BUG - Zen Flight (Possibly?)

100 Pandaren Monk
Pre 5.1 I used to be able to craft things like bandages while floating in air.

Now it says "you are flying" and won't let me, but if I remain in zen flight and go to the ground level, it works.

Please, fix this or revert this decision unless you are going to just make zen flight work like flight form. It's a small thing and it doesn't hurt gameplay in any way to craft bandages mid-air.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
It also seems to be randomly dismounting me for no reason when I get in combat (even without being hit)

And I am frequently dismounted after 1 hit in combat now where that never happened before.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
and by frequently I mean - getting in combat or getting hit at all removes it - 100% of the time
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Seems like a fix to me, being able to fly around and loot quest items/nodes/fish without being concerned about being dismounted was too good.

Good while it lasted.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
at 60% speed? no I disagree, plus there was nothing in patch notes and druid flight form is far superior to it already and now more-so.

Can we get an official response? is this bugged or intentional or what?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Still nothing? not even sure if this is intended or a bug...
Reply Quote
98 Pandaren Monk
I'm positive the dismount is intended, as it would be a strange "bug" to give you a parachute to break your fall. Blizz finally decided whether they should treat zen flight as being on the ground or in the air. I don't like it, but that seems to be what's happened.

On a similar note, please FIX Zen Flight with a companion. Specifically for Shado-Pan dailies.If I go zen flight 100 yards above a quest zone with a companion, they dismount as if I've simply dismounted, and start pulling everything below me, forcing me to parachute down (as I enter combat) and get destroyed by the 45 mobs that are waiting for me.

Please let companions stay mounted if we are in zen flight. I've been destroyed in Sra'vess a couple times due to this. Either that or don't dismount us unless we get hit. Entering combat is so buggy that dismounts happen waaaay more than I'm comfortable with.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
posted in another forum about zen flight being bugged or the undocumented changes, simply from that post I stated "completely agree with this its entirely to annoying when your trying to escape unfair pvp odds, and then being easily knocked out with one hit to come back to the ground, or pulled to the ground just for entering combat in some cases with pve mobs, hell if your nerfing the hell out of zen flight you may as well make it so druids get knocked out just as easily since they can herb, get quest items, mine, arch, etc. in flight form and then fly away and all we get essentially is being able to fish while flying if anything, and even then that is provided we don't get put into combat. on top of which there is no mention of this change in the patch notes nor hotfix notes that mentions this change so simply put why you do this blizzard?"
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
please add it to patch notes already or acknowledge it was unintentional

I got dismounted again today by someone else mobs doing an aoe dot.... flying around and one tick for 90 dmg was all it took for me to get dismounted mid-air into more mobs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It also no longer allows things like casting survey from zen flight.

If this was a hotfix or change, please, say so. Otherwise it's turned what was a fun and semi useful mechanic into something that's pretty much useless. It was useful but since it didn't read as "flying" by mobs, you couldn't avoid combat completely, it was just a slightly more convenient way to fish and do archy. It's not fast, it's not a mount - so why, pray tell, can we no longer do anything from it?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Some quest items are still able to be looted with Zen Flight well off the ground. Interesting that the ones without a cast time will dismount you while the ones with a cast time won't.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't see why you can't just dismount yourself and create Bandages? Are you THAT lazy?

And as to your first 3 posts...There is a great invention on the forums called Edit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't see why you can't just dismount yourself and create Bandages? Are you THAT lazy?

And as to your first 3 posts...There is a great invention on the forums called Edit.

Not constructive. People just want to know if the new lack of functionality was an intentional change. Myself included.

Seems like a fix to me, being able to fly around and loot quest items/nodes/fish without being concerned about being dismounted was too good.

Good while it lasted.

It never worked like this for me. Since it didn't read as in flight to mobs, I was always able to get attacked, and if hit, it always dropped me to the ground. It was an easier way to nip over walls and rough terrain to do archy or grab items, but it was never like being mounted, and had the same dangers so to speak of being on the ground.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]