with Tyrathius. Cloud Serpent dailies really aren't that painful and the length of time you have to do them is about right. Some of them ARE fun.

The Golden Lotus dailies make my head hurt.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/24/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Rógue
They are simply too big and wavy (like the heart of the aspects mount was)

Would you rather have the generic re-skinned drake over and over and over?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]