Can you revert the Will nerf you guys put in?

90 Pandaren Shaman
As much as I enjoy the delay in the strikes going off, half the time you can't do an Opportunistic Strike because your stack falls off after a stomp.

Unless it was an LFR only nerf, then who cares, but if it's in normal/heroic, please remove it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I went looking at patch and hot fix notes and do not see anything about Will, was their strikes changed?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/27/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Virtutis
I went looking at patch and hot fix notes and do not see anything about Will, was their strikes changed?

If you've done the dance before there is a slight but very noticeable delay on them going off (At least there was on LFR, haven't done normal yet), which causes your built stacks to fall off if they do the stomp and prevents you from doing the opportunistic strike.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
11/27/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Adiarra

If you've done the dance before there is a slight but very noticeable delay on them going off (At least there was on LFR, haven't done normal yet), which causes your built stacks to fall off if they do the stomp and prevents you from doing the opportunistic strike.

Well if that is the case then I am with you, I hope it is not the same on the higher difficulties, that would be a significant loss in damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There will be so many happy campers if this is present in heroic =/

To be fair, we can't really expect Blizzard to test their raid encounters before they go live when they have hundreds of thousands of unpaid testers at their disposal =)

Hopefully it's an "LFR only" thing at the most =(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I am so confused or I am reading something wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/27/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Gròmmash

There is a delay on the combo moves they do (They being Jan-xi and Qin-xi), causing them to go off slightly later than they did before the patch. So if it took them half a second to swing before (Estimate, was probably a second), it now takes 1.5-2s for them to go off and because of the new delay, you can't build stacks towards your opportunistic strike if they do a stomp because it takes too long for the strikes to go off so the game thinks you ran away/stopped building towards it.

Does that make sense? Sorry if any of that is unclear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/27/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Gròmmash

OP is saying that when the boss uses the "stomp" ability you lose your chance at an "Opportunistic strike" because there is some sort of delay on when the abilities go off now that causes the game to think you either didn't avoid the ability or that you avoided it entirely (like what would happen if you just ran out of range of the abilities)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Yeah makes sense.

Good for bad dancers I guess, bad for DPS.

Not looking forward to heroic will if this is the case, especially if tanks are doing millions less damage because of the lost opportunistic strike.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would venture to say heroic will be impossible if you are unable to attain the Opportunistic Strike button. Hopefully that isn't the case.
Reply Quote
74 Orc Rogue
Just ran into this problem. Very very very annoying, needs to be fixed ASAP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I was asking my guild why it was not working in lfr since I was very sure that I was dodging all 5. they didn't get why but i'm glad I found this topic.

specifically the one that screwed it up always was when they did the ground aoe stomp. that one seems especially delayed and always screwed it up for me. Like I would dodge it and get one charge (lets say I was at 2, dodge the stomp get to 3). then when I dodged strike 4 I dropped back to 1. Hoping the change does revert as well.

of course if its just lfr, that is of no concern.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Even though it's still on the front page, I see other people making threads, hopefully this will be easier to see at the top for other people.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I hope this was not an intended change.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Well, there goes the idea of "see the content" even further.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
The delay is caused by them running towards the tank between strikes; so after a move goes off, the tank should step into the boss. This cuts down the delay and should prevent missing out on stacks.

I assume it's unintended or a side-effect of trying to fix the rare phantom swings they would do.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Sounds like an unintended bug. Hopefully they rectify the situation soon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
This is broken on heroic, very very annoying

this needs fixing asap
Edited by Saburro on 11/27/2012 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
94 Dwarf Shaman
Tonight on normal will our tanks were encountering this problem, unable to do as many opportunistic strikes and the overall damage was much lower. I suspect this will carry over to heroic as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh that's bull$hit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]