Why doesn't Bliz release *full* patch notes?

90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
I do appreciate the amount work needed for these things. However, neglecting some can be quite fatal, such as getting knocked off Zen Flight when taking damage. Granted that I do parachute down, but I did parachute into a full 40 man raid taking on the Sha of Anger.
Reply Quote
27 Draenei Shaman

I compile the notes, so I should probably explain a bit.

How did the time changes not make it into patch notes? Seems to be a major change, especially with their effect on Dailies. That should have been in the notes, so that folks who read the notes on the launcher, and don't visit the forums, would be aware of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/28/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Daxxarri
So it's just coincidence that almost all of the stuff that you "forgot" to put in the patch notes are things that negatively impact the game?

I have a question for you:

Do you really think that we believe that players are happier to find these things out on accident, with no warning? That somehow we think we can slip things by un-detected, when logic, history, and all evidence points to the contrary?

What's the advantage there?

Edit: Before any one asks what my answer has to do with the topic, it is pretty simple: I feel treated like an imbecile by Blizzard, below is why.

We don't know if you would do that for an "advantage" or not. Hell, we don't know what your company thinks, that's exactly the problem. In your company's baffling lack in common sense, good amount of contradictions, and sometimes lack of transparency made your credibility with the community go down the drain. And as you said, logic, history, and evidence show this, such as:

1- Ignoring feedback: Beta feedback was given, crapbombs went Live anyway.

2- Contradictions: Giving a cast then removing Hungering Cold under the premise "it is instant CC that affects many people" then giving a spell with almost identical properties to Paladin, Blinding Light

3- Ghostcrawler treating us like idiots and dismissing all the video evidence provided about Taste for Blood being broken by telling "TfB in PvP is very rare. However, bc it's so rare, nerfing it would have little balance impact but might stop flashy videos.", when people were getting 1 shotted in a Charge.

4- The sheer incompetence of taking 5 weeks to fix a problem with Hunter's Stampede in Arena

5- Another common sense fail: Lose of character control on default UI. Does any one there PvP? Who's genius was the idea of turning the skills in the bar red, resembling a lockout. Wich btw, amateur people already fixed using in-game scripts, but a multi-million company can't release a hotfix to this kind of problem.

TL;DR: Me and many people are tired of your company, and why is that? Cause Blizzard is not a synonymous to excellence like it used to be. Today, when things like the mentioned above happens, all we think is "Well, it's Blizzard".

Have a nice day.
Edited by Voidius on 11/28/2012 10:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Irøh
I do appreciate the amount work needed for these things. However, neglecting some can be quite fatal, such as getting knocked off Zen Flight when taking damage. Granted that I do parachute down, but I did parachute into a full 40 man raid taking on the Sha of Anger.

Rofl, thats a lil funny tho xD
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri
The advantage is you can simply ignore addressing the issue like is almost always done with "stealth nerfs." Just change it and not say a word.

I still don't see how that's an advantage. We always have the option of discussing a topic or not. 'Hiding' something would just make people grumpier when it sneaks up on them, which makes it even harder to speak about it in a constructive atmosphere.

I'll be honest: I'm having a hard time picturing how you think things work around here. I admit to having a nice diabolic cackle now and then, but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time.

o.o I don't know if this was said or not, as I only read the blues so far, but I just had this image of a protoss that looked like Daxxarri acting like the baddie from Inspector Gadget... o.o

I then proceeded to laugh...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/28/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Alanahlia
but it's not like I'm sitting in front of a bank of monitors each filled with an angry forum thread, stroking a siamese cat and telling my henchmen that they've failed me for the last time.
... You aren't?
Hopes and dreams shattered...

Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

It's a white chinchilla cat, same as Blofeld.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Here is an idea that might really help alleviate the suspicions of players who feel slighted by omissions that occur:

do a video diary while compiling a patch, then release it with the patch.

That way people can see how things go on in the background, feel more comfortable, and this part of the game doesn't feel as unnecessarily secretive.

So many of the other players in development or even management have felt more available to the players.

You guys are like the surgeons operating on the heart of our gameplay, yet I've never felt like I met you. Wouldn't you want to meet your surgeon?

Ok, I'm done laying it on a little thick.

Now can I have that Oreo someone promised me?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm not sure I'd be interested in seeing all the "changed doodad_3_blue to doodad_4_green" statements a full list might contain.

They release what they feel is important to the players. Some thing slip through the cracks at times. But we get most of the good stuff.

Oh really? So the holy power nerf to healers wasn't important? The Holy PvP4pc nerf wasn't important?

Open your eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/28/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We don't shy away from providing information that needs to be provided,

I almost took off my tinfoil hat, then I read this sentence, haha you almost got me!
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
Or, if you don't think the whole player base needs all the patch notes. Make a post with an abridged version. At the end link to the full patch notes. Easy!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yes but businesses are there to SATISFY the customers.

Are you satisfied finding a nerf on your class that you were never told about?

Are you satisfied that Blizzard refuses to respond to any threads about nerfs (I.E. SHAMANS)?

Believe me. Im sure as hell not.

I don't even see Blizz as a business anymore. Businesses in real life do not drastically change things every couple of months. For example the biggest change I ever saw at a fast food joint was new items on the menu.

You familiar with the restaurant chain Ruby Tuesdays? They completely changed their look, their menu, staff dress code, everything. It happens.

As for Wow, as an MMO I guess they feel they need to keep changing. Despite claims that Vanilla was the perfect utopia of gaming I seriously doubt if Blizzard made no changes to the game at all they would be as successful.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/28/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Cumamdara
do a video diary while compiling a patch, then release it with the patch.

Despite the game being disappointing, I have to admit that Warhammer Online had some really entertaining video diaries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOrSr6Q3_o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You familiar with the restaurant chain Ruby Tuesdays? They completely changed their look, their menu, staff dress code, everything. It happens.

As for Wow, as an MMO I guess they feel they need to keep changing. Despite claims that Vanilla was the perfect utopia of gaming I seriously doubt if Blizzard made no changes to the game at all they would be as successful.

Not familiar, I live in Australia dunno if we even have that haha

Youre definately right though, blizzard has an obsession with changes. They will rework each Class for MoP then redo them all for the next expansion. Why? Who knows.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What I find funny is people sticking behind Blizzard on this.

Its like common answer is I would rather have the changes come out without the patch notes then have to wait for the patch notes to come out before the changes come out.

Simple question even for the Blizz fanbois: What do you think takes longer to do, program and nerf node respawn rates of minerals and herbs OR to type Mining nodes and herb nodes spawn rates have dropped??

If you think its the first one then derp derp I cant say much more.

Whats sad and has been said a few times already here by players is.

IF the CM who is in charge of the patch notes has no knowledge of changes dont you think thats a concern???

Why bother having a CM if they are just going to type up stuff as the playerbase finds it out?!

DER
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Full Patch notes need only read - "We have noticed that there were still some elements of the game that were enjoyable/and or convenient for players and we have adjusted them accordingly." NOT happy about several things of late
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

That's not the case either; there are notes in virtually every update that we know will upset someone. We don't shy away from providing information that needs to be provided, and I'm afraid that you are ascribing a motivation to an event that is actually happenstance.

Then why wasn't the Golden Lotus/Spirits of Harmony Nerf mentioned or the reduction of spawn rate for mining/herb nodes?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Personally, I love how they had time to decrease the rate of node spawns in Pandaria, but couldn't be bothered to do something about Outland.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]