Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

whats cc'd ?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/27/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I don't see what's so useful about it. Yeah, I'm CC'd... what else is new.

Some CC is obvious; others, such as Silences or Disarms are somewhat less obvious. We wanted to better communicate when these effects take hold, which is what the new UI element is for. Some players prefer a visual cue and a precise timer regarding when a crowd control effect will end to better plan their next move.

As I said before, if you don't find it useful, you can easily disable it, or configure it to only communicate information that you might find useful.

It's supposed to tell me when I'm silenced? It sure didn't last night on my main. Cast silences from NPCs or the pheremone effect in Heart of Fear, neither one gave me a warning I was silenced.
Reply Quote
4 Gnome Warlock
seeing as pvp is nonstop cc fest now, the added feature is pretty pointless. maybe splash alerting us when we are not cc'd would be easier.

Indeed I find it ironic that they took all of this time to implement a Loss of Control function to the default UI, because they admit the game has a CC problem. Did no one stop for a moment and say "hey guys, why don't we just remove some of the CC?"

If ALL CC broke on damage and more of a diminishing effect after the FIRST time I would NOT have a problem with cc.

But for the jerk locks that just spam fear you forever while killing you = BS
For the pally and warrior beating on you while stunned = BS
and whatever this icetrap thing I get into and can be beat on while IN it = BS

a mage can not do crap while someone is sheeped... should be like that with ALL cc's. you damage it, the cc breaks and immune for x seconds against that cc for x seconds.

oh yeah we were talking about the UI changes.
Edited by Jinka on 11/29/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
I don't see what's wrong with holding hands...

The world needs more compassionate people.

PDOA ftw.

Your character looks... awesome? I really don't know what to make of it!

Do I hate it because it's so ugly or do i LOVE it because it's so ugly? I'm confused....
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I like how you say that a warning "hey you're stunned" when you're hit by something that might be less than obvious is hand holding, but you play with DBM, which does the exact same thing for every possible boss mechanic, including stuff that should be outstandingly obvious, so you can tunnel-vision your way through raids.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Edited by Chelatek on 11/29/2012 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I like how you say that a warning "hey you're stunned" when you're hit by something that might be less than obvious is hand holding, but you play with DBM, which does the exact same thing for every possible boss mechanic, including stuff that should be outstandingly obvious, so you can tunnel-vision your way through raids.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

There are times I want to stand up and support maintaining a good level of challenge in this game, or making sure there is still plenty of challenging content for those looking for it.

Then there are times I just want to smack people upside the head when they whine about WoW being "too easy," and they have 10+ addons all designed to make the game easier.

(Also if people want to see what real "hand-holding" is, then play Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Suddenly, an optional addition to the UI/HUD isn't looking like such a big deal.)
Edited by Miaya on 11/29/2012 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]