80s Thread of Vile Bile

85 Night Elf Death Knight
PLEASE READ FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE BRACKET. IF YOUR QUESTION CAN'T BE ANSWERED THERE OR HERE, ASK AWAY!:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4175419674

Previous thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004048226

Welcome one and all to the 80 Twink Thread; here you will find an information pool regarding our bracket and a directory for guilds/servers. Enjoy!

x 80 Twinking x

80 twinking is all about fun, plain and simple. Most of our twinks are either playing the WOTLK xpac or simply chose to not level their 80's. It is our game and we play how we want. We have access to the most gear, titles, achievements and stats of any twink bracket, which makes us by far the best twinking bracket to be a part of. Class variations and spec choices is astronomical here; how you want to play is by far the best way to play.

x Activities x

At 80 we have access to all WoTLK, BC and Vanilla raid content. We also have access to several Cata instances which provide us with BIS items. PVP is the biggest and most crucial part of keeping this bracket alive. Queues are rather slow as of lately generally 15-30 minutes. With more players will come faster queues.

x What is the brackets level range? x

The 80 bracket is from level 80 to 84. Whoah! players over 80? We will get owned!!!! :(

DON'T PANIC! While it does give them an advantage health wise, it is offset by the fact these players have to level up 4 extra levels in order to gain those MINIMAL benefits.

The only legitimate reason why a character will be leveled higher then 80 is to gain new abilities. Even then, the only other advantage to leveling higher then 80 is a very minor increase to primary stats (Strength, Agility, or Intellect) in exchange for a major decrease in secondary stats, like Crit, Haste, or Mastery. This will be offset by MOP greens, and possibly BoAs. (417ilvl with lvl80 req... maybe just bad datamining)

x Let's get a twinkin! x

Now that you have a basic idea of what to expect in our bracket, it's time to dust off the armor and get cracking! Some very basic information:

Professions are a MUST. We have access to MoP-level profession benefits (for some professions) which give us stat buffs far in excess of what is normally reachable by an 80.

PvP is the lifeblood of the bracket. It's one of the few activities that even guildless and friendless (ask for Real-IDs/Battletags!) 80s can be a part of. There are standard battleground as well as 2v2 Arena. 3v3 and 5v5 Arena ques rarely if ever pop.

If you want to raid, it's best to join one of the guilds listed below, unless you feel comfortable and able to lead PuG runs on your own server. Make sure you ask before transferring.

x Professions x

Engineering and Tailoring buck for first place on the MoP profession list. Engineering is highly recommended, as the proc is controllable and it comes with other useful tinkers.

Engineering: The old favorite perks like parachute cloak (now a glider is useable as well) and the various belt tinkers (rocket boots, invisibility field, 18k shield, etc) are still useable, but the main attraction of Engineering are the new Synapse Springs Mark II- 1920 of a primary stat for ten seconds on a one-minute cooldown.

Tailoring: Gives access to 3 powerful cloak enchants-

Darkglow- Gives a chance to increase spirit by 3000 while casting.

Lightweave- Gives a chance to increase intellect by 2000 while casting.

Swordguard- Gives a chance to increase attack power by 4000 while attacking with melee or from range.

Only ONE may be used at a time. Proc is uncontrollable.

Tailoring also provides a+285 Intellect +165crit/spirit leg armor. Useful for casters and/or hybrids who plan on healing.

The second-best profession for 80s is:
Leatherworking. It provides an incredible
+500 to a primary stat through wrist enchantsas well as a
+285 Strength/Agility +165 crit bonusin the form of leg armor.

Leatherworking also has Stamina (wrists) and Stamina + Dodge (legs) enchants, meaning it supports tanking far more then the other two professions.

Other professions of note:

Alchemy: With the Alchemist's Stones that 80s are able to craft (350-360 of a primary stat), Alchemy is a decent choice if you're strength dps or don't feel like upgrading.

Herbalism: 2880 haste cooldown that stacks with on use trinkets

All other professions:Nothing here of note. You may level other professions if you wish, but none will be as viable as the ones listed above.

x GUILD GUIDE x

x ALLIANCE x

<The Condemned> - Perenolde
<Fun in Icecrown> - Korgath
<Puritania> - Kargath

x HORDE x

<Icebound> - Bloodscalp
<Axiom> - Frostmourne
<DONTGETMADGETGLAD> Area 52
Edited by Valaquenta on 11/26/2012 7:13 PM PST
58 Tauren Death Knight
yo
Official.
90 Human Mage
HELLO TRUE THREAD
11/26/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Niveah
HELLO TRUE THREAD

Thank you <3
90 Human Mage
you better thank me
Thank you... very much.
90 Human Mage
now make me a 85 twink!
10 Human Rogue
I like this thread, because i know it supports POSIE.
90 Human Mage
Thats sad :/
80 Human Mage
80s thread of blizzard isn't putting the 85 gear back until 5.2
90 Human Mage
GUESS WUT I JUST WON!
80 Troll Mage
I got carried in 25 Maly tonight.

Thanks Umadbro and Vinses
90 Human Mage
i dont know how to link a experiment 12-b from ultrax in ds :/
80 Human Mage
look it up on wowhead or the armory, copy the number and

Experiment 12-B
79 Blood Elf Mage
MAY I join you people! how's the 80 arena que times? :3
80 Human Mage
frist pgae?
90 Human Mage
i couldnt find the number :/
80 Human Mage
http://www.wowhead.com/item=78919
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/78919

The the number at the end is what you need.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]