I slack on my dailies and raid just fine.

90 Pandaren Monk
In fact I tank just fine too, only rep item's I have are my neck and a ring. Started raiding in all blue's from heroic dungeons had no real issues, did my LFR's and Sha (The occasional Galleon even though I got no loot.)

So if dailies are so forced please explain to me what it is forced for? Only one I can see being "forced" is the cloud serpent riding, far as I can recall in BC you did not need rep to use the PvP drakes so why do you need rep for the raid serpents?

Anyways, please explain to me why you are "forced"?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Because.

Shhh.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKgVtbGhmI
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Zaarten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKgVtbGhmI
Thank you for that xD
Reply Quote
I'm about to have a temper tantrum.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
But you can't slack on dailies! They're REQUIRED! They're NECESSARY! You can't be COMPETITIVE without doing them! You're GIMPING your raid group by not devoting your entire life to preparing for your raids!

/sarcasm
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
In fact I tank just fine too, only rep item's I have are my neck and a ring. Started raiding in all blue's from heroic dungeons had no real issues, did my LFR's and Sha (The occasional Galleon even though I got no loot.)

So if dailies are so forced please explain to me what it is forced for? Only one I can see being "forced" is the cloud serpent riding, far as I can recall in BC you did not need rep to use the PvP drakes so why do you need rep for the raid serpents?

Anyways, please explain to me why you are "forced"?
its forced because blizz put a carrot on a stick and everyone is chasing the carrot.

valor cap is 1000: must cap weekly!
vendors sell valor items at revered: must reach revered!
people are growing motes: must learn to farm!

and then there's that nonsensical idea that in order to do LFR, you need valor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Mvura
I'm about to have a temper tantrum.
Your hair looks cute. Did that calm you down any?

its forced because blizz put a carrot on a stick and everyone is chasing the carrot.

valor cap is 1000: must cap weekly!
vendors sell valor items at revered: must reach revered!
people are growing motes: must learn to farm!

and then there's that nonsensical idea that in order to do LFR, you need valor gear.

I want to know what makes people think this way, how is dailies so appealing to people?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well, I'll just pick one issue.

If you want the good bracer enchants for your guild, the +180 to str, agi or int, you have to be revered with the August Celestials to buy them from the Quartermaster.

You can't even do August Celestial dailies unless you are Revered with the Golden Lotus.

Forced Golden Lotus dailies until revered.

Then forced August Celestial dailies until revered.

There is no other way to gain rep except through dailies.

So, while not necessarily 'forced' if you want to argue that you don't need good bracer enchants.

But for the majority who do want the enchants, yes, the dailies are forced.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Warlock
Well, I'll just pick one issue.

If you want the good bracer enchants for your guild, the +180 to str, agi or int, you have to be revered with the August Celestials to buy them from the Quartermaster.

You can't even do August Celestial dailies unless you are Revered with the Golden Lotus.

Forced Golden Lotus dailies until revered.

Then forced August Celestial dailies until revered.

There is no other way to gain rep except through dailies.

So, while not necessarily 'forced' if you want to argue that you don't need good bracer enchants.

But for the majority who do want the enchants, yes, the dailies are forced.

This particular issue has been in every expansion.. those recipes have always been rare or hard to acquire
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Cármina

Wait? What? You don't need 489 gear to do content that drops 483 gear?
Next you'll say you don't need 489 gear to do content that drops 489 gear.

Are you tryin to make my head asplode?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's great that you are having fun not doing dailies. that's you're right. The people who complain about doing them aren't really wrong either though.

A large percentage of the playerbase sees themselves as competitive raiders and therefore strives to give themselves every competitive advantage when it comes to raiding. Prior to Mop, the number of ways to give yourself an advantage were pretty limited. Looking back, blizzard has taken steps over the years to removed items which give advantages to raiders that were considered too grindy. Remember putting wizard oils on your weapons in BC? or chain potting throughout fights? Sharpening stones for melee? these features were a part of raiding for a long time and were removed because they were seen as putting an unnecessary burden on raiders who just wanted to focus on raiding... not farming materials for consumables.

So now we have dailies which some people feel like they have to do and don't appreciate it. Be it for tokens for extra loot rolls or now valor to upgrade existing gear, there is pressure being put on players to do dailies. If you don't personally feel that pressure that's fine but don't deny that for alot of players it exists in a very real way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Blackgoddess

Wait? What? You don't need 489 gear to do content that drops 483 gear?
Next you'll say you don't need 489 gear to do content that drops 489 gear.

Are you tryin to make my head asplode?
here here.

/cast [@Blackgoddess] pain suppression
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/30/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Poliwag
A large percentage of the playerbase sees themselves as competitive raiders and therefore strives to give themselves every competitive advantage when it comes to raiding.

I think you'll find that large percentage is somewhat smaller than you think it is. The majority of WoW subscribers just log in and play the game to pass time. The reason for LFR was that the majority don't get to see raiding otherwise, and it was pointless putting so much effort into content that only a small number were seeing.

Once you take off the people with no interest in seeing raids whatsoever, the LFRers, and the people that do normal mode in a more casual setting, that's a very tiny (yet very vocal) number that are actually so progression-orientated that they feel if something is an upgrade they have to do whatever it takes to have it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Alelsa
A large percentage of the playerbase sees themselves as competitive raiders and therefore strives to give themselves every competitive advantage when it comes to raiding.

I think you'll find that large percentage is somewhat smaller than you think it is. The majority of WoW subscribers just log in and play the game to pass time. The reason for LFR was that the majority don't get to see raiding otherwise, and it was pointless putting so much effort into content that only a small number were seeing.

Once you take off the people with no interest in seeing raids whatsoever, the LFRers, and the people that do normal mode in a more casual setting, that's a very tiny (yet very vocal) number that are actually so progression-orientated that they feel if something is an upgrade they have to do whatever it takes to have it.
What people see themselves as is usually not really what they are. This is a psychological problem that blizz has taken very good advantage of.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/30/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Alelsa
I think you'll find that large percentage is somewhat smaller than you think it is.

I can't really argue with you here since neither of us have any way of backing up our opinions. Agree to disagree?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Poliwag
I think you'll find that large percentage is somewhat smaller than you think it is.

I can't really argue with you here since neither of us have any way of backing up our opinions. Agree to disagree?
now if someone had data on how many people have even killed the first boss in moshugan, we can draw some kind of conclusion from that.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
11/30/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Mistweavers
only rep item's I have are my neck and a ring

But you get a free neck and free ring from doing a few more dailies and you could have spent that 2500 valor on upgrading your items elsehow.

The people complaining about dailies arn't people like YOU who waste their raid groups time by showing up ungeared.

Do your dailies, and then be grumpy darnit!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/30/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Cármina
What people see themselves as is usually not really what they are. This is a psychological problem that blizz has taken very good advantage of.

Heh, very true. I have to wonder how many of these "progression-orientated raiders" are diligently doing their PvP each week to cap conquest for upgrades. I mean, that's in the game and something that gives upgrades, right? :) (especially now PvP gear ilvl is only based on the PvE stat budget and ignores the additional PvP stats)

I think the root of the "competitiveness" issue is closer to "now I have more people to be competitive with", and "omg these daily scrubs may actually get close to my ilvl"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]