Way Too Much Hand Holding Crap in 5.1

90 Human Mage
11/28/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Maehara
Each of those things (and that's not all of them) slowly added to the game because they were just becoming commonly used by the community anyway and each of them equally whined about.

and in almost every one of those cases, the user had more control over how/where it displayed via the addon, than they do now that it's implemented in the default ui
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/28/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Anastasiia
Each of those things (and that's not all of them) slowly added to the game because they were just becoming commonly used by the community anyway and each of them equally whined about.

and in almost every one of those cases, the user had more control over how/where it displayed via the addon, than they do now that it's implemented in the default ui

I think you're looking at it like Blizzard is out to destroy all addon developers opportunities to create things. Since launch, they've always advocated 3rd party addons. The stuff they bring out that's like the useful/popular ones are just meant to give players who don't use them something similar. It's meant to allow players the ability to adjust the game to their own liking (within reason). How encouraging (and stupid) would it be for a company to blatantly steal the ideas and give users the exact functions that someone else created for the game?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I havent even seen 5.1 yet but all these threads are making me think its gonna be horribad.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

Ghostcrawler must need this.. I doubt he even PvPs much.. Considering that "Silencing a Enhancement shaman is like disarming a mage." /facepalm I would much rather have Cata then MoP. Blizz is seriously just wrecking this game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/27/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Fibromyalgía
orange raid text in a party that nobody ever sees in a chatbox filled with orange DBM text.

Complains Blizzard is "hand holding"...
...uses DBM.

LOL!

You win this thread.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
i dont mind it showing me how long i'm cc'd for, what bugs me is what it does with my action bars.
Reply Quote
89 Human Rogue
11/27/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Azmoten

I'll certainly make sure that feedback is passed on.

That's really all we can reasonably ask of you. Thanks a lot Daxx.

Agreed. Thanks.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
orange raid text in a party that nobody ever sees in a chatbox filled with orange DBM text.

...uses DBM.

LOL!

best comment in this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

This does not stop your action bars from going so red that you can barely see your cooldowns

This. There is currently no way to completely disable it.

this very annoying HATE it should be some way to disable it
Reply Quote
87 Orc Mage
Hand-holding crap is not new OP
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
If you don't like it turn it off. Why is there an entire thread about how people don't like this when it is OPTIONAL.
Reply Quote
YOU CAN DISABLE IT

FFS, stop the stupid complaining.

YES BUT IT STILL TURNS MY ACTION BARS RED AND HIDES MY ABILITIES COOLDOWNS EVEN WHILE DISABLED.

FFS, stop posting blindly and actually read the thread to find out what people are actually complaining about.

THIS.

I don't even mind the pop up, it's the damn red fog of death that covers my cds that I can't opt out of.
Reply Quote

...uses DBM.

LOL!

You win the internet for 1 day.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Liquorcrack
If you don't like it turn it off. Why is there an entire thread about how people don't like this when it is OPTIONAL.

How many times are people going to say this without reading the thread.

ONLY PART OF THIS FEATURE CAN BE DISABLED, YOU CANNOT DISABLE THE RED FOG WHICH DISTRACTS, ANNOYS, AND OBSCURES YOUR CD'S.
Edited by Boil on 11/28/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
11/27/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Stormtides
Big splash alerts on my screen when CC'd

This really just removes the need for addons that involve alerting you when CCed.

This feature is actually really amazing. And, I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure I sometimes accidently trinketed a root because I thought I was CCed. :|
Reply Quote
76 Human Warlock
11/27/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Nassin

If you need the game to tell you that you're CC'ed, you have no business playing anything more advanced than Candyland.

LOVE THIS LOL
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/27/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

I find it weird that this new Loss of Control thing was enabled by default.. but that new Instance chat thing wasn't.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/27/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Stormtides
Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.

I think that they're great and I'm pretty much everybody understands them just fine. The problem is that you're ONLY looking at the opponents in locations like PvP. Instead of looking at the timers, people just clickclickclickclickclickclick until the timer is done, which isn't a bad thing... unless you're in danger of burning out your wrist.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
11/27/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Minstrel
Is that what the crap was? I kept getting an annoying icon on my screen when I got cced.. I thought it was an addon, but if it is a blizzard thing that would make me laugh hard. There is so much CC, i really wouldn't want that crap flashing on my screen every time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I have to wonder if anyone has thought that the reason they've added all this baby hand holding stuff is because of the sheer amount of bads and "casuals" that complained. It's become what everyone yiped about, it's still a fun game but it's really been streamlined to fit the lazy !@# who doesn't want to think to play. That may sound like an insult but I believe it's true, I really do. In the end it all comes down to one thing - gear.

All the complaints revolved around one thing - getting gear, making it easier to get; every one of these little changes were meant to make the game easier and to appease the "I don't want to think, I have a life" crowd. Now you see what you've done to it, thanks much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]