Portal shard disappointment

90 Human Paladin

The Shrine isn't an instant hearth away, not everyone hearths to the Shrine. Personally, I hearth to Halfhill.

TRUE! but you do have the option to hearth to the portals, thus, making the portal shards pointless given their current location requirement in game.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I just tested a flight:

Lazy Turnip (Halfhill Inn) -> Horde Portal Room:

310% flying + Paladin Flying Buff = 1min 30sec on the dot.

I didn't aim quite right and wasted 5-6 seconds trying to get around a tall mountain and I paused for a sec when I ran into the Inn on the 2nd floor, so I probably could have done it in 1min 20sec.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, the portal shards are a complete waste. Not that I go to the older areas often, just to SW to use the AH once in a blue moon. But, for that I just use my cape...

No control over the city and they have to be used at Half Hill... stupid.

I would just fly for 30 seconds to the shrine and use the portals there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Pretty sure I recall patch notes saying they only worked in Halfhill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just like a lot of the new toys, thay are designed to take up bag space we don't have so that we have to get rid of our fun stuff. :)

Portal shards were a good idea but just don't have enough of a use for me to spend the money/time/space to grow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Zerix
Portal shards were a good idea but just don't have enough of a use for me to spend the money/time/space to grow.

Agree. I wonder if there is any hope they can be tweaked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/30/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Vladimir
They're useless.

Agreed.Will not be wasting any more valuable planting hills for those portal seeds.

Too limited where you can use them and they take up too much bag space which I don't have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Agreed.Will not be wasting any more valuable planting hills for those portal seeds.

Too limited where you can use them and they take up too much bag space which I don't have

Yes
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Yandere
On a side note, why were all the portals removed from Dalaran only to be added back to a central location in Vale? Seems counter-intuitive to the reasons Blizzard originally stated for removing the portals in Dalaran. But I digress....

Not counter intuitive at all. They didn't want people hanging out in the WotLK hub during Cataclysm. It is now MoP and the do want you hanging out in the hub for MoP. The portals will be removed after the expansion just like they did with Dal and Shat.

But the Shat portals remained into the whole Wrath expansion..............????????

Didn't think that through did you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah, since you can bind at the shrine of whatever and then use the teleports to cities:

This is real pointless.

The only use would be if you were standing around at halfhill, then suddenly figured you'd go to stormwind for some reason and your hearth to the shrine had not cooled down yet.

Or, for you non engineers, its a slightly faster trip to the AH if you happen to be standing around at halfhill and suddenly you need to go to the AH.

--------------

Here is what I HOPED it was going to be:

An additional stone you could grow, which stacked, which ported you to the same place as your hearthstone from ANYWHERE - or ported you to those cities from ANYWHERE (separate from the cooldown on a hearthstone, of course)
Edited by Kybeorie on 11/30/2012 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here is what I HOPED it was going to be:

An additional stone you could grow, which stacked, which ported you to the same place as your hearthstone from ANYWHERE - or ported you to those cities from ANYWHERE (separate from the cooldown on a hearthstone, of course)

yes i wanted the second.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Well here is what I thought it would be

Portal to a city from anywhere in Azeroth and party members could use it too.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Make it take up four farming slots
Be allowed to choose where the portal goes
Make it usable anywhere

Problem solved, this was already talked about on ptr, Blizz doesn't listen or care
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Question: do they port you to Mage trainer location? I love how when you port from the vale to org you end up right by the AH. Even on my Mage, I do this rather than create a portal to org since I don't like ending up in the shadow area.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Hunter
Blizzard was not about to provide a direct replacement for mage portals. Thus you get these.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Priest
personally i was hoping they could be used anywhere ,no need to make them harder to obtain , its only a port, not a legendary item here. Oo

what they should have done is simply had 1 general port to grow, and when activated you can choose what city to go to.

if they want limitations then limit how many you can hold at once, or obviously a cd if thats better.

simple/practical as it should be.

to me its not worth the plot to plant them in. if others find use for them then cool :o)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]