Blingtron ever going to reset?

90 Draenei Death Knight
I havent been able to click on Blington for 3 days now...he just phases out
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
Did you collect a gift from someone else's on an alt in the meantime?
They finally fixed the bug so it is one gift per account per day, as it was intended.

No, I can't get it on ANY character now. Not even once a day. I popped it Tuesday and haven't gotten a gift since.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I have only ever used this alt to click on him..my others are way too low and have never seen him
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Thanks, Sapperwix.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Priest
11/29/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Nataila
Look at that blizz tried to fix something that wasnt broken and broke more stuff

If by that you mean fixing something that was definitely not working the way they said it should work prior to MoP launching...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7305441 - Sep 18, 2012

We present to you, stalwart and talented engineers of Azeroth, the Blingtron 4000. It doesn’t slice, it doesn’t dice, but it does churn out gifts! You’ll have ‘em lining up wherever you set this new invention down in the hope of getting a special gift. (Gifts are limited to one per day, per account, to anyone who talks with him while he’s around.)

They fixed something that was broken and caused another issue, which I'm sure will be resolved soon enough.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
I note that they said only one per account, not one per battle.net account. They are usually very specific on that point. I can only get one quest per battle.net account not sub account. I am so glad I didn't make the blingtron on my engineer, what a waste of materials.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I'd love to get an official word on how Blingtron is supposed to behave post 5.1.

My guess is that it's going to be once per day per account, as originally specified.

I would love to know when and where this was originally specified. I would not have spent the time and resources making the thing if I even suspected such a thing was intended. Why would they want to penalize people who spend the time levelling up all of these alts with silly rules like that???

Edit: Now that I have scrolled up and read Kirsia's post, I am just sad...
Edited by Oldawg on 11/29/2012 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I also haven't been able to get gifts from my blingtron since 5.1 kinda disappointing when i see other people get stuff out of my blingtron and i cant
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
well at least he now blings out your gear. well not really.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/29/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Fleabeard
I also haven't been able to get gifts from my blingtron since 5.1 kinda disappointing when i see other people get stuff out of my blingtron and i cant

It requires you to shave your beard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/29/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Kirsia
They fixed something that was broken and caused another issue, which I'm sure will be resolved soon enough.

Except it was working fine how it was, whether that was the original intent or not. And if it was to "fix" it to how it was before it went live, why wasn't it listed in the patch notes?

Instead of leaving it how it was, they had to go and "fix" something that was working fine to not work at all. And then didn't tell anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Glad to hear you're working on it. I hope that it happens soon, and the pet battle dailies as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I wonder if they'll be giving us our missed out on gifts? At 3 days now and counting without being able to do blingtron.
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Shaman
11/30/2012 05:48 AMPosted by Naptíme
I wonder if they'll be giving us our missed out on gifts? At 3 days now and counting without being able to do blingtron.

I very much doubt it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/30/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Spanner

I very much doubt it.

I'm honestly suprised they don't just remove him because he's stopped working with their new changes.

Removed two tournaments brought one back with a "timezone fix".

Plus the days of Blizz giving compensation have long since past.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/30/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Chorigos

Never got compensation for any ingame changes before. Never got money back when mount costs changed or for the dual specilization. This isn't like not being able to log in for a week (which Blizz has compensated people gametime before). A few people may beg for compensation, me I just want the damn thing to work.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Never got compensation for any ingame changes before. Never got money back when mount costs changed or for the dual specilization. This isn't like not being able to log in for a week (which Blizz has compensated people gametime before). A few people may beg for compensation, me I just want the damn thing to work.

Got free days of play time way back when. Usualy due to server down time or matinence taking longer than planned. Haven't seen that in years though :(

Edit: I'm talking single day credits not week comps. I want him to work too, I'd also like CRZ to play nicely but thats not happening so I can only hope for bling to work. ><
Edited by Chorigos on 11/30/2012 10:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]