Prot warrior hp extremely low.

90 Orc Warrior
Any reason for this? I mean why does every single class with 10 less ilvl then me have more hp then i do especially with 2 stam trinkets?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Your health looks fine to me. Too high, even. I'd like to see some examples of tanks with higher health than you though (As in, ones you've seen).
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
the short of it is: other tanks have higher stamina modifiers built into their spec.

paladins get +25% extra stam for being prot (guarded by the light)
blood DKs get 9% + 25% stamina (veteran of the third war + blood presence)
druids get 20% (bear form)

warriors get 15% (unwavering sentinel)

i believe the reason is because we have more damage *reduction* tools available to us in our active mitigation model.

DKs get absorb/heal, paladins get reduce/heal, and bears get avoid/reduce (via armor). the power of warrior reduction (reduce/absorb) technically gives us an EH advantage. that's why other tanks have more stamina.
Edited by Rickotron on 11/29/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
oh hey, forgot monks. *blush* +20% stam (stance of the sturdy ox). i'm not fully versed on brewmaster mechanics so i can't hypothesize why they need 5% more :>
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
http://postimage.org/image/cf0ioi5r7/full/

1 million hp.

u jelly?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Don't just look at stamina modifiers, though. Check out what damage reduction modifiers they have:

Blood: 34% stamina, 10% DR
Paladin: 25% stamina, 15% DR
Warrior: 15% stamina, 25% DR
Druid: 20% stamina, 12% DR
Monk: 20% stamina, 20% DR

And of course other considerations, such as armor and active defenses. All of the tanks are balanced around what they have, which is not always the same as what the other tanks have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'd like to see some examples of tanks with higher health than you though

/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Basically any other tank ilvl 475 or higher will have more hp regardless of trinkets(iam 484).
Edited by Malkontent on 11/29/2012 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blood: 34% stamina, 10% DR
Paladin: 25% stamina, 15% DR
Warrior: 15% stamina, 25% DR
Druid: 20% stamina, 12% DR
Monk: 20% stamina, 20% DR

those dont correlate like you think tho bc there is alot more that goes into then that. i outgear the dk i raid with and we both missed 1 dodge on will of the emp last week and he took ~10pct less overall damage then i did with 100 pct uptime on shield block(pooling rage while dodging) and even throwing in some barriers when i could get away with it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
(For those of you that want to armory me i was at 5pct hit/exp last week with like 7700 mastery just reforged gonna try this out this week)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/29/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Malkontent
those dont correlate like you think tho bc there is alot more that goes into then that. i outgear the dk i raid with and we both missed 1 dodge on will of the emp last week and he took ~10pct less overall damage then i did with 100 pct uptime on shield block(pooling rage while dodging) and even throwing in some barriers when i could get away with it.

That's kind of the point of what I said, isn't it? Stamina (or health) alone doesn't mean much. You have to factor in everything.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Waniou
Your health looks fine to me. Too high, even. I'd like to see some examples of tanks with higher health than you though (As in, ones you've seen).

Thanks for the link but i dont really see what it has to do with anything. If i could get that damn mastery trinket out of monastery i would use it and i cant really stop gemming stam now can i.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Waniou
I'd like to see some examples of tanks with higher health than you though (As in, ones you've seen).

Hi.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
That's kind of the point of what I said, isn't it? Stamina (or health) alone doesn't mean much. You have to factor in everything.

When we are lower then every other single class its an issue. Remember back in wrath and earlier when pallys were the lowest they got buffed to be in line with everyone else? It kinda does matter when boss mechanics can hit you for ~300k+ cutting it kind of close. Especially considering less spikey or not other classes dont take more damage then we do to justify having THAT much more hp then us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Malkontent
When we are lower then every other single class its an issue.

Some class is going to be lower than the other classes. Having a modifier that's literally only 5% less than the next-lowest class is pretty close, and the overall spread (with the exception of DKs) is only 10%.

11/29/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Malkontent
i outgear the dk i raid with and we both missed 1 dodge on will of the emp last week and he took ~10pct less overall damage then i did with 100 pct uptime on shield block(pooling rage while dodging) and even throwing in some barriers when i could get away with it.

Got a log?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I dont wish i did tho.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When we are lower then every other single class its an issue. Remember back in wrath and earlier when pallys were the lowest they got buffed to be in line with everyone else? It kinda does matter when boss mechanics can hit you for ~300k+ cutting it kind of close. Especially considering less spikey or not other classes dont take more damage then we do to justify having THAT much more hp then us.

The point of your Stamina/passive reduction is about whether your worst case hit is more threatening that someone else's worst case hit.

The Stamina that you do have has no bearing on whether another tank will take 10% less overall damage over the course of a fight, especially when that fight is Will and the damage intake is dependant on how well you pool during the dance and use cooldowns when they're meleeing.

The melee hits that would do 300k damage to you as a Warrior are likely to do more to a DK if they were taking a similar unmitigated hit. This is what warrants the Stamina/dr modifiers. If you're trying to make a case that your HP is too low, you need to justify it by suggesting that you have a worst case that is actually worse than another class that you're comparing to, and probably also that this worst case is more likely to happen to you. "I took 10% more damage" (without even a log/screenshot to back it up) has no correlation.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/29/2012 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Malkontent
It kinda does matter when boss mechanics can hit you for ~300k+ cutting it kind of close

You take less damage to offset the lower HP.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Mneme
You take less damage to offset the lower HP.

Which is why i brought up will because thats the most 'even' fight to judge and with pooling 120 rage and rolling shield block and cds the dk i raid with still took like 10 pct less damage then i did. I will agree my damage incoming is much much less bursty and my healers can attest to that but still. he would have ~ 90k more hp then me if we were in the same exact gear....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Which is why i brought up will because thats the most 'even' fight to judge and with pooling 120 rage and rolling shield block and cds the dk i raid with still took like 10 pct less damage then i did.

Overall damage taken over a fight has zero correlation to your Stamina modifier.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/29/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]