Why we need to see LFR boss status

100 Troll Rogue

Bashiok is the official Blizzard troll I think. No professional would ever give a reply like that.

It doesn't sound professional does it. This reminds of the response given for not being able to fly back from graveyards. We like it that way, if you don't, find another game.

Ultimately, it's Blizzard's world. We just pay a little bit to play in it. I don't find anything unprofessional about his response. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it needs to be said. In all honesty, I'm constantly surprised at how calm the CM's are day in and out with the attitude of entitlement and greed that is so common on these forums.
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/29/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Bullderp
Completely not the point. It's actually a good indication of just how to get around the system, and he responded by practically insulting them, instead of discussing the issue. There's literally NO REASON at all to even remotely try when there are no benefits. 99% of the people you get in LFR, you will never see again, and most of the time, the only people talking are people that are a-holes or people just trolling. That's not really the core of the MMO anyway, so it doesn't really matter how much of a social butterfly, or how incredibly kind and nice you are in that group. That's half the damn problem with LFR anyway, and why people want in and out as quickly as possible.

None of this even remotely addresses the issue to begin with. What reason is there to "Never EVER" take a 1/3 or 2/3 queue if your next run is guaranteed fresh? Why put that jerkish attitude onto 24 other players, regardless of if you'll ever see them again or not, and make the run harder for them? It's asinine and immature.

because it is not guaranteed fresh.

This is the issue.

it is not a guarantee of getting a fresh run. It is only more likely.

Until they make it a guarantee people will not be happy with this change.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
So, have any of the people complaining ACTUALLY had this not work right? I joined a partial group for each LFR this week. And each time I stayed and killed what was left, whether it be 1, 2, or 3 bosses left. And each time I requeued, I was put in a fresh instance. Fairly quickly at that. If this is how it works, where is the problem?
1 Draenei Paladin
It's very annoying to have a queue pop on the last boss, meaning you'll have to queue again, especially when you're sitting through 5 queues for 5 different LFRs (or more with multiple toons.)

However, it was more annoying to join a 0/3 group, have multiple people leave after boss #2, and simply be unable to get a full group to attempt will ofthe Emperor or Garalon, no matter how long you waited. Can't port out and quest while you wait, you're in a raid group. Can only hang around doing nothing in the dungeon until a critical mass gives up, so you leave, queue again, and start the dungeon all over. At which point the same thing happens after boss #2.

New method isn't great. But the old method was worse.

A change I'd love to see is the ability to queue for LFR, and have that queue remain while you switch toons and play someone else. Queue pops, and clicking accept logs (and maybe hearths) your current toon, and you're on queued toon doing your dungeon. With queue times of 2 hours+ for me at some points, this would help a lot. Instead of spending that two hours aimlessly flying around doing random pet battles, because I don't have quests, dailies, or farming profs to do on that toon, I could spend the 2 hours leveling an alt, doing dailies on someone else, etc.

What would also be very helpful, is if that you queue for 2 roles, you can select any of those specs as the gear table you'll get. It wouldn't be a case of queueing as just damage, then getting tank gear, but instead queueing for damage & tank to make queues shorter, without losing the ability to get your gear. For a pally tank to get the best 476 tanking chest, they need to run MV part 2 as DPS (will of the emperor tank chest seems to be budgeted lower than spirit kings 'dps' chest, plus the dps chest has a better type of stat, too). To get their 476 sword & board, they need to either wait a long time as a tank, or queue as both, and if they enter as dps, do it badly on spirit kings & elegon by staying in prot spec.
90 Draenei Shaman
it was removed because too many people were just shopping around looking for fresh raid and not entering 2/6

By removing this and making player come in anyway, the player now has a choice of helping finish the existing raid before getting a new one that is 0/6 or make them eat deserter for a while.

Sorry but the majority has spoken, too many are skipping 2/6 and making people wait on the last boss too long.

I choose debuff, would take just as long anyway.

11/28/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Palmstrike
makes the LFR the same as random BG, no addon can get the data on what's about to come.

Not the same thing. No loot in bg's. You still earn honor
90 Gnome Priest
11/29/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Dezu
He is providing good feedback.

Good feedback isn't explaining how you're going to just AFK/auto follow until you get kicked or until loot drops.

"If I don't get what I want I'm going to do X" = " Fill in the blank! "

That IS good feedback. Now Blizzard can try to find a way to keep people from doing exactly that.

"Here's how I'm going to get around that". How is that bad? It's better than saying "THIS IS STUPID FIX PLZ"
96 Pandaren Warrior
Download the addon "RaidFinderFix", it returns the old queue popup that does show the number of bosses killed.

Used it today to get my 0/3 run.

If blizzard intended to hide the bosses and theres an addon that makes them still show, that is genius lol
90 Blood Elf Priest
Whether I need 1 boss or 3 bosses, it should be up to us to take the queue or not. I heal, therefore I get a fast queue. On my dps warrior, I get a long queue, sometimes VERY long. Anyone that is a dps doesn't want to sit in queue, join a group that is on the last boss, when that dps needs/wants ALL BOSSES for a chance at loot.

This is not a very good idea at all. Instead of balancing out people who only queue looking for a new run only, you are going to get mass people leaving raid as soon as they join. And what if we don't want a full clear? Sometimes we might not need/want gear off the first couple bosses, and hope to join an already in progress raid. I guess I'll be using a mod or taking my dungeon deserter 30 minute break.
100 Orc Hunter
Bashiok, you are the man. People need to be knocked off their high-horse way more often. I respect anyone who stands up against people who have a blatant disregard for other human beings.
90 Tauren Hunter
because it is not guaranteed fresh.

This is the issue.

it is not a guarantee of getting a fresh run. It is only more likely.

Until they make it a guarantee people will not be happy with this change.

And why does it have to be fresh? That's the question. If you're guaranteed* a fresh run after a partial, what does it matter?

EDIT--

*-Yes I know it's not GUARANTEEEEED, but if the queue places you in a priority fresh queue, odds are you'll find a fresh run. All Bashiok is saying with "almost" means if there's absolutely no "fresh runs" in the queue, you may end up with another partial.
Edited by Bullderp on 11/29/2012 1:49 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/29/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Tatsumà
Ultimately, it's Blizzard's world. We just pay a little bit to play in it. I don't find anything unprofessional about his response. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it needs to be said. In all honesty, I'm constantly surprised at how calm the CM's are day in and out with the attitude of entitlement and greed that is so common on these forums.

The truth of what? Cata showed they are absolutely terrified of losing customers; hence why MoP was rushed. Bashioks flippant and stupid comment... won't exactly endear Blizzard to the current critics. Hence why it was extremely unprofessional.
100 Troll Mage
I've been in customer service for around 8 years. I'm fine with being firm. Being borderline insulting is never an option though.

I think your perception of insulting is clearly off when you're reading it to be insulted.
66 Draenei Priest
the thing is you keep getting that same blasted queue. you do. if you queue and you get a 1/8 or 2/8 and you cancel and requeue you will see it again and again and again until you join or the group falls apart completely.

in the meantime you could have joined, destroyed the bosses, then requeue immediately afterwards and get a fresh run to eliminate those bosses that were skipped because people already downed them.
90 Orc Shaman
11/29/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Martouff

Good feedback isn't explaining how you're going to just AFK/auto follow until you get kicked or until loot drops.

"If I don't get what I want I'm going to do X" = " Fill in the blank! "

That IS good feedback. Now Blizzard can try to find a way to keep people from doing exactly that.

"Here's how I'm going to get around that". How is that bad? It's better than saying "THIS IS STUPID FIX PLZ"

You are clearly biased, irrational, and petty. (What's new on these forums?)

Also, it's not the first time I've seen you complaining here, you seem to do that alot.
90 Worgen Rogue
11/29/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
That's a rather poor attitude to take, especially considering meaningful rewards are still available. Maybe an MMO isn't the right kind of game for you? :)

I could say the same of Blizzards attitude with this change towards LFR. I normally don't get to do LFR till later on in the week/weekend and it's always 2/6 out of the gate. This just means that instead of declining and requeueing I have to take a deserter buff or two.

LFR's are difficult enough but progressing from boss1 to boss2 to boss3 you at least get a sense of the group dynamic. Some you get good healing but dps sucks. Others have clear leaders and group flow. You learn that going through progressively harder bosses. Getting tossed into the last boss quite frankly sucks. From my point of view, you're actually exacerbating the problem. Those that didn't complete it will need to do so anyways if they quit, use that pool of people to fill out the partially completed raids. Not people looking for a fresh run.
90 Gnome Priest
11/29/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Bullderp
I've been in customer service for around 8 years. I'm fine with being firm. Being borderline insulting is never an option though.

Calling someone out with the truth of their poor attitude is considered borderline insulting? If that's what Bashiok did, I'd rather have companies insulting us all over. We could use a little less coddling.

So if you call me with a problem because of the performance of our product, or because our company changed a product in a way that you weren't happy with, and you called me, you would be happy with a response of "Maybe our company isn't for you then"?

I'm sure nearly 100% of the customers I'd say that to would flip out and report my business to the BBB.
90 Tauren Druid
11/29/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Zabarr
This just means that instead of declining and requeueing I have to take a deserter buff or two.

Oh no. here's this incorrect use of the word "have" again. I "have" to do dailies. I "have" to take a deserter buff.

No. the alternative is that you either A) Don't use LFR; or B) Take it, and instead of getting deserter buff, KILL THE BOSS!

Whatta concept
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]