Xmog hunting

87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Have you ever hunted for certain pieces of xmog? If so, how long did it take you and what armor did you finally obtain? Or did you obtain it all on the AH?

At the moment I've been farming Vanguard pieces for my DK, as well as Masterwork pieces for my Hunter. So far I acquired Vanguard Vambraces, Vanguard Gauntlets & Vanguard Girdle. Absolutely no luck with Masterwork, although I've been keeping my eye on the AH as well as farming Molten Core by killing the Flamewaker Priest standing next to Salfurion Halbringer.

BTW, if anyone wants to sell me any Vanguard/Masterwork pieces that would be great. :)
Edited by Demoraliza on 11/25/2012 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I spent about 2 months killing rares in Blasted Lands so I could complete a Templar and Warlord's Iron set for my warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am currently farming Naxx 25 for the light blue plate gear that were for healing paladins for my DK. The color is great and hopefully I"ll get Armageddon by the time I'm done.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm farming for shaman T4... took me 2 weeks to get the robes/pants, but still no luck on shoulders/gloves.

I'm expecting gloves to take the longest since Gruul's drops 3 shoulder tokens every week (as opposed to Curator dropping 2 glove tokens in KZ, and Karazhan also taking longer to clear through)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It took me just under a month for this shield, but over 3 years for the sword. Yes I was farming it long before transmogging came out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Got these shoulders on the first try, so excited when that happened.

Got my Mistweaver Tmog shoulders on the first try as well. They are the shiny orange and green ones off Lady Sacrolash in Sunwell.

On my warrior, I spent 4 weeks inside AQ40 trying to get that skeletal plate chest piece.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I really love your xmog Soulrage.

I've also been running for some of the Tier 2 set for my Rogue. Haven't gotten any yet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
it took me a week to get this Xmog, not to mention the lockout I had to wait for in order to do the quest to unlock Nightbane in Karazhan.

/HighPaw
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It took me a year of farming blasted lands before my shaman's chestpiece showed up... In the AH.
Then of course it dropped on a random alt I was questing on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Have you ever hunted for certain pieces of xmog? If so, how long did it take you and what armor did you finally obtain? Or did you obtain it all on the AH?

At the moment I've been farming Vanguard pieces for my DK, as well as Masterwork pieces for my Hunter. So far I acquired Vanguard Vambraces, Vanguard Gauntlets & Vanguard Girdle. Absolutely no luck with Masterwork, although I've been keeping my eye on the AH as well as farming Molten Core by killing the Flamewaker Priest standing next to Salfurion Halbringer.

BTW, if anyone wants to sell me any Vanguard/Masterwork pieces that would be great. :)

Masterwork I have gotten frequently from the rare spawns in areas like Tanaris, Un Goro, Silithus and of course, Molten Core.

The Jade set is what I hunted for the longest. I got lucky with a few pieces on AH, and the feet, gloves dropped for me in Zul Farrak a few days apart.
Reply Quote
24 Undead Mage
Since i'm a 24 twink I don't have access to look-a-like gear so there's maybe one or two cool chests and the one I liked was in the Dranei starting zone, so it involved a lot of corpse running through Alliance cities and camps since they removed the horde accessible docks, and then after about 6 hours of farming and over 20 kills on the rare I got my Silvermoon Robes :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The Black Bow of the Betrayer still eludes me to this day..

Trying for it since mid-wrath.

Also trying for the paladin T12 on my pally. Only have helm and belt so far.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Bloodforged Shield A month and a half of constant farming. I'm a little ashamed to say it, but i got so obsessed that I made toons on other servers just to look for it, and transferred a toon over to get it.

Lets hope Greaves of the Martyr and Chestplate of the Forbidden Tower Don't give me nearly that level of trouble.

Edit: This is what I hope to be able to have for my final mog set: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=40675:40673:41114:40671:40669:30536:86158:82595:14954.1607
Edited by Momiji on 11/26/2012 4:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I spent about five hours trying to get the gloves I used for this transmog in Strath. The Horde AH had everything BUT the gloves. I got sick of trying and checked the Alliance AH, and there was a set :D

I bought em, took them to a neutral AH with a friend on stand-by to grab em.

Yay!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
In regards to OP, I already have a Vanguard set complete (Just not sending it to this warrior until More Void Storage space arrives)

but if anything, ever since the revamp of Scholomance and the removal of several Deathbone pieces, getting a decent Black Plate mog set is becoming difficult and...

Bloodforged Shield A month and a half of constant farming. I'm a little ashamed to say it, but i got so obsessed that I made toons on other servers just to look for it, and transferred a toon over to get it.

Lets hope Greaves of the Martyr and Chestplate of the Forbidden Tower Don't give me nearly that level of trouble.

Edit: This is what I hope to be able to have for my final mog set: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=40675:40673:41114:40671:40669:30536:86158:82595:14954.1607

I think I found a decent pair of Plate Pants that have some black to them... >:D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I'm still waiting for my pants...
Reply Quote
15 Human Priest
Still running Kara every week trying to get the boots for my Rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I check AH to see if I can catch something at a relatively low price. For instance, I grabbed Blinkstrike for 400g off the AH which beat running MagT normal over and over and over and over again for the one that drops there.

Most of the difficulty is getting a few friends to run a lot of the raids, especially BWL. For the monk, mogging is a bit limited right now because leather is kinda meh in most cases and there's only 1 monk tier which is the current.

I may start running CoS every day to try to get Greed to drop for the fist weapon so I can punch with my bear fists. :3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
These horns took forever to get. XD

You might be saying: "What are you talking about? Those horns are so easy to get"

Of course they are easy... for a warlock!!! :D I'm a priest! From what I've seen, the only way for a non-warlock to get these horns is from a quest reward in Nagrand, and if you're like me and skipped many quests in Outlands cause you rushed to the cap level, going back to find the pre-requisite quests can be very long and painful. I did all available Nagrand quests, and never got the quest for these horns, I backtracked to Terrokar Forest did all those, still didn't unlock the Nagrand quest, went all the way back to Hellfire Penensula and completed everything, then found a new quest in Terrorkar, did that and finally I unlocked another huge chain quest in Nagrand and the end reward was these awesome horns!!!

I'm now a horny Shadow Priest! ^_^ YAY!
Edited by Puzzle on 11/26/2012 4:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I am still looking for the elusive Black Ash Robe, which NEVER drops. That's the center of my future transmog set, there are still several world drop greens that I need - which may take even longer to farm.

I'm wearing a "temporary" transmog set that took about 4 Botanica and 3 MGT runs to acquire, i.e. not very much effort.
Edited by Saelayris on 11/26/2012 5:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]