Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

90 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Zanber
Kind of pathetic that we as players need an addon to remove something obnoxious that had no right to be in this game in the first place.

Even worse is that a GM has said twice that it can be DISABLED IN COMBAT OPTIONS.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I rather like the changes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I can't seem to turn off every ability turning red for the duration of a cc/silence/interrupt. It's very annoying when I'm trying to watch 3 opponents and 2 teammates. I keep looking down at the flashing red. It's like someone next to me making funny faces.
Reply Quote
Big splash alerts on my screen when CC'd, an "Are you sure?" box when leaving groups, and orange raid text in a party that nobody ever sees in a chatbox filled with orange DBM text.

Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

I thought you were talking about the sha of happiness infecting varian =P..... I always thought the add ons where to much about big brother holding hands ( aka addons ). Now that dad (aka bilzzard since alot of those in games things are now on in place of old add ons ) is holding your hand what gives?

Every one disable your add ons!!!!!
Reply Quote
33 Human Warrior
How dare you add potentially helpful, completely optional things for new players that might offend the sensibilities of people who are super awesome at a video game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Btw if shamans can't use totem while silenced (we basically are the easiest class to cc now) then stop druids from shapeshifting while silenced, paladins from bubbling/freedom, mages from ice blocking, priests from fading. Shamans have nothing now. Easiest class to cc now by far.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/27/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Daxxarri
I don't see what's so useful about it. Yeah, I'm CC'd... what else is new.

Some CC is obvious; others, such as Silences or Disarms are somewhat less obvious. We wanted to better communicate when these effects take hold, which is what the new UI element is for. Some players prefer a visual cue and a precise timer regarding when a crowd control effect will end to better plan their next move.

As I said before, if you don't find it useful, you can easily disable it, or configure it to only communicate information that you might find useful.

Well. No offense but there's certain addons that already did that and did it a lot better.
If you made it so you could customize it more, like make it so you can move the screen or resize it or something I think it'd be a lot more appealing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/27/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Phatpeipei
It is like WOW 5.1 is now WOW-Vista. You know what happened to Vista?

It got a few minor improvements and was renamed "Windows 7."

Was that the point you were making? That the game is almost as good as it can get?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The game also displays what ability CC'd you. You might know you were feared, but you might not know by what exactly. It could have been a Priest fear, a warrior shout, or maybe a warlock feared you.

Maybe Hammer of Justice stunned you... or was it War Stomp from a nearby Tauren?

These things might be useful to know.

This... this is a joke post, right?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/27/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Vail
Well. No offense but there's certain addons that already did that and did it a lot better.

We've added quite a lot of functionality over time that duplicates the effects of useful or popular addons. Naturally, there will be players that prefer the control or customization that those addons offer, but it doesn't hurt to provide a similar option in the default UI.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/27/2012 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
To clarify, I was mostly trolling. I thought that was obvious with the Airbender reference. But wow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Daxxarri

We've added quite a lot of functionality over time that duplicates the effects of useful or popular addons. Naturally, there will be players that prefer the control or customization that those addons offer, but it doesn't hurt to provide a similar option in the default UI.

Thank you for your responses Daxxarri, but from everything I'm reading people's problem isn't from the new LoseControl functionality you've added. You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.

The big question is: is this a bug, or was this functionality added on purpose and seperate from the LoseControl-esque functionality? Either way, it needs to either be reverted, or an option needs to be added so that people can still see their own abilities and the cooldowns thereof, while CC'd.
Edited by Azmoten on 11/27/2012 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
seeing as pvp is nonstop cc fest now, the added feature is pretty pointless. maybe splash alerting us when we are not cc'd would be easier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I like it. Also, the person who tried to insult Candyland and peope who play Candyland should be ashamed of themselves
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Zanber
've played wow for 6 years now and I don't use addons, Which is why this update is pissing me off.

I heard

Game menu > Interface > Disable Loss of Control UI

was hard to do.

Also, the amount of time you've played this game doesn't make your opinion hold any weight over someone who started in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

This does not stop your action bars from going so red that you can barely see your cooldowns
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]