Nightelves and warlocks.. Friendly?

66 Human Priest
I recently had Lexi here sitting in the Cathedral square working on putting holy runes into her staff when she noticed a warlock sitting on a post with her demon near by. Being prejudiced (which most alliance toons have more than ample reason too) and a young new priestess she walked over and timidly asked the woman to get rid of it. The woman politely responded saying that during wartimes that demons are allowed out. Dani, being unsure and not in the political know, said that was fine and if she could at least leave the Cathedral Square. Well something totally unrelated happened and Dani left the warlock for a moment to see if she could help. Upon returning two nelves were sitting there saying that Dani was incredibly rude and she (the warlock) with her demon would always be allowed in Darnassus..... Tell me I am not in the wrong here saying that if any race would hate the demons more than orcs would be Nelves... Considering the War of the Ancients... Now Dani is well read and brought this up, and I was promptly put on ignore.. Any tips on how I should handle this in the future? Or if I did this correctly, any help would be appreciated greatly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Yeah, those were terrible elves. The Kaldorei HATE demons, and would just as likely kill the warlock herself, not just the demon, if they saw that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
They were not smart. You are in the right here.
Reply Quote
66 Human Priest
Thanks Kama! Also, I saw your post about your failing happiness in rp. If you ever want to roleplay I am up for it, mind you Lexi is somewhat timid and frightened of most men. But after the intial awkwardness she really opens up! Hope to see you game side <3
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Surely, it varies from elf to elf. Which means it's a little strange that two elves speak on behalf of Darnassus.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Get out of my shoes, Enekie.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
You're not even wearing shoes!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Syra is by and far much younger than most Kaldorei; she's much more tolerant of magic users having a right to use magic (or breathe, for that matter), but use or mention of fel magic will render her just as quick to turn rabid, if not attempting to decapitate a summoned demon outright. Being so close to nature as a people, most Kaldorei recoil at the use of fel magic or any power that corrupts the ground beneath their feet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'd be dubious of any kaldorei in Stormwind, to begin with.
Reply Quote
66 Human Priest
Thanks for all the feed back, wow even Enekie (I feel special). But also I was wondering, why would you be dubious to Nightelves being in Stormwind?
Reply Quote
You can only take a race's hatred of a certain class or another race so far. Whether or not your character (or their race/faction/empire) likes warlocks, or rogues, or death knights... you still have to interact with those people, from both an IC and OOC standpoint. The IC standpoint is obvious (you are allies whether you like it or not)...

... but what people often forget is that behind that character is another player, and sometimes it is very easy to push the boundaries of insulting/hating a character and hating the player of that character.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/01/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Dancath
Thanks for all the feed back, wow even Enekie (I feel special). But also I was wondering, why would you be dubious to Nightelves being in Stormwind?

Enekie will post on any thread dealing with Night Elves, the destruction of the Horde/Alliance lore or misogyny.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/01/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Lansuer

Enekie will post on any thread dealing with Night Elves, the destruction of the Horde/Alliance lore or misogyny.

You forgot Thrall! D:
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
12/01/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Zieto
You forgot Thrall! D:

To be fair, that deals with the Destruction of Horde/Alliance lore.
Reply Quote
94 Human Death Knight
Most non warlocks dislike or have severe prejudice against warlocks. Lorewise, we know that warlocks hide their identity, otherwise they would be hunted down.

Night elves? Those guys hate any and all kind of fel magic.
Edited by Kalad on 12/1/2012 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/01/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Zieto
You forgot Thrall! D:

That thread took off.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Pretty much all non warlocks dislike or have severe prejudice against warlocks. Lorewise, we know that warlocks hide their identity, otherwise they would be hunted down.

This is baffling. We've been part of the Alliance for...how long now? Ten years? More?

Surely, the Night Elves have evolved, as a culture and characters, to where they can look at a human warlock wearing Alliance colors and a dude in dark clothes cackling over the cauldron and tell the difference.
Reply Quote
94 Human Death Knight
Pretty much all non warlocks dislike or have severe prejudice against warlocks. Lorewise, we know that warlocks hide their identity, otherwise they would be hunted down.

This is baffling. We've been part of the Alliance for...how long now? Ten years? More?

Surely, the Night Elves have evolved, as a culture and characters, to where they can look at a human warlock wearing Alliance colors and a dude in dark clothes cackling over the cauldron and tell the difference.

So, they "evolved" in 5 years enough to let go a grudge (deep hate actually) that they had for over 10 thousand years.

They probably turn a blind eye. It doesn't mean they like having warlock as allies. We also never saw alliance military employing warlocks (different from the horde, which already did multiple times). The alliance officially abhors warlocks. Due to gameplay reasons thought, they are "tolerated".
Edited by Kalad on 12/1/2012 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Well, they had a pretty severe hatred of arcane magic, as well, and they got over that in a hurry.
Reply Quote
94 Human Death Knight
12/01/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Enekie
Well, they had a pretty severe hatred of arcane magic, as well, and they got over that in a hurry.

They hated the highborne actually. Due to their dangerous use of the arcane magics. Not arcane itself.

And arcane magic isn't innately demonic (even thought it corrupts the user nonetheless) like fel magic is.

Priestess of the Moon channeled arcane powers through elune. Moonwells are nothing more than concentrated, liquid arcane (directly from the well of eternity)
Edited by Kalad on 12/1/2012 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]