Extra 10%+ PvP Power??

90 Undead Warlock
Why do PvP weapons now give such extreme amounts of PvP power?

I hope this is unintended since everyone had already been complaining about the excessive burst and short ttk in WoW's PvP. I'm not sure why you would intentionally make it far worse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Presumably so that PvE weapons remain undesirable for PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/27/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Serinicas

This.

PVP power should have only been on weapons and trinkets. Those are the main offenders of pve items in pvp. Putting pvp power on everything was the mistake. Gems and enchants are fine since it really doesn't equate to a lot. If there was only pvp power on weapons and trinkets they could load it up even more.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/27/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Serinicas

At the expense of having everyone with a PvP weapon one or two shot everyone else?

What ever happened to "we are giving players base resilience so that they don't get one shot if they don't have full pvp gear yet"? Not only do they get one shot without pvp gear - now they get one shot with it!

So, great, pvp'ers won't use raiding drops. I don't see that as a great outcome if it comes at the cost of making pvp even less playable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I seem to be actually down ~200 pvp power since the patch. Not sure what's up.
Reply Quote
19 Goblin Shaman
11/27/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Kallìk

you are down pvp power because they once again screwed the fist weapons. every other weapon go a 2x pvp power treatment fist weps didn't...

buffed the pvp power on the other melee weps to 2385... the fist weps are still on 1193...
Edited by Kolan on 11/27/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/27/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Kolan

you are down pvp power because they once again screwed the fist weapons. every other weapon go a 2x pvp power treatment fist weps didn't...

buffed the pvp power on the other melee weps to 2385... the fist weps are still on 1193...

lol what? Doesn't Blizz have any sort of QA process? Are they so short staffed that they cant make these small but necessary changes? This is just mind bottling
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
*throws hands up* Whelp, so glad I chose fist weapons instead of axes.

Wooooo!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Me too Stierzorn... me too...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's an incredibly needed change. Normal/Heroic weapons were massively outclassing PvP weapons. What they should have done to help mitigate the extra damage going out was just lower the amount of PvP Power on every other piece of gear, keeping the overall amount roughly equal but heavily loading up the weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Would prefer they just increase resil on all the gear rather than reducing the PvP Power on anything. More mitigation can't hurt at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

This.

PVP power should have only been on weapons and trinkets. Those are the main offenders of pve items in pvp. Putting pvp power on everything was the mistake. Gems and enchants are fine since it really doesn't equate to a lot. If there was only pvp power on weapons and trinkets they could load it up even more.

They aren't looking to go to the extreme where non-PvP weapons/trinkets in PvP become basically worthless. So long as the current PvP weapon is the best choice, that is all that matters. The PvP weapon from three seasons ago doesn't need to be better than the heroic weapon of the current tier.
Edited by Asthas on 11/28/2012 1:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Just to clear up a few things - hybrid's got the healing part of pvp power nerfed completely. However, since pvp power on weapons increased, its a big dps increase. Pure dps classes win all around, as a result warriors will be #2 with mages being undisputed #1.

Healing specs got the healing portion of pvp power nerfed too, but not as much as hybrids did. End result, healers are less 'healy', dps (pure & hyrbids) do even more damage and are even more likely to kill you in a deep freeze.

Instead of buffing pvp power, i dont know why they didnt buff the most obvious stat to keep it out of raiders without breaking pvp by buffing damage: resil.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
In another post Blue is saying some of this is just correcting tooltip errors. But the amount of PvP on weapons absolutely changed, so I don't see how they say it is a tooltip error only.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/28/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Asthas
They aren't looking to go to the extreme where non-PvP weapons/trinkets in PvP become basically worthless. So long as the current PvP weapon is the best choice, that is all that matters. The PvP weapon from three seasons ago doesn't need to be better than the heroic weapon of the current tier.

This.

They want PvP gear to be the best for PvP not eclipse every other option.

Though it does perplex me why the on use trinkets don't just have a + PvP power instead of Str, Agil, Intel, (and spirit?). I mean, everyone could use the same trinket then (Theoretically).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I think the burst race is ridiculous..need a steady increase and a burst nerf
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/28/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Bizznizz
Healing specs got the healing portion of pvp power nerfed too, but not as much as hybrids did.

That nerf went live weeks ago, it was just a tooltip update.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'm hoping this is a bug but considering how bad this patch is,it's probably not.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Just to clear up a few things - hybrid's got the healing part of pvp power nerfed completely. However, since pvp power on weapons increased, its a big dps increase. Pure dps classes win all around, as a result warriors will be #2 with mages being undisputed #1.

Healing specs got the healing portion of pvp power nerfed too, but not as much as hybrids did. End result, healers are less 'healy', dps (pure & hyrbids) do even more damage and are even more likely to kill you in a deep freeze.

Instead of buffing pvp power, i dont know why they didnt buff the most obvious stat to keep it out of raiders without breaking pvp by buffing damage: resil.

Hybrids were double dipping. Nothing that happened made an increase of pure dps only. The only thing that REALLY happened was ele, enh, balance, shadow, ret, etc had their healing from pvp power removed and they get only damage just like every other dps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/27/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Ashin
At the expense of having everyone with a PvP weapon one or two shot everyone else?

Let's explain with an example!

Let the damage contribution of PvP weapons before the patch be x
Let the damage contribution of PvE weapons be y

Thus, post patch PvP weapons contribute 1.1x damage. For the suggestion (PvP weapons needed a buff to be better than PvE weapons), y must exist somewhere between x and 1.1x; it could be 1.09x, making the actual buff to extreme burst be approximately 1%. Is that really a big concern to you?

https://twitter.com/nwr_128/status/273935856954404864
Edited by Serinicas on 11/29/2012 6:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]