Why we need to see LFR boss status

90 Pandaren Mage
11/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Lilyira
All of this complaining, and yet this week is the first week where I've actually gotten fresh instances on a regular basis. People really need to give this a chance, I really do think it's going to make LFR runs smoother overall.

I agree, but it's not even about "giving this a chance"; we already gave it a chance in Dungeon Finder, and it was a huge success! The faster that 2/3 run fills up and finishes, the fewer people will be queued into it.
90 Draenei Shaman
Completely not the point. It's actually a good indication of just how to get around the system, and he responded by practically insulting them, instead of discussing the issue. There's literally NO REASON at all to even remotely try when there are no benefits. 99% of the people you get in LFR, you will never see again, and most of the time, the only people talking are people that are a-holes or people just trolling. That's not really the core of the MMO anyway, so it doesn't really matter how much of a social butterfly, or how incredibly kind and nice you are in that group. That's half the damn problem with LFR anyway, and why people want in and out as quickly as possible.

Basically this.

If I'm there with friends or guildies, and we get a 1/6 or 2/6 queue, I'll deal with that and plow through as best I can, because at least I have someone familiar there to pass the time with.

If I queue solo, I don't really care. Because 9 times out of 10, the other 24 people in the raid are there for the same reasons I am. Themselves. If you need any evidence, look at all the loot drama that occurred before Blizzard implemented the wonderful (no sarcasm, I actually love it) new loot system in LFR.
90 Undead Priest
I think I am at the other end of the spectrum. I queue as a healer intentionally looking for 2/6 raids. All i want is quick valor, i don't want to be forced into raiding a complete wing.

I want your leftovers! I know of a few people who play LFR in this way also but now we are all being grouped into one category and thrown into the queue.

Let these guys have their 0/6 queues if they want them and I will happily take the 2/6
100 Blood Elf Priest

Customer service at it's finest.

Bashiok is the official Blizzard troll I think. No professional would ever give a reply like that.

What is wrong with you?

Bashiok's question is perfectly reasonable. If you're an adult and go into a Baby Tots Clothes store demanding a new shirt, someone should say, "Maybe this isn't the right store for you?"

Truth is neither unprofessional nor trolling. Get your head out of your pompous.
90 Gnome Priest
11/29/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Gorganis

If you've worked in customer service before you'll realize that it's not simply a game of mindless placating. Sometimes you need to be polite/firm. This even sometimes includes advising people not to use your product if what they want is unreasonable or against the principles of product or service you're selling.

I've been in customer service for around 8 years. I'm fine with being firm. Being borderline insulting is never an option though.
90 Goblin Mage

Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)

I suspect that you meant that sarcastically, but it's actually kind of true. There's such a thing as a negative net-value customer---one who takes more from the company's bottom line than he adds. People like Niialuna, for example, make the game less enjoyable for other players, and in doing so likely drive away other paying customers. Driving away negative-value customers is good customer service.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/29/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Negåtive
Joining a raid/bg in progress is a real problem. I think it should definitely tell you that's it not fresh so you can choose whether you want to join or not.

It's like you haven't read the whole thread or any discussions.

It's a problem if you were a single player in a single player game. But you're not. You're in an MMORPG, where if one person selfishly decides to screw over a group of 20 people, there are consequences.

Repeat: being selfish and inconveniencing others in an MMOG has consequences. That has always been part of MMOGs, and it will always continue to be.

While LFR/crossrealm systems makes people think that their crappy behavior can suddenly be tolerated, things like the dungeon/battleground deserter debuffs and now this system being put in replaces what used to be when a server community becomes aware that you're to be avoided -- which honestly was all part of a healthy server 'ecosystem'.
90 Blood Elf Mage

Bashiok is the official Blizzard troll I think. No professional would ever give a reply like that.

This is more professional to me then anything else really. He isn't dancing around the subject, he is being blunt.

That is why he has avoided the core question right? The one about having to double queue, which just adds a lot of extra waiting time, and no significant reward, since you got the valor, if you even needed it, the first time? Never knew "being blunt" meant "ignoring the issues".
100 Pandaren Priest
None of this even remotely addresses the issue to begin with. What reason is there to "Never EVER" take a 1/3 or 2/3 queue if your next run is guaranteed fresh? Why put that jerkish attitude onto 24 other players, regardless of if you'll ever see them again or not, and make the run harder for them? It's asinine and immature.

Cause it isn't guaranteed, and thats the core issue with everyone here, if it was guaranteed then I doubt anyone would care. I guild/pug 25 people so I don't have to deal with any of it lol.
100 Pandaren Warrior
Well this won't be a huge issue to me, but DPS will hate me. Because if I join a partly complete raid, ill finish it out, then later when i get in a fresh one, I'll be leaving after the bosses I didn't previously have, therefore making them need another tank.
90 Orc Shaman
11/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Ariktu
He is providing good feedback.

Good feedback isn't explaining how you're going to just AFK/auto follow until you get kicked or until loot drops.

"If I don't get what I want I'm going to do X" = " Fill in the blank! "
90 Human Warrior
Ok Blizzard,

Let's expand your Scenario. I queue as a Healer, I get a group that is on last boss.

We kill the boss.

However, now I still need the first two bosses. So I queue and zone in, guess what? The groups is on last boss, the one I have already killed. So I drop group as soon as I zone in.

Exactly what has this fixed?

I think your mistaken. I have never got a non fresh run after doing one in progress.

I have gotten fresh runs often, most recently in Terrace of endless spring.
90 Undead Mage
11/29/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Moofaza
wowCMFeedback@Blizzard.com, correct?

Your veiled threat is hillarious. Bashiok has a complete point - maybe an MMO isn't for you. If you are honestly refusing to play the game the way it's intended to be played, than that puts you at fault, not a CM who simply makes a statement.

That said, I also dislike this. For now, it's not a big deal, and it will remain not a big deal unless a new boss is added in the future that becomes unkillable for the first few days (Garalon). If this happens, it's going to make it nearly impossible to get a group together who can kill 3/6, which means that we're either going to have to

A) stay in the group and wipe endlessly
B) Keep queueing and risk getting 2/6 everytime

I believe, personally, that players should have a choice of what queues they join. That said, if I get placed in a 2/6, I'm certainly going to do everything that I can to complete the run, and not place anybody on follow, or afk the entire time in hopes of getting kicked.

How is looking for a 0/6 group not playing how its meant to be played? By hiding the group status, Blizzard is encouraging people to not actually participate in partial groups that those people have ZERO interest in being put into. Don't put players that are 0/6 for the week into a 2/6 group, and there isn't a problem.
100 Orc Warlock
Ok Blizzard,

Let's expand your Scenario. I queue as a Healer, I get a group that is on last boss.

We kill the boss.

However, now I still need the first two bosses. So I queue and zone in, guess what? The groups is on last boss, the one I have already killed. So I drop group as soon as I zone in.

Exactly what has this fixed?

Is this a hypothetical situation? If you're solo-queuing you should be getting a fresh instance when queuing again after completing the previous in-progress run. It's not an absolute guarantee, but pretty close to one.

I think the change is absolutely horrible. If I want a fresh instance or just want Garalon, I can queue up and keep doing my dailies/crafting while I wait for the "right" queue to pop.

This new system wastes my valuable play time that I need to get every other (fantastic and enjoyable) thing I want to do in MoP done. Now I have to hope that I am not wasting my time by joining an LFR.

Here are two alternative suggestions:

1) Give people the option to queue for 1/x, 2/x, 3/x or all x/x bosses in an instance. They will be perfectly matched to the instance they want. This might not be feasible given the pool of available players, but still an option

2) Give those who are now "forced" to join an in-progress raid some incentive like you do for tanks and healers in LFD.

Note: the extra valor that you claim is an advantage of losing control of our LFR choices is no great reward. UNLESS of course you raise the weekly valor cap. Why? Because 1 time through LFR and normal/heroics plus dailies is more than enough to valor cap each week.

I lose enough VP to the cap as it is. Where is the VP incentive you were talking about Bash?
90 Tauren Hunter
I've been in customer service for around 8 years. I'm fine with being firm. Being borderline insulting is never an option though.

Calling someone out with the truth of their poor attitude is considered borderline insulting? If that's what Bashiok did, I'd rather have companies insulting us all over. We could use a little less coddling.
100 Draenei Shaman
I have to admit, I'm fairly irritated at this change because I haven't left an LFR run after a wipe since Mists raids have launched. I stick it out until the very end, and wait until we get enough people to continue the run when folks leave.

I'm also quite anal about having 1-6 in the correct order, and it irks me that I can no longer know whether or not I'm getting a fresh run or not. I'd very rarely deny a 2/6 run, and I don't cherry pick bosses, I just like consistency and order.
100 Pandaren Warrior
now taking a 1/3 or 2/3 Q if the next run is guaranteed fresh, Ill go with that, but theyd lose me halfway though the fresh run as a result
11/29/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Vodkaparty

Bashiok is fine...his humor gets the better of him sometimes. Would like a clear cut response though on the question "Is the logic still there or not that was there in Cata LFR that gives you priority on a fresh raid with no bosses down after you COMPLETE (not bail after one boss...but actually complete) an in-progress raid?" It may be that people getting in-progress raid after in-progress raid are bailing after one boss (so as not to get deserter) instead of completing the in-progress raid.

He gave you clear cut response.

11/29/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Bashiok
If you're solo-queuing you should be getting a fresh instance when queuing again after completing the previous in-progress run. It's not an absolute guarantee, but pretty close to one.

Yeah, I saw that...and asked for clarification right afterwards, and haven't seen a response on it. What criteria "ups your likelihood of a fresh raid with no bosses down yet?" Is that logic altered, or the same logic from Cata LFR (because I never had two in progress raids in a row in Cata LFR)? Also do you have to FINISH the in-progress raid to qualify, or just do one boss and bail? I'm guessing the answer is finish it, and the people getting endless in-progresses are just killing one boss and bailing or are deserting, instead of actually finishing the entire raid.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]