CC in PvP has gone too far!

90 Orc Death Knight
Log in, get into BG, stun stun stun stun dead, stun stun stun stun dead, fear fear fear fear dead, stun stun disable dead! get the picture? I understand CC, i get it blizzard i really do. But when i cant move, NOT ONE INCH for 90% of the battle.... im not enjoying myself, and im sorry but i pay to enjoy my games, not sit there in horror as im viciously torn asunder like a fly in a web!

Now feel free to flame, idc, because i gave PvP the benefit of the doubt. Im not enjoying myself when i can't move, if im not stunned, or feared im DISABLED! The ammount of CC crap they have thrown into this game is just sickening to anyone who likes to actually participate in team based PvP. It was bad before the patch and is actually WORSE now.

I used to play during TBC and recently came back for MoP, so you people need to understand what kind of PvP i knew and loved! I come back to this crap! NO! just NO! this is not okay with me and i have no idea how it is okay with anyone else. Virtually EVERY class has a CC ability now turning PvP into a battle of whoever didn't get locked down wins! NO THANKS!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If only you had teammates to suport you.. Teammates that could counter CC.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's just too much, way too much. IMO they should have kept CC where it was. We knew the CC classes and we avoided a 1v1 like the plague! No one ever ran up to a warlock alone and figured it would turn out good. But now it's just non stop CC spam fest man. I can't stand it for one more minute.

No one should be forced to sit and watch their toon get ravaged. Why is it okay to allow someone that much power? This rogue stunned me for 6 seconds, then once that broke i heal myself, try to go through my rotation and NOPE disabled, once that leaves me, STUNNED AGAIN for 6 seconds, This is not skill! I mean if i could do that to someone i wouldn't even enjoy the lack of challenge!

When i played a rogue during tbc they hit hard yes, but they couldn't lock you down the entire time! not once they broke stealth anyways! they relied on that element of surprise to quickly bring hp down and get out of there before anyone else showed up. Now it's just stun melee, disable, stun, kill, vanish! The cooldown on these CC abilities are too short!

Im sure this thread will receive a TON of hate, and idc really i don't. Normally i wouldn't want to sound like a crybaby but when i can't enjoy PvP AT ALL anymore... it's time to voice my opinion regardless of the haters!
I understand rogues have been put through the ringer. I wish they would just set them up the way they were before and leave them alone! It's like blizzard can't find balance so what they do is say OKAY lets draw straws what class is taking it in the butt this patch and which is going to be OP?!
Edited by Heartofice on 11/27/2012 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
54 Draenei Shaman
This thread isn't really getting hated on, no attention at all actually. If your playing a DK in Bgs, be prepared to be CCed and stunned. For casters, who need a good 2-3 seconds for a cast, our best chances of getting away from melee classes like you is to CC and "run"/"kite." I'm sure its annoying but if you factor in everything, the fact that you wear plates with a gazillion armour meanwhile rogues and other casters are more than likely in cloth or leather... Look, no one is restricting you to play a melee class, roll a rogue or mage and test them out. It's not we have unlimited stuns and cc's, its all on pretty extended cooldowns. Just because you can't "enjoy pvp at all" because your a melee class and your teammates don't help you.... Doesn't mean CC is the problem here.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
NOD
They'll have to seriosuly tone down CC now. The new Loss of Control UI really makes it more noticeable when you are CC'd. Constantly having that CC banner in your face will get old real quick. Before the banner alot of people,especially newer players would not even realize they were CC'd and would still be mashing buttons,thinking they were doing something. Now it is very noticeable that they are being CC'd. I don't use the new UI alerts myself,but for the people that do I'm sure the screaming is going to get really loud.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
NOD
11/27/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Dliver
If only you had teammates to suport you.. Teammates that could counter CC.

Indeed. If only people would remember that pvp is meant to be done in groups alot of the balance and nerf cries would go away. The game is not meant to be 1 vs 1. Team vs Team is balanced because both teams have access to the exact same abilities. Blizzard themselves used this as their mantra for quite awhile. And it's true. STOP TRYING TO BALANCE FOR 1 vs 1,BLIZZARD!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/27/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Nightsong
They'll have to seriosuly tone down CC now. The new Loss of Control UI really makes it more noticeable when you are CC'd. Constantly having that CC banner in your face will get old real quick. Before the banner alot of people,especially newer players would not even realize they were CC'd and would still be mashing buttons,thinking they were doing something. Now it is very noticeable that they are being CC'd. I don't use the new UI alerts myself,but for the people that do I'm sure the screaming is going to get really loud.

Really? Players were running in random directions with purple crap floating over their heads and thought they were in the hunt?

My nephew at 2 liked to pretend he was using the phone. He's 4 now and seems to understand the difference between real and fake phone use.

Even newer WoW players (4 and up!) get the difference between actual control and not. Um, maybe... Hopefully... Well, there's a chance they do anyway :)

DKs get CC'd. If they didn't they'd kill everyone, like warriors or any other melee. They also get a gazillion armor and hit harder when they finally get to their target.

If you don't want to be CC'd, run with a healer. Or play a ranged class.
Edited by Dliver on 11/27/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/27/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Creamball
This thread isn't really getting hated on, no attention at all actually. If your playing a DK in Bgs, be prepared to be CCed and stunned. For casters, who need a good 2-3 seconds for a cast, our best chances of getting away from melee classes like you is to CC and "run"/"kite." I'm sure its annoying but if you factor in everything, the fact that you wear plates with a gazillion armour meanwhile rogues and other casters are more than likely in cloth or leather... Look, no one is restricting you to play a melee class, roll a rogue or mage and test them out. It's not we have unlimited stuns and cc's, its all on pretty extended cooldowns. Just because you can't "enjoy pvp at all" because your a melee class and your teammates don't help you.... Doesn't mean CC is the problem here.
\

no no don't get me wrong, escape mechanics have EVERY right being in WoW for non melee. I get that. I play a mage and trust me man i totally get that! But somehow kiting and escaping just turned into this extremely obnoxious CC fest that we know today. I use the word obnoxious because that's the best way to describe the sensation of being totally locked down despite your best efforts.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I dont get why every class needs a stun...silence..cc or whatever it was perfect before...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
World of Stuncraft...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I agree with you. I decided to start trying to get a PvP set for my Shaman recently so of course I'm doing bg's only to spend half of it frozen in place or running away against my will. I can only throw down my totem so many times. I don't think I should be able to be feared more than I can use my totem to stop fear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Really? Players were running in random directions with purple crap floating over their heads and thought they were in the hunt?

My nephew at 2 liked to pretend he was using the phone. He's 4 now and seems to understand the difference between real and fake phone use.

Even newer WoW players (4 and up!) get the difference between actual control and not. Um, maybe... Hopefully... Well, there's a chance they do anyway :)

DKs get CC'd. If they didn't they'd kill everyone, like warriors or any other melee. They also get a gazillion armor and hit harder when they finally get to their target.

If you don't want to be CC'd, run with a healer. Or play a ranged class.

Wait what? My armor might as well not even be there as frost! People can kill me ALARMINGLY fast considering the Armor and HP. I don't expect to be a tank out there but frost is in a strange spot. They can't really do much unless on top of someone, yet every other class has some sort of kiting mechanic now. CC is everywhere now. And to top that off like i said we die very quickly once under fire. They just nerfed one of our only healing abilities.... i mean this is laughably frustrating man.

It's kind of like that song, why do you build me up just to let me down and mess me around! They make DKs GODS out of the gate, and by the time they are done... well you get the picture. They just have a nasty way of building a class based on certain strengths then taking it away. I wasn't there when DKs were gods and im glad i wasn't! I could only imagine how annoying it must have been!
Edited by Heartofice on 11/27/2012 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/27/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Dliver
They also get a gazillion armor

Armor only protects against mele damage. Spell damage ignores all armor
Reply Quote
54 Draenei Shaman
11/27/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Heartofice
no no don't get me wrong, escape mechanics have EVERY right being in WoW for non melee. I get that. I play a mage and trust me man i totally get that! But somehow kiting and escaping just turned into this extremely obnoxious CC fest that we know today. I use the word obnoxious because that's the best way to describe the sensation of being totally locked down despite your best efforts.

understood

11/27/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Jondus
Armor only protects against mele damage. Spell damage ignores all armor

understood
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/27/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Arlisia
I agree with you. I decided to start trying to get a PvP set for my Shaman recently so of course I'm doing bg's only to spend half of it frozen in place or running away against my will. I can only throw down my totem so many times. I don't think I should be able to be feared more than I can use my totem to stop fear.

I hear ya girl, it's madness out there. I play to relax and have fun. If someone straight OWNS me i accept it. I mean hunters roll me like im a ball! I don't even get mad about it because i get it. Some classes you just can't stand up against 1v1 but the CC out there has turned fun, into hair pulling frustration!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/27/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Smellydruid
I dont get why every class needs a stun...silence..cc or whatever it was perfect before...
ya it was, i loved it back then and wish i never quit and just soaked it all in lol! SIGH. I want to continue to build on my PvP gear but its starting to feel more like a chore. I find myself feeling forced to do PvP that i don't want to do anymore, just to remain relevant out there!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I agree. Stuns are no fun to receive and cheap to give. When I think about them I don't log on. It's just not fun anymore. Who in the world would enjoy loss of character control? Even the NPCs use them since MoP. It's a new idea to refresh WoW but it is a bad idea. I voted with my feet and play F2P Starter Edition bgs instead because they are more fluid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/27/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Miaochi
I agree. Stuns are no fun to receive and cheap to give. When I think about them I don't log on. It's just not fun anymore. Who in the world would enjoy loss of character control? Even the NPCs use them since MoP. It's a new idea to refresh WoW but it is a bad idea. I voted with my feet and play F2P Starter Edition bgs instead because they are more fluid.

I never thought of that, i bet it's kind of like vanilla! Too bad DK's are obviously not able to participate. Wow, the idea of a mostly twink free CC free bg is VERY appealing! A sudden realization of how many bad !@# lvl 20's are cruising around out there lol! Polishing the lvl 20 to perfection!
Edited by Heartofice on 11/27/2012 11:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
oh look a BUMP in teh road!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have to agree, the CC in PvP is insanely out of control. Couple that with the burst of some classes and you can die in a couple seconds, with zero ability to do anything. Its pretty lame when PvP strategy is not based around DPS or healing, but getting a person to use their trinket.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]