Prot warrior hp extremely low.

90 Night Elf Druid
theres a big difference between loling at gear and perhaps gearing or in reality gemming slightly sub op. people should admit thats a difference between gemming haste as prot and gemming stam. especially with trinkets makingi it so easy to switch what youre "stacking."

No, not really. If anything, people lol'ing at gear are proabably indirectly going to have some of the actually useful stat for a given situation than people stacking Haste for the completely wrong situation (or stacking Stamina for the wrong situation).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
you probably could do the math of how much less damage you would take on a particular boss if you gemmed all mastery as a warrior, id guess the ammount would be pretty insignificant and not enough to make me want to lose my stam gems.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There's lots of math out there, and it isn't insignificant.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
i feel on elegon the difference between gemming mastery or stam would be insignificant considering the benefits stamina has. but once again its a lot of math and im not gonna do it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/02/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Onslaught
i feel on elegon the difference between gemming mastery or stam would be insignificant considering the benefits stamina has. but once again its a lot of math and im not gonna do it.

a heavy magic damage fight not supporting an only physical mitigation stat that provides little to no rage for SBarr?

YOU DON'T SAY

However, he does still melee swing and parry and dodge are NOT insignificant rage OR dps gains through Revenge. More Stamina wouldn't help you SBarr more, and SBarr is really really good.

DPS gains on Elegon ARE important, even as a tank.
Edited by Kickgruntler on 12/2/2012 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
so i should gem expertise for him?, i dont feel like doing that, look at me, loling at gear. i must stand in fire non stop

edit: only parry procs revenge i dont think thats anything to worry about though, unless i should gem for parry on elegon, i probably wont though.
Edited by Onslaught on 12/2/2012 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Elegon is NOT a high magic damage or a high burst fight unless as a raid there is something going horribly, almost unrecoverably wrong.

The Vengeance from his ramping damage scales beautifully to be pretty sufficient to cover the 2-3 Breaths that you will be taking in a round, allowing you to pretty much not even have to use big cooldowns unless you're stuck there tanking for 15+ stacks, at which point you're behind on Protectors anyway, but a SW can be used every time this happens anyway. The fact that his Breath is periodic is even better because it means it isn't an instantaneous burst, and you can Barrier/Heal in the middle of it.

The majority of the "magical damage" you take as a tank comes from .... *drumroll* ... Energy Discharge. I seriously hope you're not having to gear to survive that.
Edited by Slashlove on 12/2/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
When I see a Blood DK sitting in the Shrine with 600k and I'm at 400, it does kind of make me feel like 'Wtf were they thinking' but then realize how squishy they are compared to a warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/02/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Onslaught
edit: only parry procs revenge i dont think thats anything to worry about though, unless i should gem for parry on elegon, i probably wont though.

I'll take your word for it, I don't feel like believing tooltips today.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
*wince* OP, you take a lot of reasonable comments and dismiss them all without addressing them, and then accuse the other classes that you asked answers from of "holding warriors down".

When I first saw your post, I thought you were asking a legitimate question. Now I realize that you're just looking for an audience to whine to.

So I know what to do with this. Stop your whining and use your abilities more. If you have a full rage bar, you're probably doing something wrong. As some would say, Lrn2Play.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Revenge procs off both parry and dodge. In Cataclysm it was block too, but since they removed the CD that would make it constantly proc whenever you use Shield Block.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm sitting at 616k, I hit 700k with raid buffs. On some fights its super useful to have that extra buffer. Lets me eat quiet a few hits on heroic Wind Lord when solo tanking it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/03/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Feanorion
I realize that you're just looking for an audience to whine to.

I hate posters who do that. <cough cough>

Well, it's true! There have been a lot of good points in this thread, and the original poster continues to ignore every one of them. It's the only conclusion I've been able to come to based on that. The original poster isn't looking for reasoned answers; he/she has set his/her mind and just wants to spout his/her opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/02/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Slashlove
Elegon is NOT a high magic damage or a high burst fight unless as a raid there is something going horribly, almost unrecoverably wrong

When total annihlation goes off at the same time as celestial breath, which happens quite often to me, there is significant burst damage because he is also still hitting me. Yes, I have had a melee a breath and a total annihlation all happen within a second. Without a decent cooldown, that will kill most tanks because you have quite a lot of stacks by then. This is why we have 2m/3m CDs, to cope with burst.
Reply Quote
77 Pandaren Monk
the issue in complaining about HP totals by itself is that it is only one factor of a tanks survival. Sure once HP hits 0 your dead, but there are things to factor into how far your HP total actually goes. Armour, stance DR, active mitigation(s), buffs, Mastery, dodge/parry/block.

might do some math at home for some TTL comparisons

On a side note, just because the OP isn't listening, doesnt mean we cant have a nice healthy tank discussion. It's what this corner of the forums is for after all ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When total annihlation goes off at the same time as celestial breath, which happens quite often to me, there is significant burst damage because he is also still hitting me. Yes, I have had a melee a breath and a total annihlation all happen within a second. Without a decent cooldown, that will kill most tanks because you have quite a lot of stacks by then. This is why we have 2m/3m CDs, to cope with burst.

That's .... what I said.

You don't stack Stamina to deal with a scenario that is the only reason you even use cooldowns on the fight anyway.

Not to mention using Rage/HP to counter this by healing/absorbing/mitigating, and the part where you're in complete control of this as the timing of all of this is entirely within the raid's control.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Plus the fact that tank safety is one of the least concerns on that fight on normal, and when you get to heroic that scenario cannot happen. (well it can but it means your raid screwed up baaaad)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If it did happen your raid would probably be dead from 750k+ buffed Annihilation that stuns everyone anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]