Why we need to see LFR boss status

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have NEVER gotten another partially completed LFR run after having completed a half-run before.

For example, I often will get a 1/6 or 2/6 complete on my first try. I accept it and complete the run... then re-queue to get the first bosses. I have ALWAYS gotten a 0/6 on the second try.

I can't imagine my experience is unique only to me.

This happens to me about 50-75 percent of the time. But there have been incidents where I've gotten a 2/3, completed it, then queued up and gotten another 2/3 right after.
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
I personally don't see wht the big deal is. If a raid is in progress...finish the damn thing then queue up again for the bosses you missed. You still get the points at the end of the day, fresh or not so fresh.

The deal is that if you first get into a raid that's 1/3, you complete bosses #2 and #3 then requeue, no problem. Suppose you get another 1/3 on the next queue. You spend the next hour to get through 2 bosses that you've already done (maybe longer if there's !@#$% in the raid who keep wiping), before you can queue up again for the chance at getting the first boss you missed? Either that or take a 30 minute debuff before we can requeue, just so we don't have to do the same content again? Either way, it's about an hour between "tries". I'm sorry, but I don't have infinite playtime to keep doing that cycle over and over again.

By your explanation(taking an hour) drop the group, wait 30 minutes, re-queue and wait another 15....still under an hour. WHat's the issue again? You get your points!!!!! NO matter what!!!!!
90 Undead Death Knight
No one cares a damn about "points" in LFR, they care about the loot that bosses drop. If the bosses are dead, the majority of people will leave raid and get a debuff, instead of just hitting a decline button. This is ridiculous to put on the player base. When you do normal raids, you don't have an option to "redo" bosses for absolutely nothing.

I'm sure if you kept getting 2/3 you would drop group like everyone, and sing a different tune if you kept getting a 30 min. debuff, because it's not under an hour. It is an hour assuming you get LUCKY on your 2nd queue. 15 min. for first queue, get 2/3 which you did earlier, leave group, 30 min. debuff, requeue, another 15 min.... thats 1 hour if your get the luck of the draw and get 0/3 on that 2nd try....

I'm sure there are people who get 2/3 more than 2 times in a row and either waste time doing bosses for 45 vp which no one really cares for in LFR (assuming the group and kill them) or blatantly get slapped by Blizzard by leaving a group because you don't want to kill the same bosses for absolutely nothing.
Edited by Aeolian on 11/28/2012 4:55 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4023884
Players who have killed the final boss in one of the wings of Dragon soul via Raid Finder will be more likely to enter fresh instances on subsequent Raid Finder instances that week. This should make it easier to kill earlier bosses that they might have missed.

That was a year ago. Outside of extraordinarily unusual situations, you will get put into a fresh instance after you finish a partial.
32 Goblin Rogue
This is a Catch-22 problem. Raids that start to fall apart have drama issues. So joining half way through is a crap shoot, the drama was removed or welcome to the soap opera.

PuGs are a crap shoot at best.
Community Manager
Right, so with 5.1 the game no longer tells you how many bosses are left for the group you’re being matched with for Raid Finder (LFR).

To explain why we made the change, let’s go back to the problem everyone was experiencing before. Let’s say a fresh LFR group is put together, they get two bosses down, and then wipe a few times on the third and lose 10 people who think they’re too cool for wiping. Now the group is down to 15, waiting for 10 new people, the queue eventually pops for those 10, and most of them see 2/6 and hit cancel. The raid still isn't full, the matchmaker has to go looking again for more people, and meanwhile as time ticks on people from the original run are getting more frustrated. Maybe a few of them leave, and then there’s even more spots to fill. Plenty of times everyone just gives up and the entire run falls apart, all those people are back in the queue, and they’ll be-damned if they join an in-progress run to fall apart again!

These kinds of things happen all of the time, and in the vast majority of situations it’s simply because people don’t like the idea of joining an in-progress run, even if it would have succeeded.

You may think we’re trying to be underhanded, but the reality is we’re trying to help people be more efficient with their play time. What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance. What everyone should be doing, to be the most efficient, is joining and sticking with their runs to completion. If they join an in-progress group they can catch up on those other couple bosses they missed immediately after, and if they have the time, they’d be wise to down the ones they've already killed again for extra Valor.

The patch has only been out a couple days of course, but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system. An in-progress run is very likely better bang for the buck to your character power due to item level upgrades than hitting cancel over and over to get a fresh run and then hoping for a boss drop.

There are of course other issues that cause LFR groups to fall apart, like boss difficulty, and those are the kinds of things we’re looking at bigger solutions for. Losing a couple people doesn’t need to mean the whole run is doomed.
90 Human Paladin
Right, so with 5.1 the game no longer tells you how many bosses are left for the group you’re being matched with for Raid Finder (LFR).

To explain why we made the change, let’s go back to the problem everyone was experiencing before. Let’s say a fresh LFR group is put together, they get two bosses down, and then wipe a few times on the third and lose 10 people who think they’re too cool for wiping. Now the group is down to 15, waiting for 10 new people, the queue eventually pops for those 10, and most of them see 2/6 and hit cancel. The raid still isn't full, the matchmaker has to go looking again for more people, and meanwhile as time ticks on people from the original run are getting more frustrated. Maybe a few of them leave, and then there’s even more spots to fill. Plenty of times everyone just gives up and the entire run falls apart, all those people are back in the queue, and they’ll be-damned if they join an in-progress run to fall apart again!

These kinds of things happen all of the time, and in the vast majority of situations it’s simply because people don’t like the idea of joining an in-progress run, even if it would have succeeded.

You may think we’re trying to be underhanded, but the reality is we’re trying to help people be more efficient with their play time. What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance. What everyone should be doing, to be the most efficient, is joining and sticking with their runs to completion. If they join an in-progress group they can catch up on those other couple bosses they missed immediately after, and if they have the time, they’d be wise to down the ones they've already killed again for extra Valor.

The patch has only been out a couple days of course, but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system. An in-progress run is very likely better bang for the buck to your character power due to item level upgrades than hitting cancel over and over to get a fresh run and then hoping for a boss drop.

There are of course other issues that cause LFR groups to fall apart, like boss difficulty, and those are the kinds of things we’re looking at bigger solutions for. Losing a couple people doesn’t need to mean the whole run is doomed.

Can't people who just joined leave immediately upon seeing that it's not a fresh run and just queue again? I believe if a boss is killed you don't get deserter for leaving so this doesn't fix the issue you're trying to fix really.

=/
What about the addon(s) that were written post-5.1 in response to this that tell you how many bosses, if any, have been killed?
90 Goblin Priest
Wouldn't making the Deserter Debuff "account wide" help more than anything. I know people who will drop get the debuff and just log on to an alt and queue right up.
90 Orc Death Knight
11/29/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
Let’s say a fresh LFR group is put together, they get two bosses down, and then wipe a few times on the third and lose 10 people who think they’re too cool for wiping

Not that I disagree with this decision, because I definitely see it as needed, but this is a bit of an unfair personal attribution toward those who leave an LFR after a few wipes. ;)
Community Manager
Can't people who just joined leave immediately upon seeing that it's not a fresh run and just queue again? I believe if a boss is killed you don't get deserter for leaving so this doesn't fix the issue you're trying to fix really.

=/

There's a deserter debuff given if you don't stay and participate in the raid.
58 Tauren Death Knight

=/

You can do this but will get Deserter Debuff
100 Night Elf Hunter
So people just leave anyway and then either get a deserter and log to a new character or stay for a wipe or two and leave.

I doubt this will really help all that much other than increase the frustration of players.

Unless of course you address why players leave groups. Some of the bosses are just harder for an LFR group to do. So you might need to tune the fights better to make success rate higher in a pug with no voice communication.
Community Manager
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Elepheagle
What about the addon(s) that were written post-5.1 in response to this that tell you how many bosses, if any, have been killed?

You mean the one that was deleted from Curse because it didn't work? :) As far as I'm aware none of them work.
4 Blood Elf Warlock
What I don't enjoy, is downing the first two bosses and people leave for the last. (Maybe he's Garalon.)

Now when I queue I get a fresh run, I have to take down the first to bosses again. Then, when the "what you would have won" window shows up, I see an item that I really wish I could have had! But since I took that boss down in a different group, I'm not eligible for loot :(
90 Orc Shaman
I am usually not prone to advertising things but WoWInsider has a great article about how to bypass all this rubbish:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/28/queuespy-an-addon-to-solve-those-lfr-queue-pop-blues/

Addon works perfectly and it is business as usual. Also certain models of the logitech G series keyboards with LCD display will give you the X/Y when your Q pops.

Enjoy.

Gosh, you really showed them!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok Blizzard,

Let's expand your Scenario. I queue as a Healer, I get a group that is on last boss.

We kill the boss.

However, now I still need the first two bosses. So I queue and zone in, guess what? The groups is on last boss, the one I have already killed. So I drop group as soon as I zone in.

Exactly what has this fixed?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]