PvP Gear: The great devide

90 Human Death Knight
I thought this expansion was going to make PvP more accessable to undergeared toons than cata was. In my experience this is not the case. I've recently levelled up a lock, he's currently got 46% resil and 7% power (I'm aware these are god-awful), ive got a combo of 463 heroics, contender gear, and 2 honor peices.

I'm going into bgs and literally get 2 shot by everything. I got killed by 2-3 ticks of devouring plague, 1 oblit and 1 frost strike, 1 choas bolt. Even when I pop meta, dark soul and grimoire of sacrifice, my chaos waves are hitting for 40k each and thats close to the most OP burst in the game for geared characters!

I'm sure I'm gonna love my lock but not for a few months till I have some decent gear. Blizzard if you actually read these post please strip PvP back and start again, it's turned into a beast you can't control.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Way of the road, buddy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/30/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Hemalador
I thought this expansion was going to make PvP more accessable to undergeared toons than cata was.

You thought wrong. Blizzard never said they were going to remove the gear grind / gear advantage.

As Goobz already said:

11/30/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Goobz
Way of the road, buddy.

It's been this way since Vanilla and it's not going to change.

PS +1 for at least !@#$%ing about something other than bots.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Muffindiver
You thought wrong. Blizzard never said they were going to remove the gear grind / gear advantage.

This is what Blizzard did say:

The goal of this change is to make it easier for a PvP player to participate in PvE, or for a PvE player to get started in PvP. Currently, we feel it is too large a barrier to go from one to the other, and the result has been that we see more and more players choosing to focus exclusively on only PvP or PvE.

Quoted from here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4544194/Dev_Watercooler_%E2%80%93_Mists_of_Pandaria_Stat_Changes-3_1_2012

So it is clear that Blizzard's original *intent* was to make it easier for PvPers to PvE and vice versa. The actual result has swung so far in the opposite direction, however (item upgrades being the latest "innovation" in that regard), that if you're going to do both PvE and PvP, you may as well be using two different toons--the amount of grinding you need to do is about the same. In Cata, I could occasionally participate in a raid even with my PvP gear. In MoP, my PvP trinkets don't even have my main stat on them!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I think the honor grind should be longer. Gear disparity + WINbolt = oceans of tasty tears.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Paladin

It's been this way since Vanilla and it's not going to change.

I'll never get why people use this as reasoning; a lot, a lot of things have changed since Vanilla. Some for the better, some for the worse, but there is literally no reason besides player complacency or developer laziness that they can't be changed.
If you ask me, gear shouldn't factor into PvP to begin with: Let people choose a preset set of gear, get it for free or cheap, and do some damn PvP; make the rewards cosmetics and mounts, basically, make it a PvP version of Challenge Modes.

And the people who were just there for gear / honor and didn't want to PvP anyway? Congratulations, you now don't have to do something you don't enjoy, or risk getting banned because of your stupid bot. PvP would be left to the people who actually want to play it, maybe even attracting new, more casual players who were put off by the gear grind.
And don't even bother telling me "You can get a set in a week!" I know, I've done it, but anything that takes a week to get you in on the ground level, especially in a piece of interactive entertainment, is just poorly designed.
Reply Quote
They added pvp power to make sure pve items werent as good, and its becoming a mental system.
Each little addition to fix the problem of fixing the problem is just causing problems.

If you stopped whining about pvping in pve gear then maybe they could focus on pvp in pvp gear and ignore the problems created by all their little "fixes"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]