Why we need to see LFR boss status

90 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
Matching random people together with differing interests, preferences, and goals is always going to mean people will be leaving when they feel they want to for... whatever reasons they deem necessary. If you want to have a group that's organized and sticks together, queuing to be matched with strangers has a higher chance of not offering that experience. What we can do, and will continue to strive for, is lessening the social burdens of being matched with strangers in an unknown situation and reducing some of the behaviors that may cause more degenerative uses of the tool - ideally through positive reinforcement, but that's not always possible.

It's almost like if you made a 10 man version for LFR, where 10 man guilds could do it at their own leisure, the problem would be lessened. Almost like it's a stupid idea to have a format that forces most of your playerbase to group with random strangers is bad. Shocking.
84 Orc Warrior
Ok cool, so in order to kill the bosses I need I have to que twice and get two 20 minute ques. Good change, thanks.
Community Manager
As a healer, I NEVER will do a 1/6 or 2/6 already defeated LFR. EVER.

I will simply place myself on auto-follow, and either afk or simply stand there and heal only myself, in the hopes of either getting kicked and avoiding said debuff, they'll wipe - in which I can leave without said debuff or they'll complete the run without me and I'll get gold or gear. Either way, I get what I want out of the deal.

That's a rather poor attitude to take, especially considering meaningful rewards are still available. Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)
Edited by Bashiok on 11/29/2012 1:36 PM PST
90 Troll Rogue
What I don't get, is why they won't allow us to Que for specific parts of raids. Say you go into a fresh run, kill the first boss, then have to leave due to personal issues or something of the sort. Now you don't need the first boss because you are locked to it and can't receive loot. Now all you need are the last two bosses, you should be able to filter out things like that, if you want to join a run in progress then you should be able to que for a run in progress, and the same goes for Fresh runs, if you want to que for a Fresh run then you que for a fresh one.

What I would do if I were to make a system like that, is when you open up the LFR Tab of the dungeon finder and hit que for what ever part of the raid instance you need, then another window pops up that lets you filter out bosses you dont need, you mark the ones you dont and if you have them all unmarked then it puts you into a fresh run.

There is nothing more annoying than sitting in a 15-20 Minute que as a DPS to get a 2/3 HoF run. Just saying.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/29/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Starien
Have you given any thought to awarding Valor points for each boss downed, instead of just the final boss? This would encourage everyone to defeat any boss they come into instead of dropping group.

Good idea. I don't see why we have to complete the entire run to recieve the valors. Why not divide them up per boss, even if its something like 30/30/30.
90 Tauren Shaman
Ok Blizzard,

Let's expand your Scenario. I queue as a Healer, I get a group that is on last boss.

We kill the boss.

However, now I still need the first two bosses. So I queue and zone in, guess what? The groups is on last boss, the one I have already killed. So I drop group as soon as I zone in.

Exactly what has this fixed?

There was a Blue post yesterday that said that your next queue after completing a partial LFR will result in it being a fresh run.

For what it's worth, that's exactly what my Rogue experienced yesterday. So maybe it's working? Maybe Bashiok could confirm though.
Edited by Gorganis on 11/29/2012 1:28 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman

I will simply place myself on auto-follow, and either afk or simply stand there and heal only myself, in the hopes of either getting kicked and avoiding said debuff, they'll wipe - in which I can leave without said debuff or they'll complete the run without me and I'll get gold or gear. Either way, I get what I want out of the deal.

Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)

wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com, correct?
Community Manager

wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com, correct?

Absolutely.
90 Blood Elf Mage

Maybe you could answer the questions regarding having to double queue, with the long queue times, if you get unlucky, since valor points isn't the main objective for LFR, but gear is? Or you can continue to ignore it.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I dunno about the LFR partial queues but last night (first time since patch) I actually got something besides bags of gold! A new hat from a token off Sha of Fear. I have zero complaints. =)

Did notice that when people left, the refills were much much quicker than before. Good fix!
90 Gnome Priest

It's not a great thing to do, but if they get kicked after even 10 minutes, they just saved themselves 20. I don't blame them for that at all.

I get it, it's all about the "me".

Well it kind of is. "I" pay $15 a month to play, and "I'm" using "my" time out of "my" day to try to run a dungeon. "I" give 100% effort when "I" play, even in LFR. "I" already completed these bosses, and Blizzard gives me no incentive to do them again, so why would "I" punish "myself" for being unlucky and not getting a fresh run?

Personally, I would complete the dungeon, but as my response said in my previous post, I completely understand when people find a way not to have to wait the 30 minute debuff. There's no reason you can expect someone to take the time to do something they've already done just for YOUR benefit. That's kind of selfish in itself, isn't it? Everyone is selfish... it's the way life is.
90 Troll Druid
11/29/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Pulloo
Ok cool, so in order to kill the bosses I need I have to que twice and get two 20 minute ques. Good change, thanks.

Wouldn't you have to queue twice anyway? Like, you see that you've gotten queued into a 2/4 run or w/e, but you're like "oh no, I must clear all the bosses!" so you leave that twenty minute queue. And then you queue again in hopes of getting a full clear, which is another twenty minutes or so, unless you don't get a full clear again.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Ok Blizzard,

Let's expand your Scenario. I queue as a Healer, I get a group that is on last boss.

We kill the boss.

However, now I still need the first two bosses. So I queue and zone in, guess what? The groups is on last boss, the one I have already killed. So I drop group as soon as I zone in.

Exactly what has this fixed?

There was a Blue post yesterday that said that your next queue after completing a partial LFR will result in it being a fresh run.

For what it's worth, that's exactly what my Rogue experienced yesterday. So maybe it's working?

Even the Blue here said it is not guaranteed to get a fresh one. Just more likely.

if it was guaranteed then many of the people who are not happy would be happier about this change.
90 Pandaren Monk

Clearly the solution to this is to put in random 10-foot deep pools of water into LFRs so that people who discover they have players following them can drag them underwater and drown them.
90 Pandaren Mage
11/29/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Ariktu
There is a huge difference in dungeons versus LFR.

No there isn't. They're both super easy to finish, and super quick, if people just take the queue and finish. The only reason people don't finish is mindless groupthink: they see other people didn't finish, and mindlessly decide to do the same thing.

You want the freedom to leave, right? And when other people leave, you want the queue system to find replacements, right? Well, if you want those things, you have to contribute. Sometimes you'll be put in half-done runs.
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/29/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Bashiok

Maybe Blizzard is not the right company for you? :)

I love u Bashiok hence the smile!
Edited by Hazzard on 11/29/2012 1:41 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Well it kind of is. "I" pay $15 a month to play, and "I'm" using "my" time out of "my" day to try to run a dungeon. "I" give 100% effort when "I" play, even in LFR. "I" already completed these bosses, and Blizzard gives me no incentive to do them again, so why would "I" punish "myself" for being unlucky and not getting a fresh run?

We ALL pay $15 a month, and we ALL are using our time to do dungeons and have to put up with you.

Gosh. It's like you're playing an MMO or something!
Edited by Smakke on 11/29/2012 1:31 PM PST
100 Orc Shaman
All right, I am fine with hiding it, but if you go in and get the final boss done, the program should automatically know you have completed the final boss and the next event should be either a fresh run or for a boss you have not yet done.

Plain and simple. I have never minded going in 2/3 at the start, just do not force me to do that multiple times please.
100 Human Warrior
11/29/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Vodkaparty
Have you given any thought to awarding Valor points for each boss downed, instead of just the final boss? This would encourage everyone to defeat any boss they come into instead of dropping group.

Good idea. I don't see why we have to complete the entire run to recieve the valors. Why not divide them up per boss, even if its something like 30/30/30.

So 5 more VP per boss than Normal raids? :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]