Why we need to see LFR boss status

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Great, forcing people into bad raids. Thanks. Guess I'll just avoid LFR.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Bashiok
You mean the one that was deleted from Curse because it didn't work? :) As far as I'm aware none of them work.

So in other words since people have confirmed the addon worked blizz saw that there was a way around the inconveniance and killed it on curse because all the addon did was make it so people could get in to a new queue faster and not stay ingame aslong derping around with a bad group that can't even kill garalon or tsulong.

If a bad group can't kill an easy boss and a few people leave just to let several more join that doesn't automatically make the group worlds better than it was and able to kill a boss without wiping several more time till more rage quit because the rest of the group was terrible.

I'd rather see the group from the start and decide on how well they can do the rest of the instance, if we start wiping on easy things like people stand in stuff....alot then i'll base whether i want to be in the wipefest that is the endboss not automatically get thrown in with a group thats been wiping for hours that doesn't know when to quit and be forced to see it through if i want any chance at seeing a 0/3-4 group.
90 Undead Rogue
I thought that if you kill the LAST boss of a LFR dungeon, then you get a FRESH run the next time guaranteed.

Is this no longer the case now? If so then Blizz really mucked up.
90 Human Hunter
No, this change is really awful. There is literally no reason to do bosses after getting the loot drop for that week; we don't even get gold. It just takes time away from having fun and actually costs the player gold due to repair costs.

People are going to leave if something IRL happens or if the next boss doesn't have what they want, or if they're just sick of playing WOW for the day and want to do something else. All this change does is punish people who are unlucky enough to join a raid in progress on bosses they don't need anymore. I haven't been in a LFR that lost a significant amount of people due to a wipe for a long time so I don't know why that's even in your line of reasoning; people know the fights well enough that wipes are rare now.

It's a terrible change and really discourages me from wanting to use LFR anymore, even given the fact that I can just Valor up my gear at this point. It's not fun or rewarding to do bosses that don't drop a single damn thing. Maybe it would be a different story if they gave Valor as well (90 lousy valor for 3-4 bosses is NOT worth it), but otherwise the punishment for being unlucky and joining a raid that's killing bosses you already killed that week is so great that there's no reason to EVER join a raid that is part-way through, since the chance of you getting that first or second boss is so slim and you will be screwed over and over.
Edited by Chelatek on 11/29/2012 2:12 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
I'm slightly confused on one thing..

DPS complaining about 25 minute queues..Previously, if you queued and got a 2/6 run and chose to "leave queue", did you not have to wait another 25 minutes for the queue to pop anyways?
90 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Holypenguin
So it doesn't really fix anything.

It does fix something; it fixes the half-finished runs never getting finished and prevents 15-20 players from getting screwed out of having to wait an hour for their LFR raid to fill up again.
90 Human Paladin
aus
Read what I said, I said "chance" which is the same as most likely. It could be a really low chance but I have gotten Will of the Emperor twice thanks.

5.0 or 5.1?

Either way it surprises me, The odds are really low as dps. After a year of lfr across 11 characters I have never not got a fresh queue after killling the last boss in the instance.
90 Orc Shaman
11/29/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Ngatayou

Whine posts don't offer anything constructive/useful. I don't care how you dress it up or paint it, you're wrong.

It's wrong to protest a stupid and unneeded change?

LFR Q's for DPS will still blow and now will likely take me 3 separate queues to get to use all of my rolls for loot.

That's horrid.

Screwing over a bunch of people until you get your own way is not perfectly fine.
90 Human Warrior
What everyone should be doing, to be the most efficient, is joining and sticking with their runs to completion. If they join an in-progress group they can catch up on those other couple bosses they missed immediately after, and if they have the time, they’d be wise to down the ones they've already killed again for extra Valor.

The patch has only been out a couple days of course, but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system. An in-progress run is very likely better bang for the buck to your character power due to item level upgrades than hitting cancel over and over to get a fresh run and then hoping for a boss drop.

If you want to provide an incentive for people to stay because of extra valor, then raise the weekly valor cap to some level that is harder to reach. While 1000 VP per week does require some time and effort, it's not difficult to reach.
90 Undead Priest
Just nerf Will of the Emperors on LFR and then groups won't collapse and disband. It's the only fight I ever see that happen after, because people never do it correctly, or because its just too difficult.

It's infinitely more difficult than Sha of Fear on LFR, which is a problem.

It's wrong to protest a stupid and unneeded change?

LFR Q's for DPS will still blow and now will likely take me 3 separate queues to get to use all of my rolls for loot.

That's horrid.

Screwing over a bunch of people until you get your own way is not perfectly fine.

It's not as if we're not still going to screw over a bunch of people with this change.

1. I queue into an LFR group on the last boss.
2. I kill that last boss with them, angrily.
3. I re-queue and get into a fresh run.
4. I clear all the bosses up to the last boss, which I already killed before.
5. I ditch the group because the boss will yield no loot.

Valor or not, a lot of people are going to ditch, a lot more.
Edited by Holypenguin on 11/29/2012 2:11 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
So in other words since people have confirmed the addon worked blizz saw that there was a way around the inconveniance and killed it on curse because...

Technically, the reason is irrelivant. Any addon that purposefully negates an intentional function of the game would be considered an exploit anyways. Though this addon really DIDNT work, even if Blizz had shut it down, it would have been because of exploitation.
90 Gnome Priest
I thought that if you kill the LAST boss of a LFR dungeon, then you get a FRESH run the next time guaranteed.

It's not guaranteed, just highly likely.
90 Pandaren Monk

No, that is not the case.

The preferential queing system has not changed. The only -- ONLY -- thing that has changed is the removal of the display of 'bosses completed' from the window popup.

That's all.
90 Night Elf Monk
When there's something I want off a boss, or to complete the dungeon for achievement or to fulfill requirement to get on to the next half/dungeon, then a full run is what i need. When I'm only interested in valor then I'm giddy when I get a run that's on the last boss. It's a similar feeling when I queue LFD only interested in the valor at the end.

It's like russian roulette; I'll take it. The only frustrating thing is when you queue and the very first time you get the last boss, then have to go back and do a fresh run again.
90 Tauren Hunter
How about being more exact:

If someone called up my company saying they were going to ruin my product for other people until they got their way I'd show them the door and/or offer them a refund if they weren't happy.

That's not really what they're doing though. That's why the vote to kick is an option. They get kicked, and then the group gets a new player. Inconveniencing one customer to make another customer happy isn't much of a fix either... I'm sure we can agree on that.

True...except they're not inconveniencing one for the happiness of another. Got stuck with a 2/3? Kill the boss and requeue. Odds are you'll end up with a fresh run.

The point was that the player I responded to had a snotty attitude toward other customers. If one needs to sacrifice a kiss-butt attitude as a CSR to make sure that it's understood this is a snotty attitude, so be it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]