CC in PvP has gone too far!

90 Worgen Rogue
Stop playing captian solo and try playing as a team I asure you cc's arent as bad when you have other supporting you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Take away everyones CC and replace it with Hunter CC. At least we gotta aim our traps. And scatters a short duration and range.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I agree that CC is way out of control. Also it seems that it's way harder for it to break now. I seem to be able to be killed while being feared or hexed. I've literally died as a frog before lol I wouldn't mind them scaling back the healing and DPS and removing some of the CC so you would have to work as a team to focus the target throwing out crucial CC at the right time instead of spamming the hell out of it for a win. Giving a lot of classes the ability to spam a CC is just plain frustrating. My plan personally is to finish gearing my hpally as best as can be right now and then quitting for a while and give them time to fix it. (if they ever decide to)

P.S the MMR is %$&# too lol
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Heartofice
Log in, get into BG, stun stun stun stun dead, stun stun stun stun dead, fear fear fear fear dead, stun stun disable dead! get the picture? I understand CC, i get it blizzard i really do. But when i cant move, NOT ONE INCH for 90% of the battle.... im not enjoying myself, and im sorry but i pay to enjoy my games, not sit there in horror as im viciously torn asunder like a fly in a web!

Its not anywhere near as bad as you make it seem. Sorry if you cant counter the enemies abilities, but thats what pvp is.

Countering the enemies strategy, and killing them. Every class has their own unique tools cope. Warriors have Zerker rage to combat fear/sap. Death Knights have a ranged interupt for casters, and Deathgrip.

If you cant move an inch for 90% of the battle, thats your own fault.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/27/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Alliiana
World of Stuncraft...

I think you ment to say world of burstcraft...where you could kill anything during a 4 second blanket silence.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm still perplexed as to why a Priest gets a 6 second AOE fear.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/28/2012 02:41 AMPosted by Chainra
Stop playing captian solo and try playing as a team I asure you cc's arent as bad when you have other supporting you.

ya okay lol, like that's possible when i join a random BG, most of it consists of trying to get players to ACTUALLY PLAY and not afk, and GL with that hun because 60% of the team=bots, no im not "captain solo" sweetheart, this game's pvp mechanics are BROKEN! And to top it off, finding a like minded group of people that actually know how to take and defend... GOOD LUCK! No, im done with WoW PvP, i "ASSURE YOU"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/29/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Fudgesicle

Because being able to deal out insane damage and healing just isn't enough i suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/29/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Heartofice

Because being able to deal out insane damage and healing just isn't enough i suppose.

I supported you until this post. Disc priests do not put out insane amounts of damage and healing like you suggest, in fact quite the opposite. We are quite easily the weakest healer right now in PvP.

As for why priests get an aoe fear, well, most other healers get a CC, so why not priests? And those other healers have more mobility than we do (look at druids, have the most CC and yet the most mobility on top of it).

Give me more survivability when I'm being trained and you can have my fears.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/29/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Ztex
Log in, get into BG, stun stun stun stun dead, stun stun stun stun dead, fear fear fear fear dead, stun stun disable dead! get the picture? I understand CC, i get it blizzard i really do. But when i cant move, NOT ONE INCH for 90% of the battle.... im not enjoying myself, and im sorry but i pay to enjoy my games, not sit there in horror as im viciously torn asunder like a fly in a web!

Its not anywhere near as bad as you make it seem. Sorry if you cant counter the enemies abilities, but thats what pvp is.

Countering the enemies strategy, and killing them. Every class has their own unique tools cope. Warriors have Zerker rage to combat fear/sap. Death Knights have a ranged interupt for casters, and Deathgrip.

Really? this coming from a Warrior of ALL CLASSES DUDE?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yo check this guy out, a warrior telling a DK he has no skill and cant use silence and DG lol! DK CC abilities are a joke buddy. DK's are the easiet class to kite and dance around, i rely 100% on getting up close. So no sorry bud, we don't all have a charging stun move to lock people into place, and we don't have a finishing move that does retarded amounts of damage. Warrior is one of THE MOST broken classes in PvP right now and you MFers need to be brought back down off of your highhorse! Thanks for supporting my case though LOL!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
OH and didn't they give you guys a Fear? YA! that's not OP lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/29/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Jazeraca

I supported you until this post. Disc priests do not put out insane amounts of damage and healing like you suggest, in fact quite the opposite. We are quite easily the weakest healer right now in PvP.

As for why priests get an aoe fear, well, most other healers get a CC, so why not priests? And those other healers have more mobility than we do (look at druids, have the most CC and yet the most mobility on top of it).

Give me more survivability when I'm being trained and you can have my fears.

Another person with a OP class out of their mind, priests top the DPS AND THE HEALING IN ALMOST EVERY BG, why? Because they can fear, they can do the cheap BS im talking about probably better than ANY OTHER CLASS! Plus they are better at getting out of it obviously because i see them breaking CC constantly! Seriously when was the last time you did a BG and a priest wasn't sitting on top of the dps plus healing charts. Why is that okay? Either your a bad !@# healer or DPS but giving you guys both... no sorry, enjoy the nerf when it comes sweet heart :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I said what i had to say here, the only classes not upset are the ones causing all the trouble and thank you VERY MUCH for pointing that out to readers. I hear they toned down on priest being OP since i stopped but well... idc, its too little too late and the PvP is a HUSK of what it once was. Goodbye.
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Warrior
I've been kind of curious as to why EVERYONE and their damn brother seems to be getting some kind of CC no matter their class/spec.

Shouldn't CC, since it so greatly influence a battle, be a specific spec or or limited ability? As in, you have to specifically spec into an area to get good CC?

Seems like it would make more sense than "CC for EVERYONE!".
Edited by Baliun on 11/29/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
11/29/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Jazeraca
most other healers get a CC, so why not priests?

I don't have a cc I have 3 as a healer.

11/29/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Heartofice
i see them breaking CC constantly!

I can't break out of everything, learn what not to waste on me. Hit the guy peeling for me with what I can fade out of. Or make me waste my fade on something stupid so your ranged will hit. Then hit me with something to get me to use up my trinket.

11/29/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Heartofice
no sorry, enjoy the nerf when it comes sweet heart :)

The nerf did hit, we now hit like a wet noodle as healers and do poor healing as dps.

I really like the cc game. It allows for the players who study the game to excel and the rest to get steamrolled.
Reply Quote
48 Undead Rogue
11/27/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Heartofice
stun stun stun stun dead, fear fear fear fear dead

Sounds like BC to me. We now have Diminishing Returns. CC is less powerful now.

DR means that after a controlled stun/fear/disorient is applied to you, any same category of effect reapplied within 15 seconds (of the effect ENDING) will only have 1/2 the duration of the previous one. Third stun is therefore 1/4 duration, 4th has NO effect.

So, we can see that you're exaggerating, unless you are simplifying over a minute and a half of gameplay into 5 words.

Remember as well, you're a noob again. Get a trinket. DKs have great abilities too, learn to use them. Not even 5k HKs, I'd say you need WAY more to l2p your class in pvp unless you're a virtuoso, which I 'fear' you're not.

Keep trying. It can hurt to accept, but you are the problem. Accept that you need to play better to do well. Humility is a great place to begin on the road to greatness.

BTW, rogues are one of the worst classes in cap pvp right now.

: )
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
11/29/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Cadavette
BTW, rogues are one of the worst classes in cap pvp right now.

/cries

And I just hit 90, why tell me naow!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/27/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Smellydruid
I dont get why every class needs a stun...silence..cc or whatever it was perfect before...

100% agree with this statement.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Warrior giddy with stuns and newfound power ^

/golfclap
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So here's my question, say if my alt Rogue saps a player and I then cause damage to said sapped player, it breaks the stun and the fighting begins anew.

So why isn't it that way for all stuns/fears etc? I have no problem with you hitting me with a stun but then nobody gets to do damage to me without breaking it. What's wrong with that?

Also, what about forebearance? Sap/stun/fear away but you get one, not a dozen which is what is happening now.

Check youtube (can't I'm at work) for warrior stunned in PVP. There is a mage with 4 stuns in sequence over and over while doing damage the entire time. As long as that is going on, I will not set foot in PVP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]