Prot warrior hp extremely low.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wee, no stam trinkets and still beating you!

I get a cookie?!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The point of your Stamina/passive reduction is about whether your worst case hit is more threatening that someone else's worst case hit.

The Stamina that you do have has no bearing on whether another tank will take 10% less overall damage over the course of a fight, especially when that fight is Will and the damage intake is dependant on how well you pool during the dance and use cooldowns when they're meleeing.

The melee hits that would do 300k damage to you as a Warrior are likely to do more to a DK if they were taking a similar unmitigated hit. This is what warrants the Stamina/dr modifiers. If you're trying to make a case that your HP is too low, you need to justify it by suggesting that you have a worst case that is actually worse than another class that you're comparing to, and probably also that this worst case is more likely to happen to you. "I took 10% more damage" (without even a log/screenshot to back it up) has no correlation.

Well the thing that brought this to my attention is how scary a blade lord ta'yaks second overwhelming assault is without rolling cds on it. I feel like if i dont have a cd up for it iam gonna die which is probably the intent but what happens when we get to heroic?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Our survivability is fine. Guarantee you can play better as you didn't mention usage of any of your other cds, just block and barrier.

I actually did in a later post but you can make your assumptions they dont bother me.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Malkontent
but what happens when we get to heroic?

...you continue to use CDs?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Mneme
...you continue to use CDs?

useless comment is useless
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Any other actual prot warriors with alot of current heroic experience have any opinions. Or is this just gonna be pallys/dks/druids trying to justify keeping warriors down.
Reply Quote
64 Draenei Death Knight
11/29/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Malkontent
Well the thing that brought this to my attention is how scary a blade lord ta'yaks second overwhelming assault is without rolling cds on it. I feel like if i dont have a cd up for it iam gonna die which is probably the intent but what happens when we get to heroic?

The thing is, you are SUPPOSED to roll cds on the second overwhelming strike. Its scary for all tanks that dont outgear the content.

11/29/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Malkontent
Any other actual prot warriors with alot of current heroic experience have any opinions. Or is this just gonna be pallys/dks/druids trying to justify keeping warriors down.

FYI Sparklefever is a warrior, just posts on a pally. On top of that, many of us have multiple tank alts and have experience tanking on all of them.
Edited by Runtime on 11/29/2012 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

You use cooldowns.
On every class.
Just like it's intended.

I find it hilarious that you complained about a "useless" comment when it gave you the exact answer to deal with the situation.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You use cooldowns.
On every class.
Just like it's intended.

I find it hilarious that you complained about a "useless" comment when it gave you the exact answer to deal with the situation.

I do use my cds and i will continue to use my cds in heroic because it is required. So this comment is just as useless as the other comment you find so funny. And you should really look up the word complained it's such a common word you should really learn to use it properly.
Edited by Malkontent on 11/29/2012 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Runtime
The thing is, you are SUPPOSED to roll cds on the second overwhelming strike. Its scary for all tanks that dont outgear the content.

Ya, i totally get that. My concern is with do we really take that much less damage then every other tank to justify having THE lowest hp across the board.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've taken a second Unrelenting Assault with just a 20 rage barrier on heroic and no cds.

Cry more. Really.

Your elitist attitude and combative demeanor really is counter productive. You not coming off as cool or hip just douchey.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I do use my cds and i will continue to use my cds in heroic because it is required. So this comment is just as useless as the other comment you find so funny.

"What happens when we get to Heroic"
"You continue using cooldowns"
"That's such a useless comment"

What other answer to your question were you expecting?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
"What happens when we get to Heroic"
"You continue using cooldowns"
"That's such a useless comment"

What other answer to your question were you expecting?

My point was incoming damage will be much much higher and warrior lower hit points will put them at a disadvantage due to not actually taking less damage and iam perusing wol right now. Instead of turning this into a dur dur stupid comment dur dur stupid comment discussion like every other post on these forums please refrain from adding to it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Your borderline mental retardation and refusal to acknowledge actually useful comments is counterproductive to your own thread, moron.

Thanks for making my point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My point was incoming damage will be much much higher and warrior lower hit points will put them at a disadvantage due to not actually taking less damage and iam perusing wol right now.

No it won't.

Blade Lord on Heroic has even more mechanics that prevent him from ever applying a second stack Assault, it would require not using cooldowns and derp from your other tank not taunting away and letting you eat a melee hit AND healers leaving you at low health going into a predictable move.

There's no disadvantage between "live through it" and "live through it", when the entire point of the mechanic is that you shouldn't be putting yourself in danger by failing as a raid on multiple fronts. Never mind that you have similar options to ever other class in taking less damage from it - time Barrier, use cooldowns, and your worst case hit if you fail at all of them is less than, say, a DK or Paladin who completely fails the boat and takes it to the face.

The only people you can possibly complain about are Druids, because OA is something we snooze through.

Instead of turning this into a dur dur stupid comment dur dur stupid comment discussion like every other post on these forums please refrain from adding to it.

Your own stupidity in understanding what passive effects actually mean is what took the thread in that direction.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/29/2012 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So ive been looking thru wol's and they arent showing that warriors take less dmg. In particular the burst they take is just as high. ive been thru about 15 logs of blade lord so far and they are all pretty close. Since someone claimed that overall damage doesnt matter i will link incoming damage from a heroic blade lord kill from my server both tanks if you look the spike damage is very very similar in similar gear.
Prot warrior
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ede93i9d7on7h68g/details/8/
brewmaster monk
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ede93i9d7on7h68g/details/1/
Both have spikes of about the same damage except the warrior has much more. Which could possibly be that he was just the first to tank the boss
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]