Why we need to see LFR boss status

90 Draenei Shaman

Customer service at it's finest.

Bashiok is the official Blizzard troll I think. No professional would ever give a reply like that.

Has the mob shifted focus off of Zahrym? Wait a minute!
90 Pandaren Mage
11/29/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Tipsyturtle
I hope somebody fixes that add on so that I don't ever have to join a LFR with any bosses down.

Who do you expect to fill in, when you start a 0/3 run and someone leaves after the first boss? And why do you feel more entitled than that person?
90 Human Warlock
[quote="71989655500"]
Only thing that bugs me is occasionally getting a "Ha ha you COULD have gotten [ item ] but you've killed the boss already so you SUCK SUCK SUCK HA HA ENJOY YOUR COMPLIMENTARY SLAP IN THE FACE" window that you guys for whatever ****ing reasons think is a good idea.

Don't you understand?
This way, you won't have the imagine what "could have been" but, like with the Futurama What If machine, you can KNOW what could have been and properly lament it.

I think a small amount of valor for repeat-kill bosses would help with this, too. Even 10 vp or so would make it more worth while. Or, as others suggested earlier, increase the final reward vp to compensate. This way people still go in blind, but there's some compensation for their inevitable 20-30 minute re-queue later.

If we can do a scenario for 40 vp in 30 min, why not get a similar dividend of valor for investment in time via LFG, and helping 2/6 groups?
100 Gnome Priest
What if you are valor capped for the week? What good does killing bosses again do? Or what if you have limited play time, and would rather queue once and get your LFR done in one go? This change doesn't stop 2/6 queues from showing up. It isn't going to speed up anything. Everyone who would have gotten a 2/6 and skipped it, is now forced to do that 2/6 and then hope the next queue works as intended putting you in for the first boss, and then dropping, creating another 2/6 for someone else. I don't see how that helps at all.

Matching random people together with differing interests, preferences, and goals is always going to mean people will be leaving when they feel they want to for... whatever reasons they deem necessary. If you want to have a group that's organized and sticks together, queuing to be matched with strangers has a higher chance of not offering that experience. What we can do, and will continue to strive for, is lessening the social burdens of being matched with strangers in an unknown situation and reducing some of the behaviors that may cause more degenerative uses of the tool - ideally through positive reinforcement, but that's not always possible.

In any case, I don't think anyone thinks any part of the game is perfect, and so much like everything we do it's going to be an ongoing iterative process. Feedback on what you think we can do to make things smoother for you is always helpful.

Wait wait wait, you just totally glossed over everything he said and didn't answer anything -.-

He had very valid points, the point of LFR is for people who don't have enough time to raid, yet this change pretty much is the exact opposite of that. If you already got the ending valor for that LFR or already killed half the bosses there is a chance you could randomly get into a LFR which has already killed the bosses you wanted aka wasting the time you already didn't have. There are some people who actually want a 1/6 or 2/6 run because they had to leave early yet that spot is taken by other people who might've wanted a fresh run and now they have to kill the same bosses with no loot and may run out of time. And then some people who have already killed the ended bosses could get stuck killing the end boss over and over again waiting for the random chance they will get into a fresh run. This is a very very backwards move, unless it's guaranteed you will be taken to a LFR run where you won't skip the bosses you've already killed this was a bad design choice in every way shape and form.
Edited by Trinko on 11/29/2012 1:40 PM PST
100 Tauren Warrior

Bashiok is the official Blizzard troll I think. No professional would ever give a reply like that.

It doesn't sound professional does it. This reminds of the response given for not being able to fly back from graveyards. We like it that way, if you don't, find another game.
100 Troll Hunter

Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)

wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com, correct?

You're the one with the poor attitude and generally I get feeling of rudeness from you, and your going to leave feedback in the hopes that he gets fired because he gave you a suggestion?

How about this one- go back to school and learn social behavior skills again.
100 Human Priest
11/29/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Naishee

Bashiok is fine...his humor gets the better of him sometimes. Would like a clear cut response though on the question "Is the logic still there or not that was there in Cata LFR that gives you priority on a fresh raid with no bosses down after you COMPLETE (not bail after one boss...but actually complete) an in-progress raid?" It may be that people getting in-progress raid after in-progress raid are bailing after one boss (so as not to get deserter) instead of completing the in-progress raid.
90 Pandaren Monk
All of this complaining, and yet this week is the first week where I've actually gotten fresh instances on a regular basis. People really need to give this a chance, I really do think it's going to make LFR runs smoother overall.
100 Night Elf Hunter

wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com, correct?

Double standard much? You can post nasty selfish responses, and when someone questions you on it you pull that?

All you care about is yourself.

He is providing good feedback. He is telling the truth about what is happening in LFR and what they should realize will grow with this change.

I see people moving off to a corner to die or taunting the boss right at the start so that they die right away all so that they can go afk and get loot.

The fact is most 25 man LFR groups have only 20 people trying to kill a boss and 5 who are doing so little they should not even be there.
100 Draenei Priest
I have raided a great deal, and in times previous to MoP, mostly hardcore. The LFR system is not perfect, but then what is? On the whole it is one of the things I have applauded Blizzard for. Things like this make me sense they care for the game and their game playing customers.

Blizzard's point about how people feel they are too good to wipe a few times, and then leave, about how you then have to wait for others, and how they cancel out and yet more leave, and how your best investment is usually to stick to it and finish it is very accurate imo.

But I do wish Blizzard would get out of the business of limiting someone like me from raiding more. The shared raid lockout rule limits me from raiding and contributing as much as I would. The limit of one run through a week per current raid instance limits me. And then the dailies thing means that now, even all the alts I rolled and leveled to get around it are no longer a real option. If Blizzard did not limit me so, not only would I enjoy the game more, but I would be a raider who would be helping others also enjoy it more.
100 Troll Rogue

That's a rather poor attitude to take, especially considering meaningful rewards are still available. Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)

I... I think I just found my new favorite blue.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
just get the addon for the love of god

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/queuespy
90 Tauren Shaman
11/29/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Martouff

If you've worked in customer service before you'll realize that it's not simply a game of mindless placating. Sometimes you need to be polite/firm. This even sometimes includes advising people not to use your product if what they want is unreasonable or against the principles of product or service you're selling.
90 Tauren Hunter
Completely not the point. It's actually a good indication of just how to get around the system, and he responded by practically insulting them, instead of discussing the issue. There's literally NO REASON at all to even remotely try when there are no benefits. 99% of the people you get in LFR, you will never see again, and most of the time, the only people talking are people that are a-holes or people just trolling. That's not really the core of the MMO anyway, so it doesn't really matter how much of a social butterfly, or how incredibly kind and nice you are in that group. That's half the damn problem with LFR anyway, and why people want in and out as quickly as possible.

None of this even remotely addresses the issue to begin with. What reason is there to "Never EVER" take a 1/3 or 2/3 queue if your next run is guaranteed fresh? Why put that jerkish attitude onto 24 other players, regardless of if you'll ever see them again or not, and make the run harder for them? It's asinine and immature.
100 Troll Mage

This is more professional to me then anything else really. He isn't dancing around the subject, he is being blunt.
100 Orc Hunter
Typical selfish people ruining this world.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

And when someone calls you out on it you whine like little babies.

You make me want to vomit.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Can we just write, like ALL OVER THE PLACE, that completing a partial run grants you a guaranteed fresh queue next time? People still don't seem to understand this.

I do NOT understand people declining 2/6 queues one after another to get a fresh run. You spend as much time declining those pops, if not MORE, as you would just joining a damn 2/6 run, finishing it, and requeueing.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Adiathna

Bashiok is fine...his humor gets the better of him sometimes. Would like a clear cut response though on the question "Is the logic still there or not that was there in Cata LFR that gives you priority on a fresh raid with no bosses down after you COMPLETE (not bail after one boss...but actually complete) an in-progress raid?" It may be that people getting in-progress raid after in-progress raid are bailing after one boss (so as not to get deserter) instead of completing the in-progress raid.

He gave you clear cut response.

11/29/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Bashiok
If you're solo-queuing you should be getting a fresh instance when queuing again after completing the previous in-progress run. It's not an absolute guarantee, but pretty close to one.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]