Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

90 Undead Warlock
Big splash alerts on my screen when CC'd,

Yeah coz no one EVER uses addons notifying them of CC status
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
11/27/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Pandamonïum

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

How about we have defaulted to off and have people opt INTO it instead?

Also, name ONE PERSON who needed/wanted/asked for this. Ya know what we've BEEN asking for? Having the stinking fishing tourney fixed so we can go back to losing the tournament every week in an effort to get a title.

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

So, by that logic, why did we need more storyline added to 5.1; no one asked for it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Its very useful players who dont know what exact spells other classes use to CC it helps them to learn the other class better.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
11/27/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Nassin
For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

If you need the game to tell you that you're CC'ed, you have no business playing anything more advanced than Candyland.
please tell me you don't have deadly boss mods or big wigs installed when you raid.
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage

How about we have defaulted to off and have people opt INTO it instead?

Also, name ONE PERSON who needed/wanted/asked for this. Ya know what we've BEEN asking for? Having the stinking fishing tourney fixed so we can go back to losing the tournament every week in an effort to get a title.

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

So, by that logic, why did we need more storyline added to 5.1; no one asked for it.

Silly Rogue, people are constantly talking about wow's lore stuff just in this forum alone. NOBODY made a thread concerning Blizzard stuffing a built in CC interface clusterduck mess that covers everything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It is a nice thing right in my face as lazy dbags dont help break amber prisms, sat in one earlier today for what felt like an eternity after already breaking myself out with a trinket(was on human warlock).

I wonder if any of the UI mods out there will let us reposition it, right now it is in a horrible spot as it can hide the "bad" stuff, bad enough with all the "helpful" spell effect out there already obscuring our view. It is usually the issue I have when Blizzard tries to impement features from other mods, they are designed to be simplistic for the new comer and yet lack a lot of the features that the mods offered that are helpful. The power aura implementation was nice and works most of the time although has some quarks this expansion and no customization on size. The new raid frames take up way too much screen space for me even at 1920x1200, so I still use grid. Just sucks as raid frames dont load 1/3 times I join a raid, seems a far bigger issue that 5.0 brought in.

11/27/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Atharne
Further evidence that this game is catering more and more to children and the mentally deficient. If you need something to tell you you're CC'd, just gtfo

I am more surprised by how little of the get out of the bad stuff warnings there are, I know there was at least a few, though dang there should be some annoying ones for the easy stuff that players tend to ignore and place more pressure on the healers.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 11/27/2012 8:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Are we stooping so low as to complain so much than the euro forums? Stop it.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Minstrel
Is that what the crap was? I kept getting an annoying icon on my screen when I got cced.. I thought it was an addon, but if it is a blizzard thing that would make me laugh hard. There is so much CC, i really wouldn't want that crap flashing on my screen every time.

I know, it scared the crap outta me when I was on my sp doing dailies and she got stunned i was like wtf. I hope it all can be turned off.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
11/27/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Vail
I don't see what's so useful about it. Yeah, I'm CC'd... what else is new.

Well, for one thing, it leaves the spells you can still use lit up... so someone who might not know that they have an ability to get out of that CC learned something new!!

<3
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
11/27/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Honey
I don't see what's so useful about it. Yeah, I'm CC'd... what else is new.

Well, for one thing, it leaves the spells you can still use lit up... so someone who might not know that they have an ability to get out of that CC learned something new!!

<3

They learn that ONCE.

After that, it gets ANNOYING.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
11/27/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Pandamonïum

<3

They learn that ONCE.

You were already told how to turn it off... this can't really be that much of an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What a stupid, asinine thing to complain about. Turn it off, nerd.
Edited by Fudgesicle on 11/27/2012 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Fudgesicle
What a stupid, asinine thing to complain about. Turn it off, nerd.

Apparently not all the elements of this annoying feature can be turned off.
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage

They learn that ONCE.

You were already told how to turn it off... this can't really be that much of an issue.

Not all of the VERY annoying elements of the feature can be turned off!
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
I kinda like the control alerts myself.

Maybe Crabby could be brought back for the people that really don't get it.. "I see you're feared. Would you like to learn more about fears and how to avoid them?"

Yes!! Blizzard are you listening??
Reply Quote
Anyone remember when WoW was hard?

Oh wait it never was...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]